SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Am I getting to know the Bible or the God of the Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Here4Him

England

Re: Trembling about "The Word"

Thanks everyone for your replies. I found a lot of it helpful. 'Death to Self', the idea of 'substitutional obedience, rings true to my life, and your right that is just disobedience. Very Challenging, how even good and 'spiritual' things like listening to loads of sermons on here can actually be sin to us because we are not doing the will of God!

Blake, thank you for your advice. Interesting challenge- pretty radical my brother! I am not sure about fasting the Bible for a week. Can't i do all the stuff you say and still read the Bible too!

Quote:
Am I getting to know the bible or the God of the bible? When we read the bible, we should be learning about God. We read the bible to know about God, however, to know God we must commune with Him in Spirit. If any of you wanted to know about me, you could read a book. If any of you wanted to know me, you would need to meet me in person. If you want to meet God in person, you need to be born again and commune with His Spirit.

That is helpful. I think the secret is to still read the Word but then also have those times of communion in Spirit with the Lord Jesus. I experienced that to some degree late last night and it was beautiful, very refreshing to my thirsty soul! All i did was just kneel in His presence, and i din't say anything (or hardly anything), i just knelt and thought on Him, and silently adored Him in my heart, then I felt like i received something of His touch, of His life, in the stillness, and in that moment He became more real to me than in just reading the Bible, and yet sum of the passages i had read in the Bible recently (or already had in my memory) the Holy Spirit used to help me to 'see' and fellowship with Jesus.

This must become the priority of my life. If i happen to over sleep and only have say 15 mins in the morning before i have to leave the house, i think it would be better for me to spend that time in 'communion' with Jesus, receiving from His life, drinking Him in. Don't you agree?

Oh and finally, thank you to Ken for pointing me to the Ed Miller sermons. I listened to the 'Christ is everything' sermon yesterday, and that has helped me a lot, and has been instrumental in my focusing more on the Person of our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ. So thanks brother- it has really blessed me!

Well, bless you all. Above all else, lets always make time to behold the glory of the Lord in the face of Christ Jesus on a spirit to spirit level. I pray that God may always keep us from a dry and academic Christianity. May we come to delight in and know the blessed second Person of the trinity, the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ more and more each day. Anything else in Christianity is not profitable that doesn't help me to know and love Christ more and more. Amen

2007/2/3 15:01Profile
pastorfrin

Re: Trembling about " The Word "

Here4Him,
You are very wise not to feel comfortable about
fasting from the Word. You never seperate yourself from the Word of God to know Him more.
Psalm 119:130 tells us "The entrance of thy words
giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple"
2Tim. 2:15 says " Study to show thyself approved
unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"
Timothy was told by Paul in 2Tim. 3:15-17
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy
scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16.All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works"
Then in 2Tim. 4:1-2 Paul says, "I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ,
who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2.Preach the Word; be
instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine"
How is Timothy to do all these things? You got it, through "The Word"
Never, never ever let someone convince you to
fast from His Word. Those who would give such
advice should put their hand on their mouth and
repent, for they are treading on Holy Ground.

pastorfrin

2007/2/3 20:30Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Quote:
in the stillness, and in that moment He became more real to me

I have never experienced a time where I felt closer to Jesus than when He used me to do His work. When we are completely surrendered unto Christ, so that He may work through us by the pleasure of His good will, then we have truly become one with the Lord.

To truly know God is be completely surrendered to Jesus Christ. This is the only way to know God. There is no other gate by which the sheep may enter. Anyone who tries to enter by any other gate, including scripture, is a thief.

I pray, my brother, you may know this in truth by Christ working in you.

With love,
Blake

2007/2/3 21:25Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I want to know the bible so I can know the god of the bible!!

2007/2/3 21:25Profile
pastorfrin

Re: His Word

Here4Him, Jesus says,
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" John 6:63

pastorfrin

2007/2/3 22:54Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Do these things an entire week without reading your bible. Instead, be controlled by the Spirit. Renew your mind by giving up and letting go of everything you know. Empty yourself, and let Christ fill you. Desire nothing for yourself but only God's Will.

Must agree with pastorfrin, there is no other way to put this than to say that this piece of advice that is quoted above is from the pit of hell. DO NOT TAKE IT!

If there are any doubts would recommend listening to this sermon from Keith Daniel...[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4633]The Word of God[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2007/2/3 23:43Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Dear Here4Him,

quote]
Here4Him wrote:

Quote:
I experienced that to some degree late last night and it was beautiful, very refreshing to my thirsty soul! All i did was just kneel in His presence, and i din't say anything (or hardly anything), i just knelt and thought on Him, and silently adored Him in my heart, then I felt like i received something of His touch, of His life, in the stillness, and in that moment He became more real to me than in just reading the Bible, and yet sum of the passages i had read in the Bible recently (or already had in my memory) the Holy Spirit used to help me to 'see' and fellowship with Jesus.

[size=x-small][color=000099][font=Georgia]As I was reading through this thread some thoughts came to mind. When I got to your second post I was overjoyed to find you had taken my advice! So now that you don't need it here it is!

Wait on the Lord quietly, do not pray in the sense of asking anything of Him, rather, meditate on His goodness and grace and mercy. Humbly offer up a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving. As we worship and adore our Lord and Saviour the Holy Spirit comes o make the manifest presence of God known to us. There is nothing that can compare to this anywhere. It is there we understand why Martha was reproved and Mary honored.

A word of caution. I have been guilty of seeking the experience and not Him. When this happens, the "formula" doesn't work, for God knows our hearts.

There are of course other times when we feel as though we are "doing everything right" and still we don't sense His presence. Sometimes it is simply God testing our faith, other times there is some sin we failed to recognize and confess. Sometimes it is a matter of letting go of some perceived offense and forgiving the offender.

As I mentioned, now that you don't need it, I hope this helps!

In His Love,

Doug

[/font][/color][/size]

2007/2/4 1:19Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Thanks you brothers for your godly advice and counsel. Pastor Frin, and brother Ron I thank you for your concern about me departing from right path in seeking to find it. Brother Doug what you said was helpful, and so i printed it out to remind me in the future.

May the Lord bless you all brothers as together we all, I trust are seeking to know and love the Lord Jesus Christ more. May we continue to encourage each other to seek Christ and to focus on Christ, throught the scriptures and by His Spirit. Lets not get too caught up in debating other doctrines (other than when for Christ's sake we have to defend the truth), but as much as we can lets look to the Lord Jesus Christ. Look and live!

2007/2/5 5:13Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

The greatest problem with the Church in America is that she made the bible equal with Christ, and used her own interpretation to control other men. This is why her womb will be made barren, and her light will go out.

Quote:
this piece of advice that quoted above is from the pit of hell. DO NOT TAKE IT!

You say this, because you are deceived. Are you going to condemn the apostle Paul also, for giving such advice? Paul said scripture was "profitable", not necessary. In Romans 12:1-2, Paul says we will be able to test and approve what God's Will is by offering our bodies as living sacrifices and being transformed by the renewing of our mind. Are we to condemn Paul for such advice?

What man can transform Himself? Only Jesus, who is the true Word of God, can divide soul and spirit. Only Christ can renew the mind of any man.

When scripture speaks of the word, it is speaking about Christ (not scripture). The bible has been greatly misinterpreted because of this. I preach Christ, the true Word of God, and no other.

Quote:
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" John 6:63

Yes indeed, the words that proceeded out of the mouth of Jesus were the very Word of God. However, the bible was not written by Jesus. The bible is a recording of those words. They are not the actual words.

Would you say the audio recording of a music performance (CD) is equal to the actual event (concert)?

The bible is a testimony of Jesus Christ as given by the Holy Spirit through men. It is not Christ Himself.

In John 5:39-40 (NIV), Jesus was quoted as saying "You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life."

Has the Church become so much like the Pharisees that they cannot see the truth? Will she not goto Christ for truth?

The Church in America has become dependent on the bible, claiming to know Christ because of the bible. This is false. No man can know Jesus from reading the bible. We can only know Christ by going to Him, the real and living Christ in Heaven, and by being transformed.

However, this lie has propagated largely because in academia, we think of knowledge as information. To "know" something is to have information about it. However, this is far from true knowledge. True knowledge is intimate. The greek word for "know" is "Ginosko" which was a "Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman." This word was used in Matthew 7:23, where Jesus was quoted as saying, "I never knew you." True knowledge of Christ comes by being controlled by the Holy Spirit. When a person gives themselves to Jesus as a sacrifice, Christ is then free to enter in and transform them. By this, their mind is renewed and they have true knowledge that impacts not only the mind but a person's actions as well.

But the Church has sinned by teaching lies. The Church teaches that a person may know Christ by reading the bible. Christians in America are dependent on the bible. They do not understand the bible, but have turned it into absolute law. They have become like the Pharisees seeking truth apart from God. The bible is not the Word of God. Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Jesus Christ is the truth, and the only way to the Father.

Quote:
Those who would give such
advice should put their hand on their mouth and
repent, for they are treading on Holy Ground.

Are you going to condemn also those who have not had access to a bible? Before the protestant reformation, the common Christian did not have access to the bible. They had to rely heavily on the Spirit.

And what of those in other countries who worship Christ without ever having read a bible? There are active Churches in countries like Madagascar who have yet to have a bible translated into their language? What of them?

I tell Christians to fast their bible, in the name of Jesus Christ, because they have become too dependent on scripture. They rely so heavily on external knowledge and laws that they have lost touch with the Spirit and do not know Jesus in truth. In such a case, the only way to bring them out of the darkness of their own mind is to fast the bible and seek the truth of Christ.

But you would prefer that they remain in slavery to their own understanding of the bible. The only way anyone can truly understand scripture is by Jesus Christ opening the mind of a person (Luke 24:25). But if that person is not sacrificing everything to Christ, He cannot do this.

Instead, many in the Church has become a slave to their own interpretation of the bible. She has given the bible all authority and made it the Word of God. Instead of worshiping Christ, she worships the bible. She uses the bible to leverage power and authority. Preachers use the bible to leverage their own selfish teachings. This will not last. Do you think God will allow this harlot to remain in His kingdom?

Christ will remove the light from those Churches who do not worship God in truth. Her womb will become barren. She will not produce any fruit.

Beware of your sin. Be transformed by Christ and follow Him. Obeying the bible will not make a person clean, or will it lead to eternal life. Only true knowledge of Jesus Christ will produce fruit worthy of eternal life.

I pray for everyone who is willing to listen, that they may hear.

In the name of Christ,
Blake

2007/2/5 10:27Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Psa 119:49 ZAYIN: Remember the Word to Your servant, on which You have caused me to hope.

Psa 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction; for Your Word has given me life.

Psa 119:57 CHETH: You are my portion, O Jehovah; I have said that I would keep Your Words.

Psa 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray; but now I have kept Your Word.

Psa 119:74 They who fear You will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in Your Word

Psa 119:81 KAPH: My soul faints for Your salvation; I hope in Your Word.

i know whitout the bible i would be way wrong in several issues.... the bibel is the word of God to me, its a lamp unto my feet, and whitout the light i would walk in darkness.....

2007/2/5 11:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy