Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Televised Christian Debate

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Televised Christian Debate

Dear Saints,

A few days ago, Tristan Emmanuel (author of the book, "Warned: Canada's Revolution Against Faith, Family & Freedom Threatens America") debated New York Times Columnist, Chris Hedges, who authored the book, "American Fascists: The Christian Right And The War On America", on CTS's "On The Line" with Christine Williams.
[url=http://www.ecpcentre.org/p-news.php?id=234]Here[/url] is a link to this televised debate.
Comments?.........

richie

2007/2/10 1:30Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re: Televised Christian Debate

Apologies,

I've been informed that Mr Chris Hedges was a Ny Times columnist, but not so at this time.
hopefully the info I've recieved is accurate.
richie

2007/2/10 1:54Profile
Yeshuasboy

I guess I was abit surprised that Jesus' discussion with Nicodemus wasn't brought up as recorded in John 3:1-21.
Here, the Christ clearly states, "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."- Jn 3:5b (kjv)
When anyone still chooses to believe there are many ways to heaven after reading this Scripture, to me, that person is basically saying, "I don't believe what Jesus said in John 3:5."
Many believe in Jesus, but don't believe many of His teachings on eternal life and hell. Oh how darkened is the soul of man without the Holy Spirit.
Preach the Truth and you are called "narrow-minded". Well, Praise God, for the Way is narrow that leads to eternal life... and Jesus is that Way. I also believe, however, that it is of the utmost importance to teach the Truth in the power/Love/humility of the Holy Spirit. To me, only a "living epistle" can do this. "
2Cor 3:5 "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;"
2Cor 3:6 "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."
A religious leader not understanding Spiritual truths (Jn 3:9-10). This should be of great concern to the "church" in North America.
I wrote down a quote from Charles Spurgeon a while back from somewhere in the "Spurgeon Quotes" section of this great site, that I think can better summarize this than I ever could when he said,
"...Where ministers and Christian churches have held fast to the truth that the Holy Scriptures have been given by God as an authoritative an infallible rule of faith and practice they have never wandered very seriously out of the right way. But when, on the other hand, reason has been exalted above revelation, and made the exponent of revelation, all kinds of errors and mischiefs have been the result."
I think there should be more debates done, but always in the Spirit of meekness considering others better than ourselves.

richie

2007/2/10 6:17Profile
Yeshuasboy

Quote:

Yeshuasboy wrote:
Dear Saints,

A few days ago, Tristan Emmanuel (author of the book, "Warned: Canada's Revolution Against Faith, Family & Freedom Threatens America") debated New York Times Columnist, Chris Hedges, who authored the book, "American Fascists: The Christian Right And The War On America", on CTS's "On The Line" with Christine Williams.
[url=http://www.ecpcentre.org/p-news.php?id=234]Here[/url] is a link to this televised debate.
Comments?.........

richie
Quote:

2007/2/11 3:34Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Dear Saints,

Comments?.........

richie

2007/2/11 3:36Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brother Ritchie, is there a transcript available to read? It might be easier for me, thanks.

How do you think it went?

Chris

2007/2/11 10:57Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

There maybe a transcript available through the ECP Centre. You can contact them in regards to this by emailing them @
[email protected]

I'm very sure they have the answer to your particular question.

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
Brother Ritchie, is there a transcript available to read? It might be easier for me, thanks.
How do you think it went?
Chris

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."- Eph 6:12(kjv)

"But fooloish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do generate strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto [b]all[/b] men, apt to teach, patient; In [b]meekness[/b] instructing those that oppose themselves; if [u][b]God[/b][/u] peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." - 2Tim 2:23-26 (kjv)

I think once speaking the truth in love starts to cross-over into a who's right and who's wrong debate, it is probably just best to go to the prayer closet. I know I have much to learn in this area.... like a giant cross to carry at times.
But I do think that false doctrine must be challenged, but perferrably by men filled with the Holy Ghost if it is God's will for that particular person. Now I'm getting off topic.
I hope my late response to your question did not come across as insensitive.

An undeserving brother,
richie

2007/2/20 4:08Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I have had discussions about this issue with friends lately and the consensus is that persecution for believers is on the way. I find it funny that Chris Hedges would even call himself a Christian. Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes unto the Father but by me. And ye must be born again. This man is such an amazing fixture.

This interview was very interesting, thanks for sharing it.

2007/2/20 9:24Profile
lovegrace

Chris says he wants a religion that has many ways to lead to God. Well, buddy. All I can say, is that you won't find that in the bible.

Tristan did a good job.

2007/2/20 17:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy