SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Research: God did speak world into existence

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Research: God did speak world into existence

I saw this article this morning on the web.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54131

What do you think about it?

ginnyrose

2007/2/12 14:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Research: God did speak world into existence

Can we prove the existence of the earth? seems strange to me. I know that He is because "he lives" ! the miricale of the resurrection and my changed life points to the fact of God. Answered prayer points to that fact. The earth itself proves God is. But I don't think we can prove all of this with "scientific" man's wisdom. Science is nothing specials, its just a part of man's wisdom and at times that "earthly sensual wisdom" upsurps God himself.

Just some of my thoughts and responses to the article.

2007/2/12 14:23Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well even if they would come up whit "an" evidence.... if we look away from the obvious ones...

but any how if they found a evidence.... that wont change anything...they still need to repent

2007/2/12 15:45Profile
IsaacD

Re:

Yes... It's not a lack of evidence that is man's problem... it's a suppression of truth: "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."
"For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." John 3:19,20

There's plenty of evidence, but they choose not to believe.

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
well even if they would come up whit "an" evidence.... if we look away from the obvious ones...

but any how if they found a evidence.... that wont change anything...they still need to repent

2007/2/12 16:57Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Research: God did speak world into existence

Hi Ginnyrose, how are you?

I looked over the article you asked about.

I had trouble going along with the idea because it seems difficult to believe that we can safely assume much of anything as to the nature of the power or force God used in His initial acts of creation. Sure, we can say..

He spoke, His Spirit moved...but beyond that how can we even begin to imagine some sort of definition of what exactly that means or how it happened?

In the same theme, there is a speaker here at Sermonindex that you and others might appreciate if you are interested in this sort of thing. I have very much appreciated the talks that Dr. A.E Wilder-Smith gave on the subject of creation.

Here's a few for starters...

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=716&commentView=itemComments]Logos in Biology[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=721&commentView=itemComments]Logos in Language[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=720&commentView=itemComments]Logos in Nature[/url]

I pray you'll be edified.

2007/2/12 17:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I appreciate you all taking your time to share your opinions.

I, for one, do not question the creation story as recored in Genesis and the rest of the Bible and neither do I have the scientific knowledge to discern whether the allegations made by this writer is kosher or not. I have read AIG lit and we have had one of their speakers in our church, all so very interesting. Having said this I still think it would be incredibly fascinating if the creation story could be proven to be true to the most severe critics. But I am not holding breath for this to happen. Oh, sure I know that when all stand before the great white throne every knee will bow and shall confess that Jesus is LORD!

The problem as I see it is that it will not matter whether man will be able to prove the creation story scientifically, there will still be men blinded by their own will who will refute it, citing this theory and that one as more reliable. To acknowledge a Creator who is greater then they will mean they will have to submit to a Being greater then themselves and for many this is too much. They want to be in charge of their own lifestyles, they want to be their own God.

I agree with Ravi Zacharias who said: Is it possible that somewhere in the deepest recesses of the human heart we are not really battling intellectual ideas as much as fighting for the right of our sexual proclivities and our passionate indulgences?
~Ravi Zacharias, Lessons from the Battle of Ideas, 11-21

ginnyrose

2007/2/12 23:12Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Jesus words to Thomas would apply to this, "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

We shouldn't have to be convinced that what God said is true, we should believe in faith.

Jordan

2007/2/12 23:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy