Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : evolution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
luckyd

tx

evolution

I want to learn more about evolution...where would a good place be to start. Oh and i have a question. the thing about the deep rock layers and then later there were animals and then more earlier there were people..does anyone know about that...i just want an opinion about that showing how that isnt true for evolution

2007/2/8 2:29Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

Re: evolution

I think one of the best places for the information you are looking for is found at Answers in Genesis. They have a great website that archives articles and they have many books and DVDs for sale. What is neat is that they have things for all age groups and their goal is to help Christians think and see the world through a Biblical view rather than a world view. Ken Hamm also has a short radio program that covers these topics as well. (He is part of Answers in Genesis). Hope this helps. My whole family enjoys him.
In His service,
Preacheraflame

2007/2/8 2:44Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

I would suggest in addition to Answers in Genesis, Kent Hovind has some excellent resources and you can find them here at sermonindex. Look in the other speakers audio sermons under H and you will find both. Kent Hovind's website has links to a lot of websites about it as well.
Noah's flood explains all the layers. One catastrophic event can cause a lot of damage to the environment. Mt St. Helens is a perfect example to prove it doesn't take millions and millions of years to make layers...

2007/2/8 14:29Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Here is the Answers in Genesis website: www.answersingenesis.org. There's a button at the top of the page called Get Answers and that has lots of issues in categories, so it's really easy to find what you're looking for.

God Bless, Jordan

2007/2/8 15:09Profile

luckyd, here is a website from an online encyclopedia and what it says about human evolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiregional_hypothesis

Note that it starts out saying:

"Because of the scarcity of fossils and the discovery of important new finds every few years, researchers disagree about the details and sometimes even basic elements of human evolutionary history." This is true, but it doesn't dissuade scientists from believing in evolution. But then, neither should the overall evidence for the evolution of life dissuade anyone from believing the message of salvation in the Bible.

Bub

2007/2/8 15:52
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

One of the greatest flaws in the theory of evolution is not just the lack of fossil "evidence" concerning homosapiens, but also in ALL OTHER ANIMALS. Few of the "missing links" (supposedly between man and ape) are generally accepted by all scientists. The fact that there are virtually NO "missing links" for all other animals is puzzling to even the most ardent evolutionists.

Another great flaw, in my opinion, is that carbon dating (the greatest "proof" about the age of fossils) is based upon the half-life of carbon atoms. It is used to measure everything from living trees to meteors. Here lies the flaw: Does the method "date" carbon's halflife in it's current appearance, or the atom from the beginning of its creation? And come an outside alternative force (solar radiation, flood water, etc...) effect the deteoriation of the halflife of such atoms?

These are interesting things to think about. The entire "science" of evolution is based upon a small group of theories that are universally accepted by most scientists. But if a major flaw is found, it would set such scientists afoot in search of "explanations" for such discrepencies. Unfortunately, there are few respected scientists that are even considering flaws in the theory of evolution or the age or the Earth.

:-)

2007/2/8 16:50Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Another thing with the fossils is that some many animals are found fossilized together that shouldn't be together according to evolutionists. Like the one small dinosaur found inside a fossilized dog, that one really puzzled the evolutionists. :-D

Jordan

2007/2/8 19:21Profile
Meriwether

_In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood_

By Walt Brown, Ph.D.

You may read the entire book on-line or order a copy from the web site. It's written like a text book. Very organized. Check it out. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone else who has read this book.

2007/2/8 23:04Profile
jordanamo

Want to learn about Evolution? I'd recommend starting with Charles Darwin... Origin of Species. You can find it pretty cheap, used, online at Amazon.com or Abebooks.com... it should be only about $4-$5 including shipping.

I wouldn't recommend reading a book/film/etc. by someone that denounces Evolution... to learn about Evolution. You won't get the full picture. It's like an atheist reading anti-biblical books without ever reading the source-- the Bible. :-P

Jordan

2007/2/9 0:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

luckyd,
Our oldest son, who graduated from Mississippi State University for Women, told me you should learn the basic principles of Biology and then when you apply these to the theory of evolution you will be able to discern truth from error. (This son graduate with a BS in microbiology.)

ginnyrose

2007/2/9 0:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy