SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I cry out! The Lord wants Holiness!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I cry out! The Lord wants Holiness!

I can't help writing this without anguish. The Lord made Himself known to me. I prayed so strongly. It didn't take two 80 year old ladies praying for years (Hebrides 1954). It happened so fast it took my breath away. 2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people call upon my name.... so I did. He built His tabernacle in our home. He answered my prayer.
Now I hear the Revival Hymn (Audio Downloads) and cry out. The church today is a party. As long as everyone is happy. We go to Bible School and study from (Rev Dr) Ken Chant about Happy Christian. Happy? Humanism said we should be happy. What about crying out for God. We became true revivalists and as such there's nowhere we can fit in because Christianity has become so lukewarm. We go to this church that church it's no good. The Lord laid upon my heart 'New Covenant Church' : Now if you will obey my voice and keep my covenant you shall be my own posession among all peoples for all the earth is mine and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words you shall speak to the children of Israel. We got Hillsong church here in Australia they say its ok you can go to party theres ten thousand of them. The pastors wife teaches about looking good wear makeups etc. So does Joyce Meyer. Who cares what you look like. I cry out. O Lord, I cry out. Thankyou for our moderator who had the sense to start this website. It's the only place I can call home. My wife said get his talk I want to read it (Being a Christian and The World). You cant do both. The Lord wants holiness. The church wants programmes,fun. What do you want?

2007/2/7 5:55
Compton

Re: I cry out! The Lord wants Holiness!

Just came across this post...this unturned stone.

Quote:
What do you want?

Among many things...for the Lord to increase your numbers brother. The fire in your heart is most welcome here.

Blessings,

MC

2007/2/7 9:02Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Isaiah 62v6-7, I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem, they shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the LORD, do not keep silent,
7-And give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

Maybe, just maybe, we are giving God too much rest.

Maybe He can't answer prayer because His people are not praying, or not praying enough, or maybe just enough prayer to stay saved.

Do not keep silent, is the cry in Isaiah 62.

Give Him no rest.

Till He makes Jerusalem...wait a minute.

Let's change that shall we, just for a while, we know we can't change God's word. But supposing it were to read...

Till He makes Australia a praise in the earth.

Till He makes England a praise in the earth.

Till He makes America a praise in the earth.

Now we can change the scripture back!

Where are the watchmen that do not hold their peace?

I believe, with the different time zones represented on this site, the whole globe, or nearly all of it, is covered.

That means we have the watchmen, who do not hold their peace day or night.

I don't believe the Lord Jesus Christ shed His blood on Calvary in vain.

If God's people wanted holiness, they would be seeking after it, and after God, Who is holiness itself.

The empty pursuits we are now following after, the entertainment and worldly things we enjoy would all seem so godless, once we see the face of God, once God comes down, which is what we say we want.

Let us bring glory to God. He is worthy and He is looking for it.

Thanks for a tremendous post.

God bless.

2007/2/7 9:39Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

The true servant of God needs holiness. I feel your anguish and there are times I fear things will not change. But they have- for me and for my family. David Wilkerson's message, "A Call to Anguish" broke my heart as I was reminded how frivilous the people of the church have become. In Amos God said to Seek Good and Hate Evil. The problem is that many look for good but don't hate evil. How can people hate evil if they take the very ideas that God calls evil and uses them in and for their entertainment?
I have been doing a series on Amos in my church and have been so torn at how closely the church of America resembles Israel of Amos' day. We, like Amos, need to preach holiness to those we come in contact with and need to intercede on behalf of the church and on behalf of this nation.
God Help us!!! God give us a desire to be cleansed. God make our hearts pant after your word and your holiness as the deer panteth for the water. Change our hearts. Help us to see as you see and help us to have the love and mercy for others that you have bestowed upon us.

In His service,
Preacheraflame

2007/2/7 17:04Profile
Dan777

Re:

Holiness!

What does holiness entail? For thing obedience. We need to obey the Word of God. The Word tells us to put on the new man which is created in righteousness and true holiness. Eph 4:24. In your new man you are righteous and holy right now!

I get so upset when people talk holiness, and quote the old testament. I don't discount the old testament, but we are children of the new. Jesus is the end of the law of righteousness to all them that believe in Him. Rom 10:4

We are supposed to be rejoicing in Him, (Phi 3:1, 4:4 and Romans 14:17), not walking around with a long face, crying all the time, striving for old testament holiness. You are holy right now! God does not look at the outward appearance, He is not looking at your flesh, He's looking at the new man inside of you, the one created in Christ (true holiness).

If your having problems with your flesh, its because that's where your thoughts are, Romans 8:5. Quit thinking about the flesh and its appetites. You cannot cast the flesh out, but you can deny it, and you deny it by the power of the Holy Spirit, Romans 8:13! Walk (think) according to who you are in the spirit (new man) and you will NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh, Romans 8:4-6.

Renew your mind to who you are in Christ, He is made unto us "Wisdom, Righteousness, Sanctification and Redemption", 1Cor 1:30. We are not to know any man (including ourselves)after the flesh. 2Co 5:16-17 says, "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore IF ANY MAN BE IN CHRIST , HE IS A NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; behold, all things ARE BECOME NEW."

Quit striving for holiness, rest in the finished work of Christ, walk in the spirit and start rejoicing! The fruit of the spirit is love, JOY,.." Gal 5:22

I agree, there's a lot of compromise in the church. I believe the problem is that there are 'salvations' without 'conversions'. Meaning that people are repeating the 'sinners prayer' without the true conviction of the spirit on their hearts. They're just a notch in somebodys belt!

Jesus said there will be tares among the wheat, but these days, I think there might be a little wheat among all them tares! I attended one church, where I doubted that the pastor was truly converted!

I have a hard time finding a church where I can get real fellowship. All the people want to talk about is sports, work, etc,.. I want to talk about Jesus, and fellowship Him!

Its sad, but on a personal level, I know who I am in Christ and rejoice in His finished work!

Dan
:-)

2007/2/10 18:43Profile

Carl, I cry every night nowadays and continue to pray that this first love never fades...

2007/2/11 7:30

Hi Carl,

There has been a steady stream of brethren with a similar cry to yours, which is why many such threads are short. But, we can be encouraged we are not alone in our desire, or, alone in what God is doing with us.

I'm going to reply in a similar thread which was started nearly three years ago, which was recently brought to my attention. The Lord is speaking to me from it. It's called 'The Church needs to wake up and STAND for JESUS!!!!'

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5813&forum=35]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5813&forum=35[/url]

2007/2/11 10:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy