SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Sent of God ~ Oswald Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Sent of God ~ Oswald Chambers

This devotional by Oswald Chambers really blessed me this morning.

~~
[b]Sent of God[/b]
[i]Romans 10:15[/i]
The Christian worker must be sent; he must not elect to go. Nowadays that is the last thing thought of; it is a determination on the part of the individual.--This is something I can do and I am going to do it. Beware of demanding that people go into work, it is a craze; the majority of saved souls are not fit to feed themselves yet. How am I to know I have been sent of God? First, by the realization that I am utterly weak and powerless and if I am to be of any use to God, God must do it all the time.--Is this the humiliating certainty of my soul, or merely a sentimental phrase? Second, because I know I have to point men to Jesus Christ, not get them to think what a holy man I am. [b]The only way to be sent is to let God lift us right out of any sense of fitness in ourselves and place us where He will.[/b]
[i]-Taken from Still Higher for His Highest, February 10th, Oswald Chambers[/i]

2007/2/10 11:57
Tears_of_joy

Re: Sent of God ~ Oswald Chambers

Wonderful...

[i]First, by the realization that I am utterly weak and powerless and if I am to be of any use to God, God must do it all the time.

[b]Is this the humiliating certainty of my soul, or merely a sentimental phrase?[/b][/i]

Oh..

2007/2/10 12:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy