SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does a pastor Forfeit his Posistion When?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Branded4him

Ohio

Does a pastor Forfeit his Posistion When?

The way that I look at it from doing a study in Gods word is. That when a pastors gets a divorce hes lost the qualifications to pastor. What do you all think on this matter. To me it seems they have forfeited such a divine and holy calling. I know of pastors who are still pastoring. To me is seems that their pride and stubborness is unwilling to give up somthing so holy and they lost qaulifications to. I do no doubt Gods forgiveness in the matter but I still think to go on and preach is saying I can take something sacred and do what I want no matter what I do i have Gods forgiveness in the matter.

2007/2/3 13:44Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re: Does a pastor Forfeit his Posistion When?

Christ is the head of the Church. If any matter such as this arises, the Church should pray and consult our Lord. If they truly seek His Will, then Christ will lead them.

We must be careful, however, to make a law apart from Christ. We should not say "in every situation this law applies." The circumstances surrounding the divorce will vary. Why did the pastor divorce? Has he repented? What does Christ say?

In addition, it must be considered that a position of leadership is different. Leaders are held to a higher standard, as established by Paul. How can anyone pastor a church, if he cannot remain faithful to his spouse? If he cannot manage his household, is he fit to manage a church?

In addition, how can any pastor who has divorced shepherd a married couple? How can he preach against divorce, if he has divorced?

Some things to consider...

In Christ with love,
Blake

2007/2/3 14:07Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

The Bible says it's adultery when you remarry, so he shouldn't be pastoring. If he hasn't remarried then maybe he should take a brake for a while and do some really soul searching, but not get totally out of the ministry.

Jordan

2007/2/3 16:30Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:

HomeFree89 wrote:
The Bible says it's adultery when you remarry, so he shouldn't be pastoring. If he hasn't remarried then maybe he should take a brake for a while and do some really soul searching, but not get totally out of the ministry.

Jordan

Here is a great and eye opening article on Divorce and Remarriage. Let me know what you think.

[url=http://www.shepherdserve.org/dmm/dmm_13.htm]Divorce and Remarriage[/url]

in His service

TJ

2007/2/3 16:48Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Let me think and pray about that one for a while.

Jordan

2007/2/3 17:18Profile

Quote:
Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

It's with this in mind that one who is called to be a Pastor must fulfill his role as a Pastor even though his personal life is marred.
He must bear the reproach that he has brought on Christ. Yet his sins are forgiven because he is under the blood. For example, If my son did something very bad that deserves the rod of correction, even when he asks me to forgive him, I still must show that what he has done should not be repeated.
This Pastor (If he truly is a Pastor) will face Gods correction. He may walk on in his pride, but his face will hit the pavement, God will deal with his heart. I have seen this in many people including myself.

It would be better if he moved to another town and start over because he'll only be a hinderance in the minds of those who know all about him.

I know of a Pastor who ran off with his brothers wife. It was devasting to say the least. He sees his error, but doesn't know how to get out of it. He's trapped. His brother is doing the Pastoring and yet, I know that he is not a true Pastor for that Church his brother who has fallen into sin is.

Before anyone judges any matter, consider this, even though we judge the outward, God sees in the inward. There are men who look like they have spotless lives and yet in their inward parts are gross things, things that is a stench in the nostrils of God. But we don't see that.

Proverbs 26:25 When he speaketh eloquently, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.

Another example is Brother Swaggart, I have tremendous amount of respect for him now than I did before. Had he not fallen into sin, he would never have known the power of the holy Spirit in conjunction with the cross and what Jesus accomplished there, for it was after his disgrace that he learned what it meant to be dead with Christ. I have never heard anyone speak on this subject in the depth that he is teaching now. It is finally setting men free. Romans 6,7,and 8 is more real to me than ever before. Praise the LORD.

[url=http://www.jsm.org/]Son Life Radio (than scroll right)[/url]

2007/2/4 13:06
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

TJ,

I disagree with some of the stuff in the article. I think that the only cause for divorce should be because of fornication, but even then they shouldn't remarry.

Thanks for the article it really gave me some food for thought. :-D

Jordan

2007/2/4 13:48Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:

HomeFree89 wrote:
I think that the only cause for divorce should be because of fornication, but even then they shouldn't remarry.
Jordan

We are all entitled to our opinions, but the Bible gives another situation in which divorce is acceptable.

My wife became hostile to me and all things Christian right after I was saved. She demanded a divorce. I was at a loss for what to do. I was a new Christian. I opened the Bible to this scripture.

"And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace" (I Corinthians 7:13-15).

The Word of God says I am no longer under bondage, and I praise God for it.

God Bless

TJ

PS

About the article. Did you just have a difference of opinion, or did you believe it to be un-Biblical?

2007/2/4 14:10Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy