SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where do we draw the line ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
As far as someone showing up on a Sunday morning with a half finished beer... yea, like that ever happens. If anyone has ever seen that, let me know.

I read that it’s not uncommon in some inner city churches. I think they are talking about homeless or street people bringing in their “brown bag bottles”

God Bless

TJ

2007/2/13 12:24Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

Somehow people have gotten the idea that the church gathering is for evangelism, and that is not the main purpose.

this is the problem in many churches... we should worship God because he is God and thats why we have meetings.... or the main thing, then there are "bi-products" that to are important and good things...but as for reaching the lost, we should go out "into" the world and preach the Gospel...making people into disciples of Jesus... then you can come worship together whit us, but many churches stopped doing that and just built up four walls and sit there and expect people come walking in and get saved, praise God when that happends,...but its not why we meet on the sabbath

2007/2/13 12:59Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

As far as someone showing up on a Sunday morning with a half finished beer... yea, like that ever happens. If anyone has ever seen that, let me know. I haven't. But it would be inappropriate if it ever did, and there is nothing wrong with having some standards. In the OT that would have never happened in the temple. Not without God consuming them with fire.

a brother told me he had been in a meeting and they invited a pastor to speak, and he came and he got into the pulpit and he putted a six-pack of beer on the pulpit! first they thought he was going to demonstrate something but after some preaching he opened and started to drink!

i asked what happened, but he said the people listening was so utterly in shock no one said anything! i don't know what is most sad...?

2007/2/13 13:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy