SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : evolution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

Re: evolution

There is a new book out by Carl Kerby called "Remote Control" that doesn't teach about evolution but shows how hollywood paved the way for and helped to indoctrinate viewers to evolutionistic thinking. It's light reading and interesting.
I hope this is not too far off the thread but Ken Ham wrote a book called "Creation Evangelism for the new Millennium." This is a good book showing some ways to evangelize a world that has grown up being taught evolution and being taught that the Bible is not all true.
I apologize if this is too far from the stream of thought we are on.
In His service,
preacheraflame

2007/2/9 8:20Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
The entire "science" of evolution is based upon a small group of theories that are universally accepted by most scientists.

I think Bubba puts a finer point on this acceptance...

Quote:
"Because of the scarcity of fossils and the discovery of important new finds every few years, researchers disagree about the details and sometimes even basic elements of human evolutionary history." This is true, but it doesn't dissuade scientists from believing in evolution

(Emphasis mine)

Let's see if I can relate to this belief. I believe man, over the course of a few million years, evolved from a branch of monkey, whose species was another mutation from a type of lemur that lived millions of years earlier, and so on through shrews, mammal-like reptiles, amphibians, fish, and cellular plasm creatures....all the way back to a miraculous immaculate conception of a living reproductive cell that came to life from a sloshing of minerals, waters and strobing sunlight.

Now, neither myself or any other scientist has successfully explained how this came to be, nor can any of us agree on what exactly is the organizing force in nature that can create fully funtional organs, breathing, circulatory, and nervous systems, complete DNA sequencing. In fact even the billions of years we have requisitioned for our belief still does not mathemathically support the quantum-fantastic diversity in biology, the astonishing puzzling forms of life manifested, all successfully overcoming an endless series of incomprehensible odds, only to constantly be producing one surprising transmutation after another. Indeed modern genetic and animal hubandry science, a human indelligent design factor that should outwit chance quite considerably, can't even evolve a sheep or a cow into..well another type of animal that isn't a sheep or cow.

Still I believe in Macro Evolution.

Why? Because the alternative would be to believe in someone I can't see.

I would rather believe in something I can't see then someone.

Evolution is the modern name we give for an ancient pagan myth. It's the story men for thousands of years have been telling their tell children about how long ago the animals, including the rational animal man, arose up out of the sea by chance.

What a revelation...scientists are just like people. They believe things.

MC

2007/2/9 9:15Profile

Re:

Most people that believe in Evolution (including, surprisingly, some Christians) seem unable to get their heads around the fact that Evolution requires a basic increase in INFORMATION at the genetic level. If the information isn't there already, in some form or another,nothing will happen. (Much information is "hidden" - which is why some family traits skip a generation, or mixed-race parents can have a child very much lighter or darker skinned than either)

There are animals that we could imagine have "evolved" to glide from tree to tree in forests eg, "flying" squirrels (or Dumbo???), not by adding anything, but by changes in parts of their bodies that were already there.

But that isn't really evolution because it needs no new information. The creatures already had flaps of skin or whatever, in the required places, they just got bigger, with the help of existing genetic information. So it isn't really evolution at all!

One basic kind of creature doesn't turn into a different kind. Flying squirrels never become anything except squirrels. Nor do they have the information to grow true wings and take to the skies like birds. Any more than the various breeds of dogs can become anything other than dogs.

God made everything "after its kind". Which is exactly what we see in nature - different basic sorts of plants and animals - that are similar to each other but very unlike those from a different "kind".

Jeannette

2007/2/9 16:43

Re:

Compton,

I don't believe that evolution was mere "chance" but rather that the universe was programmed to develop life through the organic processes initially established with the big bang. The tails of comets traversing the universe were the source of much of the primary, basic building blocks of living things; namely, complex carbon molecules. As I understand it, these comets essentially were the "Johnny apple seeds" of God's original creation, spreading the basic components of life to vessels such as the earth, where they could develop according to God's plan.

Bub

2007/2/9 17:44

Re: evolution

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
Compton,

I don't believe that evolution was mere "chance" but rather that the universe was programmed to develop life through the organic processes initially established with the big bang. The tails of comets traversing the universe were the source of much of the primary, basic building blocks of living things; namely, complex carbon molecules. As I understand it, these comets essentially were the "Johnny apple seeds" of God's original creation, spreading the basic components of life to vessels such as the earth, where they could develop according to God's plan.

Bub

[b]

Fair enough, that's probably what you were taught, (so was I) but there's a lot of solid SCIENTIFIC evidence to suggest that it isn't so!

Blessings

Jeannette[/b]

2007/2/9 17:54
luckyd

tx

Re: evolution is not true

bubba evolution i know is not true because the bible does not say it is. maybe that sounds ingorant for christians to believe that the bible is literal but i used to also think that maybe evolution could work to gether. I thought it was not true when the bible talks about a dinosaur and a dragon. the bible is being made true more and more and evolution less and less.
First i would like to tell you that there are more facts that the bible is true. For example dinosaurs. Did you know at one time everyone thought the world was flat and it was always taught long ago. There have been many claims such as that and eventually have been proven wrong...so about dinosaurs. we are always taught in school about how long ago dinosaurs lived and the different possibilites that happened for them to die out. Did you know there is more in the bible that proves evolution is false. For example a dinosaur print and human print were found together and dinosaur clay figures have been found made by people as well as cave drawings. tools and other things have also been found at the time of dinosaurs. a human was even found inside a dinosaur in this picture. http://www.biblelandstudios.com/nuke/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=38 the bible in job talks about a dinosaur and a dragon very clearly and in fact there has been new evidence such as on the animal planet that dragons did exist. They even found a skeleton looking dragon figure with i believe if i remember correctly a sword with skeltons of humans... and it definitley didnt look like a dinosaur and again many say its a dragon. dragons were also talked about everywhere long ago and have been in drawings of past times. this was on the animal planet and there is more evidence other places. there is no proof for evolution. you might say ya but there is not proof that evolution didnt happen...yes there is proof evolution didnt happen. it starts with jesus. jesus changed my friends lives. They were druggies and one was a stripper and they were so unhappy and in gangs and now they are not. jesus saved them. I know the truth about jesus and i know the power he has had in my life. I had a girlfriend get saved and she always made fun of me and debated with me. she was smart when it came to religion yet she found jesus when she thought so intelegent in the worlds view. now heres the thing. Do i believe the evidence with evolution when we dont know if its real or do i believe what the bible says when i know jesus is real and that since hes god he used men to write the bible. and u might say they were just men and how could they write it perfect. Because maybe they arent perfect but god IS. and god can use anyone to do anything perfect in his name if he chooses to choose someone obedient. I will believe the bible because the one who i believe in who is perfect wrote it and he talks in job about a dinosaur and dragon and he says everything was made on the 6th day. like i said more evidence shows that dinosaurs lived with humans as well as dragons and so then evolution is wrong because everything was created on the 6th day. people were not apes either when they lived with dinosaurs because they could draw the dinosaurs. Now you can believe other things than when god says something about creation and believe god and know that it is literal or youcan believe in evolution and say the bible is not literal. people say ok well where is the proof that evolution didnt happen. but like i said it is found with jesus. people cant see the proof that god is real because they wont change thier hearts to jesus and so they can never see the proof but thats 100% proof of creation but remember this, the bible has been 100% right so far with prophesies and scientist have been proven wrong many times. they say that some animals are extinct yet they end up being wrong because those animals end up being found alive. and you may believe evolution because of what scientist say, but remember this, your believing scientist with thier beliefs when our own human kind, gods own creation, im talking about humans, they left proof by making for us drawings of dinosaurs and clay models of dinosaurs to show they lived with dinosaurs. so i wrote all this to show you that its going to be sad as the bible keeps proving you wrong as move evidence is uncovered and u one day have to face god. I mean just not long ago dragons were made belief yet the bible has always talked about dragons and now just recently dragons were said to maybe be real afer all. And your so stubborn that one day i pray you find the truth and understand who god really is and that the bible is his literal word.

2007/2/9 18:34Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Hi Bubba,

So you're telling me that you rather believe that a big explosion started the world, then God just speeking it into existince? That's like saying that parts of a watch exploded and poof there's a watch, which is less complex than the earth. When we look at the watch we automatically think there's a designer, well we we look at the earth we can see design, so there must be a Designer.

I know we've asked this before, but how can you belive the other things in the Bible if you don't belive the account of God's creation? If you can't believe the foundation of the Bible how can you trust anything else in it?

It is by faith we believe this, but it takes far more faith to believe something came from nothing.

Jordan

2007/2/9 18:50Profile
jordanamo

Re:

luckyd, if you want people to read your post, please paragraph... it's very long.

Trying to debate evolution is like trying to swat flies with your hand :-P

jordanamo

2007/2/9 19:15Profile
Compton

Re:

Hi Bub,

Thank you much for the gracious tone of your response.

Quote:
where they could develop according to God's plan.

I think I've asked you this before, but how do you see "developing according to God's plan" as being different then Intelligent Design? I'm not sure the late Stephen Gould, Edward Wilson, or Richard Dawkins would appreciate you having the creation sharing credit with the Creator! Their science insists that material processes alone can account for the complexity of life and that a designer is not "necessary".

Blessings,

MC

2007/2/9 22:06Profile

Re:

Compton,

Here's the ID explanation from the wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design

it says that ID argues for something different than natural selection, which is confusing to me because I see natural selection as part of the whole design of God. Why would God need to intervene in His creation as it worked to produce intelligent beings that have spiritual lives, such as ourselves? Wouldn't He get it right in the first place??!

Bub

2007/2/10 14:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy