SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Frisbee

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArthurRosh

Re:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv3O8SseOio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCvH9NOTSzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLYAni77260

2016/8/20 11:31Profile
forrests

Re:

Quote:
Lonnie struggled with homosexually. Apparently he was never able to gain the victory over it, which is a shame because it killed him in the end.

I believe he was saved...

How do you justify such a position when it stands at odds with the word of God?

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
~ 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

2016/8/20 12:50Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Is David in heaven? If so, why?

2016/8/20 16:48Profile
forrests

Re: King David

If you are asking me, I'd say: "Because he repented and didn't die in his sin."

So David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die..."
~ 2 Samuel 12:13

"So David arose from the ground, washed and anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he went to his own house; and when he requested, they set food before him, and he ate."
~ 2 Samuel 12:20

See also Psalm 51.

"Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.

"For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter."
~ 2 Corinthians 7:9-11

2016/8/20 19:13Profile

Re:

No one knows what took place in this brother's ❤ his last days on 🌎.

2016/8/20 19:58
forrests

Re:

Julius, if you care to understand what I am saying - please go back and read the persons comment (Krispy? Is that the name)...that person said her(?)self that she(?) didn't think he ever overcame the homosexuality yet that she(?) believed he was still a brother(/in heaven).

Those were her(?) words, not mine.

2016/8/21 2:06Profile
forrests

Re:

Krispy said:

Quote:
Lonnie struggled with homosexually. Apparently he was never able to gain the victory over it, which is a shame because it killed him in the end.

I believe he was saved. I believe he had a good heart, and really wanted to serve the Lord. But his propensity for bizzare charismatic doctrines and his giving into to sin prevented him from being all that God wanted him to be.

I didn't make any claims about the man. I know very little about him.

My question was how he/she can believe that a homosexual inherited the kingdom of God when the scripture clearly contradicts such a thing...

2016/8/21 2:10Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by forrests
How do you justify such a position when it stands at odds with the word of God?

Krispy is no longer on SI to defend his position

2016/8/21 8:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Rev. 21:6-8 And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. 7 The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Again I ask, based on these verses, how is David, or any other believer, including Lonnie Frisbee, spared the Lake of Fire? You will say that Lonnie Frisbee was a practicing homosexual. How many Christians are practicing liars? How many Christians lie in some fashion on the day of their death? Do you think Lonnie Frisbee felt convicted by his sin?

2016/8/21 9:31Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

There is absolutely no excuse for a Christian let alone a leader to fall into a sin such as homosexuality.

However, how is the Church to deal with a "Lonnie Frisbee"? The Word of God says this:

"Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye who are spiritual restore such a one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted." (Galatians 6:1).

The Church should not compromise with sin, but should seek to bring about restoration to fellowship when a brother or sister has fallen.

It appears that Chuck Smith did follow the scriptural pattern in this manner. Lonnie Frisbee confessed his homosexual behavior as sin and never tried to justify it. However it appears that he never overcame it.

I believe that God allowed Lonnie Frisbee to contact the aids virus to give him space to repent.

This is how the Apostle Paul dealt with a man that was sleeping with his father's wife:
"When you are gathered in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, along with the power of the Lord Jesus, hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord. Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough?…" (1 Corinthians5: 4-6).

2016/8/21 9:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy