SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Egalitarian Theology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
JKail

Re:

Quote:
No, I don't hold the Bible as infallible, nor does my Church. It is a vital, spiritual revelation of God and shows the way to salvation, but as an historical document it has many errors.

This is very dangersous Jake...Why do you believe that Jesus is the way to heaven if the Bible has errors? Who knows, maybe they were wrong there too...Do you see where this type of thinking leads...You need to get out of that church. Any church that doesn't hold to the authority of Scripture will have error after error creep into the it...

On the contrary: "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understandind." Yes, God gave us brains and we must use them. But just because the Bible doesn't go along with the thinking of today, doesn't mean that we change it. The Bible judges us, we certainly do not judge the Bible lest we make a mockery of God!!

Quote:
Am I correct in that Paul was never married? The old saying goes, he that doesn't play the game doesn't make the rules.

Well as far as I am concerned the old saying is a bunch of garbage. So i guess if you have never commited adultry you can't say that it is wrong?? Paul's authority to write Scripture came from Almighty God himself. (By the way Peter was married and he wrote the same thing as Paul)

"Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?"
-1 Corinthians 1:20

We cannot rely on the world's wisdom!! Jake, you need to come to a point where you accept the Bible for what it is or reject it as a whole...There is no room for the middle ground...Seek God, pray, ask the tough questions...He will answer them or give you the faith to just believe Him on His word...

Jake Kail

2004/3/4 17:02Profile

Re:

"So i guess if you have never commited adultry you can't say that it is wrong?"

Every last one of us has committed adultry, according to Jesus. Only by Grace are we pardoned.

Choosing to "accept the Bible for what it is or reject it as a whole" is a false choice. The foolish wisdom of the world values money and power. I don't, nor does my church. The foolish wisdom of the world wages war with outward weapons and expects someone to WIN. I say, as does my church, that everyone loses when war is waged. The foolish wisdom of the world says people's worth comes from their looks, their heritage, the color of their skin, their prestige, their earning power, their cars and houses, etc. God has taught me, in part through my church, that these are all inconsequential.

The Bible teaches us that God is love. When you understand this in a way that it enters your life, stays there, and makes itself known on a daily basis, you are walking with Jesus, bearing the cross with Him.

We all stumble, and none are made perfect. Even those who believe in an inerrant Bible, believe every word of it, and submit their lives entirely to God are not saved without special intervention. (Mark 13:20)

In the end, All is left to God. For today we must stumble along as best we can, loving the Lord and loving our neighbors as ourselves.

Jake

2004/3/4 17:53
moreofHim

Re:

I do recall Greg saying that he listened to Theresa Conlon's sermon. Shame on you, Greg! :-D

Just kidding. :-)

I guess all the women on here, including me, have not taught the men on here anything. Maybe when we post, all the men should log off. You don't want to "learn" anything from a woman, do you? ;-)

In Him, Chanin

2004/3/4 18:41Profile
lyndon

Manitoba, Canada

Re:

Being a guy and all I would just like to say that I too have struggled with the idea of women having to submit to men.

This is an overly simplified view of the teaching of my church on this subject from the basis of marriage:
if both are christians then the wife should be subject to her husband, and honestly I cannot think of one example where this is not so. However if the husband is not a christian then the wife is by duty to her children bound to raise them in the fear of the lord and if the husband objects, the wife is bound by a greater covenant (christ) and is not under the autority of her husband. This being said, my church also does not allow divorce or remarriage except in cases of death.

Lyndon

2004/3/4 19:40Profile
moreofHim

Re:

My husband is the head of our home. Though, I am the spiritual leader/teacher in our home. This is just the way it has worked out. Dan is not too in tune with spiritual matters, though he has come a long way since I've been feeding him good "bread and meat". He really has no discernment and he knows this.

He is the "big man"- the head man in charge of all financial things, etc... and I am glad!

I am quite lucky because my husband would do almost anything I ask. I could convince him of anything. So, I willigly give up the right to try to run things my own way and willingly offer my submission to him out of obedience to the Lord. It is not like he expects it or demands it- but i know to do this. It is the example I want to show to my kids.

What is neat is that my husband knows how to make things run smooth in our home by giving up his right to "be right' too. We have found a wonderful balance of respect and giving of ourselves.

He and I know that he gets the final say on things- but then again, my opinion matters to him a great deal so that he makes me think i am getting my way. :-)

About women teachers- the fact is that there have been and are many that are excellent and I believe God has raised them up. If men don't want to hear them- oh, well. I don't know how it is wrong for a man to learn anything from Theresa Conlon or Amy Carmichael, or Madame Guyon, etc...

In Him, Chanin

2004/3/4 20:08Profile
JKail

Re:

Quote:
I could convince him of anything. So, I willigly give up the right to try to run things my own way and willingly offer my submission to him out of obedience to the Lord. It is not like he expects it or demands it- but i know to do this. It is the example I want to show to my kids.

That is a a good example of what submission is. If a husband has to force his wife to "submit" than it is not submission at all. If the husband turns around and abuses this submission than he is living in sin...He is called to love and serve his wife. When done properly by both parties, a beautiful harmony is created...

2004/3/4 21:39Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Please forgive me but this is my oberservation. I believe the women are more on fire than the men on this website, as well as in our local communities.

The men fear the world and not God. That is why this topic even exists. If men loved Christ as He loves His church, the women would not have to step into the gap. His ways would establish His precepts, ordinances, and statues. The family would be right in His ways.

Knowing His ways brings understanding, and salvation.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/3/5 12:31Profile
JKail

Re:

Quote:
The men fear the world and not God. That is why this topic even exists. If men loved Christ as He loves His church, the women would not have to step into the gap. His ways would establish His precepts, ordinances, and statues. The family would be right in His ways.

Jeff,

I have to say Amen to that! Somewhere along the line the church got this idea that men are just supposed to be "nice guys." And thats how Jesus is portrayed so often today. I think i saw this in a book somewhere: "Jesus wasn't crucified for being Mr. Rogers." I am sad to say that we live in a generation of weak Christian men...Its only going to get worse unless the church wakes up. I see these youth group programs that are so silly and watered down, its no wonder we have weak men...it breaks my heart. We are so afraid to just give them Jesus!! We feel like we have to entertain them, but inside they are dying for Jesus!!

Sorry that may have been a little bit of a tangent...

God, raise up a generation of men who fear the Lord!!

In Christ,
Jake Kail

2004/3/5 15:55Profile
nobody

Re:

I have a few comments on that. There are some weak men in the church, but at the same time it is usually women who seek to gain authority rather than begrudgingly accepting it for lack of other options. Part of the curse is that women desire the authority that has been given to men!

16To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you."

She didn't suddenly desire her husband in any new way - their love was perfect in the garden. What was new is the desire to have the authority that was denied her.

I find it interesting that the level of heresy accepted in different denominations is usually proportional to their tolerance of women teaching over men.

Obviously there are more women who are openly emotional about their faith - but these are often the same women that turn around and forsake the faith by following emotion as it ebbs and flows. Men have the teaching role because they are more stable and discerning of the truth.

I agree that we all need to get more serious about the faith, but I don't see your distinction that women are in better shape at all.

2004/3/5 18:01Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Thank you 'nobody' for that wonderful reply full of kindness and love and respect.

Thanks for the REMINDER that we're cursed.

Luckily the Lord has shown me something called "forebearance".

In Him, Chanin

2004/3/5 18:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy