LOOKIN FOR GREAT WORSHIP IN KY

KY
I LOVE WORSHIP

2007/2/6 21:06Profile
John173

Omaha

Re: LOOKIN FOR GREAT WORSHIP IN KY

My dear brother/sister,

I went to a church for many years that had an incredible gift in the area of worship. When circumstances moved us to another community we looked and looked for a church with great worship. We never did find one that came close to our previous experience. Our walk suffered greatly as a result.
We had come to the point where we sought the Lord's presence because of how blessed we felt as a result. When we did not have this in our lives anymore we did not have a deep devotion to the Lord to fall back on. In addition, we had come to depend on Sunday mornings to fill our need for Him. We did not develop the daily discipline of finding Him in private. Please understand that I am only relating my experience as a cautionary note. Ultimately I had to repent of my self centered motives for going to church. It took a long time though to finally come to this realization.

Please check your own heart and motivation. Loving worship can become a substitute to loving our Precious Lord. I know it did for me, my wife, and many others whom I have spoken with regarding this subject.

In His Love

Doug

2007/2/6 21:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
GREAT WORSHIP

I would humbly recommend that you pray and think about what you have posted and said. We need to go to Church to "meet" with God and not to just experience worship that "pleases us." It could be argued if it pleases us then it is not glorifying God as it should.

I would say that "great worship" is worship that has me on my face before God in "awe" of His greatness and holiness. God focused worship and centered worship is biblical worship.

2007/2/6 21:48Profile
John173

Omaha

Re: LOOKIN FOR GREAT WORSHIP IN KY

If you haven't looked into a Calvary Chapel, you may consider attending one (if there is one near you). After many years of frustration with a variety of different churches I have found them to be very balanced. They are not a denomination, as each local body is independant, but the teaching is fairly consistent throughout the country. They probably have decent worship, and the people are bound to truly love the Lord. Overall, today I would rather go to a church with solid teaching and OK worship than one with great worship but questionable teaching.

With warmest regards and as always,

In His Love,

Doug

PS Here is a link to a map showing Calvarys in Kentucky http://maps.calvarychapel.com/map.cfm?ll=38.2092%2C-85.704&z=10

2007/2/6 21:54Profile
all4u

Re:

YOU KNOW I DONT REALLY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT IT BEING ASELF CENTERED REASON TO GO TO CHURCH. I BELIEVEIN THE WORD OF GOD AND I BELIEVE IN RIGHTEOUS LIVING. IF YOU NOTICE IN THE SCRIPTURES GOD LOVES WORSHIP. I CAN POINT MANY DIFERENT ONES OUT IF YOU LIKE.I HAVE BEEN SEEKING A CHURCH WIT GREAT WORSHIP. I HAV FOUND A CHURCH THAT HAS THE BEST WORSHIP I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED ,BUT THERE IS NO GODLY TEACHNG REALLY COMING OUT OF THE PULLPIT.IT MAKES ME NOT EVEN WANT TO GO THERE I HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE THAT I GET FED. THE REAL WORD OF GOD NOT SOME COMPREMISED WATER DOWN WORD. I WISH THOUGH THAT I COULD FIND SOME WORSHIP OTHER THAN MY REGULAR SERVICES I ATTEND. REAL WORSHIP ON YOUR FACE WORSHIP. IT IS RARE.

2007/2/7 16:48Profile
all4u

Re:

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT
WORSHIP IS MISSING IN 9 OUT OF 10 CHURCHES
THE MAJORITY SING SONGS AND HYMNS NOT REAL WORSHIP. I AM SEEKING WORSHIP. RARE WORSHIP. I BELIEVE IN RIGHTEOUS GODLY LIVING. THE CHRISTIAN BODY HAS GOTTEN SO FAR AWAY FROM GODS WORD AND HIS REALITY IT ISNT EVEN FUNNY.GOD SEEKS WORSHIPERS. THE SCRIPTURE TELLS US.I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU REPLYING TO MY POSTING THOUGH. IF YOU NOTICED I HAVE ONLY GOT 4 REPLIES. THE WORSHIP I AM SEEKING IS RARE. I HOPE THAT ALL CHANGES FOR OUR COUNTRIES ONE DAY BUT I BELIEVE THAT WE ARE JUST TO FULL OF SIN FOR IT TO HAPPEN. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK [email protected]
IN CHRISTS LOVE

2007/2/7 16:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy