SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many "Bibles" were used in writing the Purpose Driven Church?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

How many "Bibles" were used in writing the Purpose Driven Church?

I'm doing some research and having a little trouble finding out how many translations/paraphrases were used in writing the PDC. Does anyone have any information on this? Also need to know where info came from.

God Bless

TJ

2007/2/8 12:30Profile
Provost

Re: How many "Bibles" were used in writing the Purpose Driven Church?

All I know is I decided not to read it when I say Rick Warren was using the message. I also decided not to read his book when I heard he trained under Robert Schuller.

2007/2/8 12:42Profile
broD

Re: How many "Bibles" were used in writing the Purpose Driven Church?

As to where the info came from. It is my humble opinion that Rick took many of his princilples from modern business management practices. :-)

2007/2/8 13:52Profile

Re:

He uses 15 different versions, best I can tell. I used to have a copy of PDL (for the same reason I have a Book of Mormon...) but it got rotated off my book shelves, and I'm not sure where it is. But if you get a copy there should be a listing of all of them because of copyright laws. The only one he didnt need copyright permission to use is the KJV. The KJV has no copyright. All the other ones do... and this allows the owner of the copyright to make money off it.

So... to the best of my knowledge, FIFTEEN.

It's bad enough he uses some horrible versions, but it's the way he uses them that I have real problem with. If one version doesnt fit his point, he uses one that does. Thats not how scripture ought to be applied. Not at all.

This info comes from several websites. The most notable being David W. Cloud's. Some may not agree with everything he says, but he does his homework. Very thorough.

By the way, if you havent read PDL, I recommend you do so... or else your research will be pointless. You have to be able to say "I read this book and I like/dislike it because...".

It's like an unbeliever saying "I dont believe the Bible!" You ask "Have you ever read it?" .... 90% say "no". The other 10% are lying!

Krispy

2007/2/8 13:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy