SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why are you here on SI?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Why are you here on SI?

First i want to tell you why I'm here, after been saved by Jesus Christ from a total rebellion and totally sinful as a man can live on this earth he in his great mercy reached down and saved my unworthy soul from the everlasting hell, after one week being saved...i did not own my own bible yet.... i found this website... Sermon index have been like a river flowing by in the spiritual desert i live in called Sweden, as i see it the standard is the same everywhere...so this Internet site have been such a blessing to me i probably cant understand it fully,God has used this site in my life to make me more humble, more loving against my family children and my wife, it has given me a better prayer life, it has given me so much "knowledge" about spiritual things i don't know where to start, no church Ive ever attended have spoken about truths Ive found thru this site and the speakers and preachers here, also Ive found the forum to be a great blessing for me, where i can ask a question about most things concerning faith and spiritual things,

whit this in mind Ive noticed that recently Ive read some threads, i have to admit i have partaken in some, and i just feel and sense there is sometimes more important to prove others wrong , then to build up the body of Christ, i must say I'm guilty of this, but i don't any longer want to do that, i post articles i find and so on, but many threads spin out of control to some doctrine VS doctrine match, and I'm just wondering if thats why we are here on SI?

i discover why i so like this website, and i get sometimes caught up in some "subjects", you have to forgive my poor English, my vocabulary isn't so great...but recently Ive felt in many threads somethings wrong... people trying so hard to prove how wrong others are and how right one self are.... there is a place for correction, but there must be much wisdom in that, i lack in that area.

i just see the precious gift God has given us in this website, i don't want to "filth" in down anymore.... i want to move on to life life life.....

so i just thought to myself...why are you here?
there are many more reasons...but i want them to be pure and holy reasons...

2007/2/5 16:05Profile
Provost

Re: Why are you here on SI?

I myself joined b/c I saw an awesome assortment of sermons and I wanted to join in people who talked about the sermons and of course just Christ related topics. I dig watching people who are passionate discuss as well.
Awesome and bless you all
Thom

2007/2/5 16:58Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

My story is very much like HmmHmm’s. This site has been a God send to me. I would like to add the following.

I’m new to Christian theology compared to many that post here, and I often post questions concerning various topics.

I sometimes post things I agree with in order to give those with more maturity and discernment an opportunity to point out my errors. I am in search of truth.

Other times I post topics that I’m opposed to for the same reason. Many times my posts are to exalt and on the flip side, I have posted in order to warn.

I have a thirst for all types of Christian knowledge and have learned to respect the opinions of several SI members. Knowledge is all I have wanted to gain; I hope I have not caused too many problems in this endeavor.

I believe theology is very important, especially for those that are called to teach.

I hope I have not created stumbling blocks for my brothers and sisters here at SI.

I just want to say that I may differ in opinion with some, but I love you all very much, and would invite you into my home to worship our God hand in hand.

I ask forgiveness from those I have hurt and or offended.

God bless

TJ

2007/2/5 17:17Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Someone recommended this site to me a while back and I began reading articles. I am more of a reader than a listener.

I have never been involved in a chat room or forum and never thought I would, however after posting on a few threads I was hooked. I love the fact that this forum forces me to dig deeper into what I believe and why. It challenges me with other peoples different perspectives.

All I can say is I love it and want to be very careful to not get involved with vain disputings. It is easy to get caught in it if you aren't watchful.

I think the key for me is, is what I am participating bringing life or death. I choose life.

Thanks for this thread hmmhmm. It is important why we are here. Motive is everything in a place like this. :-)

2007/2/8 23:50Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Why am I here at Sermon Index?

What a wonderful post brother.

Goodness, to go through 'why' would be seemingly repetitive and redundant but ...

I owe the greatest, most heartfelt love for all that goes on here I will never exhaust the vocabulary trying. Greg graciously offered up this 'role' some 3, now approaching 4 years ago. My! That is tremendous in itself. But I was hooked from the moment I did a search out on the www for A.W. Tozer and this treasure was brought before my eyes. More so, it was the very water of life needed after being spun out of control by just so much ... weirdness, dishonesty, frivolous, horrible constructs all supposedly carrying the banner of "Christianity". Little did I know that there were even far worse problems in this man as I began to journey into deeper waters.

Mentioned it elsewhere, but the changes are often daily, sometimes even hourly carrying things away from here, dwelling on them, being convicted and rebuked just as well often greatly encouraged and always in some form or fashion ... amazed, full of wonder, more in love with the Lord in truth and honesty.

The saints that I have met in spirit and truth over the years... Brethren as far away as Ethiopia. All over the world ... truly it is incredible the reach of all this. For all the things I have gained personally, the fellowship here is very much where my heart is, somehow bumbling and stumbling and trying that supposedly 'impossible' task of just having unity amongst so many diverse saints. Have made many, many mistakes along the way and am in need of much forgiveness for these failures, it often can feel like one big constant appeal to forgiveness... [i]For they know not what they do[/i] Just change the 'they' to 'I'. It is with much trepidation that I do these things, a backdrop of ... trembling in a way. I just wish that the Lord would be truly exalted here and often fear that failure is so easily possible.

But I have learned so much ... I could not tell it all. This place is very much like no other, to say that it could or will change your life sounds too ... cliché'. It's just a fact. To go through the resources, the sermons, the incredible articles that are often unearthed and presented here and to absurd these things in real contemplation ... Perhaps that is sometimes the puzzlement, that with all this there can still be those who seem to be 'stuck' or just perhaps overlooking the more penetrating questions. However, even that is very, very tricky. It is where getting into assumptions and character, motivation issues is highly dangerous, toxic. Have seen far too many come in here and begin to reconsider areas, ideas, opinions and become altogether more humble, loving, in the truest sense of those words, towards each other. More helpful, more considerate, more patient. Asking questions is always the best way to go, getting clarifications in the forum ... going [i]through[/i] the process.

Discipleship. Think this is a huge part of all this. Testing all things and being tested in all things. The variety and longevity of some that carry on and contribute here ... Oh saints we are blessed! Besides the written and audible record to boot, how it continues speaking to this very hour.

Exposure would be another. Having absorbed what we have into life itself and in turn placed it back out in it's often organic and written record itself... Before all. Does it not do this very thing? Having your own words starring back at you, this mirror. Recognizing the wrong, the deeper issues of pride and bitterness, the regret and the repentance but also the joys of reconciliation, the edification, the joy's of others, those things too profound to even comment on sometimes.

Prayer. Oh my! Revolutionized would be an understatement. To be frank there are times where it can be sheer agony over some of things that perplex amongst Brethren. You guy's can drive this poor man to the floor more than you know... But praise God for it. Most of the time it is some half startling inner discovery that sends me out broken. The shared prayers, the trials and tribulations of the saints here, the intercession on their behalf ... What prayer [i]is[/i], the praying saints of the past ...

Goodness, I could go on forever ... This introduction of thought already getting too long. It's love, sheer love. There is something very precious and needful that Sermon Index is fulfilling and I thank God for His raising up Greg as a servant to put this all out before the world.

We may need to regress however, back to some of the intentions of why this site exists. Revival seems to be something elusive, it comes and goes in importance and even desire. I do not always have it to be honest a priority as such. Rather strange when all the signs about us scream for it's need.

2007/2/9 0:59Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

I'm here for all the cute grrls... maybe that's why I'm still single.

But seriously, through Keith Green I found out about Leonard Ravenhill, when I got into Leonard Ravenhill I got into this site!

Through this site I found out about two of the men who's teachings have had a great impact on my life: KP Yohannan and Zac Poonen.

2007/2/9 1:02Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

I came across this site while looking for articles from old holiness authors. Then I saw the many sermons by Mr. Ravenhill and Mr. Wilkerson. Then I started seeing Greg's awesome articles and reading others' posts.
I am here because I desire to grow and be fed. I am here because I hope I can be an encouragement to some. I am here, for now, because the Lord led me into this blessed place of brotherly love which I so needed.
Thank you all for being here and for sharing your thoughts and sharing your desire for a holy life which our God says is necessary.
You are appreciated.
In His service,
preacheraflame

2007/2/9 8:01Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I actually remembered how I first found SI, I was doing a search for Roy Hession... I found SI, I thought 'this is cool.' But didn't come back until I started reading Ravenhill.

2007/2/9 10:19Profile

Re:

I am here to represent those who participate in "unprogrammed" worship, which does not depend upon prepared remarks, but rather waits upon the Holy Spirit in the manner proposed by Christ when He said, "wherever two or more of you are gathered in my name, I will be there in the midst of you." Friends (unprogrammed Quakers) participating in this manner of worship rise and speak out of the silence as moved to do so by the convincement of the Holy Spirit.

Prepared sermons and organized religious services are important for advancing the community of Christ (and I appreciate this as being the mission of this website), but I hope that organized religious services and sermons do not hinder recognition of the active presence of the Holy Spirit.

Bub

2007/2/9 13:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy