SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Myles Munroe

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:Crsschk: your comment

Thanks Mike: This needed to be said. I have seen pain come out of this idea that your faith dictates your healing. Weren't Elisha's eye's dimmed in his old age? Little faith I guess.

And again, you said it without casting disrepute directly on Monroe. I have heard him in passing,over the years, but travelled on when the Faith Word ideas arose. I knew a sister who had advanced stages of an aggressive dystrophy, and was losing control of her body by the day.

A FW prophet came in, and prophesied that if her church Fasted for one week, and she would be healed. Well, they did, and she was not healed. She advanced in her awful disease, in a wheel chair, barely able to speak, with full time nurses.

The prophet then blamed her, of course, for not having the faith to Believe. God help him on the day of judgement.

Needless to say, she was devastated, and left her church of many years. I have lost track of her, but I did minister to her, and encouraged her to cry unto the Lord, and trust Jesus, not man.

I tend to avoid anyone associated with this hypocrisy, so it stands to reason that I will not be familiar with them, and there are so many. I have a feeling they are on their way down, and for me it could not happen too soon.

2008/12/21 13:25
hubba

Re: Myles Munroe teachings on the Dominion mandate.

God bless you ,people of GOD,how awesome it is to be able to discuss the things of our God and agree to agree or disagree and still love one another as He first loved us.
I believe that there is a misunderstanding on this teaching by Dr Munroe.
In the book of Genesis God declared to himself"Let us make man in our own image and likeness and LET THEM HAVE DOMINION OVER THE FISH OF THE SEA ,THE BIRDS OF THE AIR AND OVER EVERY LIVIG THING THAT MOVETH UPON THE EARTH.Gen.1:26
Now it is important to note that he said LET THEM (refering to man) and not us (refering to himself).This statement is crucial in understanding the level of authority God gave to his chosen regent on earth.
The word tells us that the earth is the Lord's,therefore he never gave up ownership,however he did give the authority to rule and dominate it to man.This too is important to understand because God will never violate his word.Once it is spoken out of the mouth of God it must come to pass.The bible tells us that he placed his word above his own name,heaven and earth will pass away yet his word shall stand forever.It matters not what happens in the earth after his word is given,it cannot change or alter his word.This is vital to the believer because we know without a shadow of a doubt we can always trust him at his word.
Now,by giving the authoity to man to dominate the earth he removed himself as the number 1 authority on earth as long as his regent ,man was obedient to his word.When Adam disobeyed God he basically comitted treason and abdicated his throne temporarily.
ENTER THE SECOND ADAM,JESUS THE CHRIST.
The entrance of the Son of God signaled the keeping of his word by the Father in sending the qualified answer to the dominion problem created by Adams disobedience.An answer that actually existed before the problem.God was always prepared.After all he is God.
The age old question is what did Jesus bring?The answer to that question lies in another.What did man lose?
If you met up with Adam the day after he sinned you would not have been able to automatically know what he had lost.He didn't lose the fish ,still there ,he didn't lose the animals ,they were still there,didn't lose the earth at all and certaintly did not lose a religion because he never had one.
Adam lost nothing that you could see.
What he lost was the presence of God.The word Eden translated from the original hebrew means presence.The power that gave him his authority.He lost the HOLY SPIRIT.
When Jesus,the second Adam came,he did something interesting.At the end of his minitry on earth he went to the cross.He came to die to restore what was lost.
Now if he had gone to the cross ,died for our sins ,rose again and left ,would that have really helped us.All that would have done was cleanse us for the moment and Satan would have then a cleaned house to habitate.
He had one final act.The most important part of his mission.
The word says he metwith them,his disciples,held each of thier heads and breathed on each of them and said ,receive the Holy Spirit.
This,was the act that restored man's dominion over the earth.This was the resoration of the Kingdom.This was God keeping his word way back in Genesis."Let them have dominion"
It only could have happened thru someone who knew no sin.His blood alone was the only solution.
He is the King of Kings.He called us kings because we were given a domain.A king's domain.A kingdom.
He never gave us authority to dominate one another however,which is why as human beings we always resist being controlled.As sons of God it does not agree with our dna.We were given the ability to control our circumstances and environment in which we live.We may not be able to dictate the event but we were given the ability to control our victory thru it.
Seek ye fist the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things(what you shall eat,drink or wear or where you shall live) will be added unto you.
We must make the furtherance of the Kingdom our first priority and most importantly keep ourselves in right alingment(righteousness)with God and his
laws which will ensure our victory in all things.Remember God does not want us to do anything for him but to make ourselves available,thru obedience, for his plans and to be used by him for his purposes.
To God be all Glory,dominion and power amen.

2009/1/29 11:39Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

hubba, how are you? Welcome to the forums. I would like to respond if I could to some of the things that you shared. Before that, I also wanted to say that it has been customary in the past to introduce ourselves as we come newly to the forums :-)

About this,

"The age old question is what did Jesus bring?The answer to that question lies in another.What did man lose?
If you met up with Adam the day after he sinned you would not have been able to automatically know what he had lost.He didn't lose the fish ,still there ,he didn't lose the animals ,they were still there,didn't lose the earth at all and certaintly did not lose a religion because he never had one.
Adam lost nothing that you could see."

I do think that there were very definite changes to the world that could be seen: one, perhaps, would have been thorns and thistles(Gen 3:18), secondly, for sure, the Cherubims and a flaming sword that turned 'every way' at the entrance to the Garden!(which they were bansihed from(v24) :( , and third, that they were clothed(v21) who had before been naked and unashamed(Gen 2:25).

Also, about this,

"He lost the HOLY SPIRIT."

I'm not sure in what sense you mean this, but it seems somewhat like conjecture hubba? I mean to say it doesn't seem like something that is said in the scripture itself? Yes, it is true that the scripture says that God's presence was there in the garden, but, are you linking this with the giving of the Holy Spirit to the disciples and suggesting that this was(with Adam) and now with the diciples, a grounds for having authority?

Remember too though that the scripture says that the first man [i]is of the earth, earthy, but that the Second Man, [i]is the Lord from heaven[/i]. And also that,

"And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly."

Am making refrence here to 1Co 15:45-50.

And also that we are to put on [i]the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.[/i]

Too, I don't think we are to understand the work of Christ as 'restoring what was lost in Adam'.

But rather that we are new creatures(2 Co 5:17), and belonging to the World to come.

And also, not that we have been given dominion over this earth and world, but that we again looking to the one to come(Heb 2:5,8, 2Ti 2:12)?

Otherwise, why would the Apostle Paul say,

"Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you."

- 1Co 4:8(KJV)

Well, I hope it is alright that I have suggested these things by way of comparison. Please forgive me if I have misunderstood you in anyway. And again, welcome to the forums!

Let me know what you think, ok?

Wish you all grace and peace.

2009/1/29 17:38Profile
irepchrist

Re:

I think Myles munroe is way off on His kingdom theology.

2009/5/27 21:58Profile

Re:

Hey brother i would like to recommend this video on youtube to you, their our 6 parts of it after you waTCH THE FIRST ONE`you can find the next one on the side, you will be surprised and Gods word will lead you down the right track, after you watch this i will give you another sermon by paul washer, watch preach the gospel and compare to the entire word of God, paul washer is an example of someone who has the holy spirit and truthfully preaches the gospel better than anyone i have heard, beware of tbn besides the way of the master, beware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xQp1UolKPU

THE BLIND AND THE DEAD PART 1

2009/5/28 0:56

Re:

here is that paul washer sermon, it is one of my favorites because it is the truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7X24_vOWwU

i will post this itself on another post for everyone else.

2009/5/28 1:01

Re:

I seen so many views on this, but i like to say is why do so many people defend these tv evangelists has not God shown you their lie through their false gospel and prosperity preaching, you want to hear true men of God preach look at paul washer, leonard ravenhill, paris reidhead, john macarthur ray comfort, jay vernon mcgee, these guys and majority on this site preach the true gospel and really teach with the power of the holy spirit.Trust me you our so fast to defend these t.v people because you have been decieved, i was at one time to listening to benny hinn but brothers i can sure you and without being afraid that i am cutting down gods annointed here that their issomething really wrong with them and they do preach a false gospel. What do you want us to continually sit here and let this go on, no i won't.

2009/5/28 12:37
irepchrist

Re:

You do know how false it is on what myles munroe teaches right? He has been man centered since the beginning, ever since I first started listening to him. He doesn't know the depths of God to start trying to tell us that He has the true gospel message. It is very dangerous to tamper with the gospel of Christ. Let him be accursed Paul said in Galations 1. If we are wrong then Paul is wrong because as Paul does talk about the Kingdom of God and the Kingodm of God is OF GREAT IMPORTANCE he[paul] never says gospel of the Kingdom specifically, so is HE WRONG???

Paul never tried to teach that Christ purpose was to give man authority and dominion over the earth again. Show me that scripture. God is the most God centered being in the universe and when He created man nothing changed. He still does everything for his glory. That is God's purpose for creation. So he can magnify His infinite worth. So he can uphold and display His glory for all his redeemed people to see and savor and enjoy forever. God is the gospel meaning the enjoyment of knowing God and seeing His glory is the end all goal of Christ death. He died to bring us to God. Everything that we get in the consumated Kingdom are spring boards to
more white hot worship of God. Paul describes the gospel in 2 corinthians 4 as the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ. The gospel of the Kingdom is meant to display the glory of Jesus Christ who reveals the glory of God in Himself.

God is still doing everything to display His glory all over the earth. The word "Kingdom" in greek, arabic, and hebrew means Kingly rule or reign. So Christ was saying the Reign of God is at hand. The Kingly rule of God is at hand. Guess who that King was who was bringing Gods reign in a more personal and open way, Jesus Christ.

Christ is bringing us into His Kingdom where there is fulness of joy and pleasure forevermore. The Kingdom is not fully consumated yet and we will not enjoy the fullness of it yet. The only way into the Kingdom of God is throught the cross and suffering. Christ didnt died so we dont suffer now. We have to suffer ALOT in this life, acts 14:22 we need to suffer or we wont reign later romans 8:17. Not only that suffering is gift from God to us, philippians 1:29. Also we are to choose to suffer as Paul did to display Christ sufferings in our bodies to all the elect sheep out there colossians 1:24. Something that myles munroe never seems to mention. Paul's life was full of suffering and hardships and sickenss and he said I boast in it and count my life as nothing 2 Corinthins 12:9 and acts 20:24. He didnt live the life myles preaches. Paul even said He rather be with Christ now philippians 1:21-24. WHY? Because the King of kings is the all satisfying treasure we were created to know intimately and worship and fear and glorify. Dying is GAIN for us not because we shouldnt be scared of death though we shouldnt but because we get more of Christ. Christ is the inheritence and we get the joy of being in his Kingdom(Kingly rule and {domain when fully consumated}). So myles may want to get his theology straight.

God is not illegal on earth, what a blasphemer for saying that, He has no fear of the King of kings to say that. Will we dare say that to God when face to face. No we will be on our faces before the Holiness of God. We will see are depravity and see everything we ever got was GRACE not deserved. Get in your bible and read on the sovereignty of God. That does not mean that God can do anything He wants but chooses not to because of so called free will but that He does do everything He wants and nothing stops Him, God is sovereign over ever sin and your maturity and nothing happens outside his ultimate will. Nothing stops Gods purpose. God doesn't violate wills. ARE YOU SERIOUS?? We are totally depraved and it took a miracle work of God for the elect to even be saved, its called new birth. And Gods original plan was not messed up, when adam sinned he fuliflled it because adams sin was all apart of the plan. How do we know this because there was a book of life for the lamb who was slain before the foundations of the world revelations 13:8.

Also for those who love earth and dont live rejoicing in the HOPE OF THE GLORY OF GOD where is revelations 6:11 in your theology because God has a number of martyrs that must be completed before the end comes. So who loves their lives in this life, or who is sold out to say Im going, Im dying for His glory like Jesus told peter he was going to at the end of the gospel of John. Because the way He preaches nobody will hate their life in this life like we are called too...If you love this life there is not way you will go and die for Christ as some are called...

peace and grace

2009/6/23 20:44Profile
MrSandman

Re: Way off any Religious thought I have heard till now

Yes, true that I heard him speaking on a Benny Hinn show.... and didn't read the book for about another year... Yet, when I did....it sure made more sense to me than anything I'd heard all the other 20 years from the pulpit... And I cannot study the bible on my own, thank you very much,and make anything out of it except complete mismash of "self-teaching".... I don't even know how someone even thinks you can just sit in a corner with your bible and get the same exact message as the next guy down the road...because you wanted to "self-learn"....( oh yeah, I should mention that if both of you really trust the Holy Spirit.. yadda, yadda, yadda,... The Spirit is sure to be certain that each of you..get the exact interpretation... Yeah, RIGHT !

We often believe most of the stuff we tell ourselves.. and then we are left scratching our heads wondering why eveyone else see it so differently than we do... Aren't we afterall, praying to the same trinity for guidance.??

Getting back to Dr.Munroe. I had oftened wondered since becoming a new creation in Christ...what the heck was all that talk about the Kingdom.. Jesus kept talking about.?? And no one else seemed to really care...and no one preached it from any pulpit...Like this Dr. Munroe has... Now I have read two books and watched his videos dozens of times... And the message rings loud and clear to me... And the power of what God (in my Opinion) has shown Dr. M.M. has made more sense than 20 years of the other fluff...that "religious" teaching has taught me to look at God thru.

Simply put, if it is the "Wrong Gospel"...thank you , but I would rather find inner peace, and a more healthy outlook on mankind and myself thru the Kingdom Teaching of Christ ( thru the Dr. ) than all the other ridiculousness that up to now have always fallen WAY SHORT of anything that makes sense. I know Paul wrote 75% of New Testament.... But He didn't come down from the Kingdom now did he? Jesus said that when this gospel of the Kingdom is preached....then the end will come.

I don't agree with the shenanigans of Benny Hinn.. and this "close friendship of Dr. M.M. to him..

But the message is something the Dr. Says he learned from the Spirit of God over a 20 year period.... of personal study. So either He is Totally WRONG or He is Definitely onto something worthwhile WITH THIS KINGDOM culture of GOD for all Mankind.

But No one will ever be 100% satisfied. I wonder Why?

2009/8/23 23:27Profile
irepchrist

Re:

You know many people speak on the Kingdom of God. I admit not enough but to say that myles munroe is right on would be an err theologically. He is not the only pastor who preaches the Kingdom of God, who I may add is easily an expression of what a man centered preacher looks like. I know many who preach on it actually. You can read my comment below this one if you would like but fam, Paul never specifically even said the, "I preach the gospel of the Kingdom" and His gospel was given him by Christ himself. And He said the gospel that He preached was the only gospel and those who preach something diffrent will be accursed. galations 1:8-9. I heard and saw myles munroe say God himself spoke to him audibly telling him not to preach the gospel of Christ when that is all the apostle Paul preached, he never specifically said the gospel of the Kingdom once so is He wrong??

Also quick defintion of the Kingdom...
The word kingdom in greek means reign or kingly rule. That is where the King reigns. In that overall sense God reign and rules over everything. Christ wasn't preaching the overall sovereignty of God but His saving reign.

Christ came bring God's saving reign and it came in the Person and work of Jesus Christ. Christ purpose was to redeem all that adam messed up through a cross. To show Christ superiority over the first adam. The mystery of the Kingdom is that Christ came to die for sinners first as a suffering servant on a cross before he came to establish his Kingdom as the conquering King. The Kingdom is here but not yet consumated. We are in the Kingdom of God but are still waiting to inherit its fulness.

Also the only way into the consumated Kingdom where God is our supreme treasure is through many afflictions Paul says Acts 14:22. Myles would never speak on this because he is man centered and turned a glorious topic of the Kingdom into another man centered gospel.

This life is not a call to ease and comfort but to cross bearing and daily dying with fulness of joy because of the supremse worth of Christ to spread the gospel and make disciples in all peoples groups and God has ordained we suffer to present Christ suffering in our sufferings colossians 1:24.

I was almost duped into believing myles munroe but Christ never spoke on giving man dominion. We are called to be servants and suffer for our enemies. Christ told us to store up treasures in heaven matthew 6:20 and Paul told us rejoice in "hope and in our suffering" romans 5:2-5

I mean myles concept of the Kingdom is mainly phyiscal when the gospel of the Kingdom of heaven is mainly spiritual.

Please I plead with you to seek God centered people on the teachings of the Kingdom. All of Christ apostle were killed for the sake of the Kingdom and are now in glory. The only way to the Kingdom is through the cross and suffering. Don't fall prey to dominion theology but follow Christ with your cross and make disciples of all nations with the body of Christ...

peace and grace

Please do a deeper study on the Kingdom and don't fall prey to man centered worldly success and power driven preachers who have no love for the glory of God.

2009/9/8 22:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy