SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Greetings in Jesus' Name!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Greetings in Jesus' Name!

Greetings, brethren!

"And Enoch walked with God..."

I'm not new to this site (I've been an onlooker for a year or so now) although I haven't actually registered before. Therefore, I elected to request membership here so I can more fully partake of and participate in the fellowship here on SI. One of the things I appreciate most here is the discussions that occur on the forums. This is one of the few places on the internet where discussions on doctrine and world events are held without foul language, libel or wickedness. It's great to see that there are brethren around the world that want to walk with God and serve Him in their everyday lives... just as I desire to.

I have been converted for about four years now. I was raised in a Christian home but chose to follow sin instead, and gave in to rebellious attitudes and other wickedness that sunk me deeper and deeper. I was angry, bitter and unkind. Yet at the same time I made an outward profession of Christianity; such 'faith' without works is dead. But, praise the Lord Jesus, He brought me out of the miry clay. He didn't see fit to leave me in my empty, sinful hypocrisy. He did not let the Christian teaching that I had received as a boy sit in my heart for nought. My heart came under a load of conviction, and I repented from my sins and believed upon the Lord Jesus for the salvation and sanctification of my poor soul.

It's been a battle ever since. The devil hates to lose a faithful servant, eh? But, the victory is there when we walk with the Lord!

One of my favorite quotes is:

"You say the devil is always trying to harass you.
"You must be doing SOMETHING right!"

So, just like my 'hero' Enoch, I will strive to walk with God and be "conformed into the image of His Son." "To Him that overcometh, white raiment shall be giv'n."

Hallelujah for the promises!

On a practical note:
My access to internet is a bit limited, so I will probably not be too 'regular' on here... though I would like to contribute when I can.

Please pardon some rather uninventive grammar and choice of words; this was composed on a short-notice basis! ;-)

"...and he was not; for God took him."

2007/2/10 16:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Greetings in Jesus' Name!

Quote:
I'm not new to this site (I've been an onlooker for a year or so now) although I haven't actually registered before. Therefore, I elected to request membership here so I can more fully partake of and participate in the fellowship here on SI.

Brother Ryan,

I am glad that you have decided to register here on the website. May God bless you and encourage you as you delve into the resources offered here on the website. I encourage you to listen to this sermon if you have not yet by Paris Reidhead: Ten Shekels and a Shirt.

I thought of this verse when reading your post:

"Dearly believed, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul." - 1 Peter 2:11

A fellow pilgrim.

2007/2/10 17:46Profile
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re:

You're right... the sermon you referred to by Bro. Paris is excellent. He really shows us (and me) how much humanism and selfishness is in the heart! WOW!

I recognized that my avatar is from an archaic copy of "Pilgrim's Progress". I saw it on your list and knew that it was perfect! :-)

A pilgrim... walking with God. Soon, all us pilgrims will be caught up just like our friend Enoch, "and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

2007/2/10 18:12Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Greetings in Jesus' Name!

Brother Ryan, welcome to the forums :-)

May God be gracious to you, and shine His face upon you, and all your time here.

Chris

2007/2/10 18:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy