SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Visting Leonard Ravenhill's House?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ilive4only1

Texas

Visting Leonard Ravenhill's House?

I will be going to Lindale, Texas in a few days and a while ago I had read on SI that someone had visted his old homeplace. I would love to do that if I could. Does anyone have any information on how to proceed? Please email me or post here if you do. Thanks for any help. :-)

2007/2/3 1:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Visting Leonard Ravenhill's House?

David Ravenhill who used to live there has moved into another home I believe. So the original house and study of Ravenhill is not there anymore. I was able to see it with all the books and desk still there how Ravenhill had it before. It was quite a moving a special experience to pray on my knees for revival in Tyler and North America from that exact place where many men of God pleaded to God for the same thing.

2007/2/3 2:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
David Ravenhill who used to live there has moved into another home I believe. So the original house and study of Ravenhill is not there anymore. I was able to see it with all the books and desk still there how Ravenhill had it before. It was quite a moving a special experience to pray on my knees for revival in Tyler and North America from that exact place where many men of God pleaded to God for the same thing.

Wow, I can only imagine how amazing that must have been. I recently went to the Henry Ford museum, and was able to see the chair that Abraham Lincoln was sitting in when he was shot, the car the JFK was in when he was assassinated, sat in the same seat as Rosa Parks on the bus, etc. It boggled my mind how much American history those things were a part of.

I can imagine it would have been so much more amazing to see the very place where many much more eternal battles were won! I can only imagine how much history was made or altered in that room at 3:00 in the morning. That humble man probably did more for America than we can ever imagine!

By the way, has anyone else ever read the book "Reese Howells Intercessor?" It was one recommended by Ravenhill. An amazing read. Talk about history being changed through passionate praying!

2007/2/3 2:44
ilive4only1

Texas

Re:

O too bad. I would have loved to have had the experience. :-(

2007/2/3 7:13Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Just remember when you look up at the moon it’s the same one Abraham,
Moses, and Noah looked at. The experience is the same, just a different location.

God bless

TJ

2007/2/3 9:22Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Just remember when you look up at the moon it’s the same one Abraham,
Moses, and Noah looked at. The experience is the same, just a different location.

:-D

2007/2/3 12:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy