Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : world

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

world

To night we prayed, that our church would see our worldly ways. I ask that we would have a heart that hates our sins. I am sad. The superbowl is coming soon. I wonder if it really honor's Christ? It only has a little sin in it right? It has just a few things that dishonor Christ. All this talk of us not walking with the world, and loving the things of this world. And yet it would be unheard of for many to give this game up. Do we really love this false joy, more then the joy that is in Christ? I am sad. Our brother's and sister's will sit and watch this game, for some hours. They will laugh at things that God hates. There is no weeping over our sins, no we love them way to much. It would be my hearts delight to have a prayer meeting on that day. The world offers so much fasle joy, the tragedy is we believe it. If we hate the sins in our lives, then let us weep. And let it turn into action to flee from it. To many say they love God, and yet they live, act, talk, dress like the world. Yum is it because we love the world more then God?
I do pray our church wants God. And people who are not praying, then maybe they don't want to be with God.

our power is in prayer.

2007/2/2 0:18Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: world

pray pray pray...the darker the world is, the brighter his glory shines...

2007/2/2 3:14Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Quote:

awakenwithin wrote:
It would be my hearts delight to have a prayer meeting on that day.

Amen....
I hope I die to all that the world entices me with. Thank God I'm not who I used to be, but there's much more "dying" to do. Lord help me. I am pathetic and foolish... Help me to cast off every chain I have let the world grip me with. Without You I can do nothing. I desire to be "spot and blemish" free. For how can Christ Jesus shine forth through me when the shadows of the world abound within? Oh, how I desire a fresh purging, a fresh annointing.
Thankyou for posting friend, and welcome to this blessed site. The Lord bless you.
An undeserving brother,
richie

2007/2/2 4:04Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

There is so much of the world within many Christian, some more than most, but not all.

If we desired God like we desired the world we would be fantastic!

Sad analogy I know, but true.

I'm not aquainted with the superbowl, living in England, but soccer is this nations god.

A day of prayer when the superbowl is going on should be the standard of every church in America, however, is it?

It's good to hear your yearning for God, if that goes, get worried.

Can I draw your attention the devotional titled
Blessed are the poor in spirit -brooks.

I printed it out, I see it as a challenge.

It speaks concerning humility.

God bless.

2007/2/2 5:49Profile
Peacecraft

USA

Yes, it is such a tragedy in America.

2007/2/2 20:58Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

the super bowl in coming on Sunday.
I going to send out a email to ask the guys if they will want to come. Only God can help them see prayer is far better then the game. It is sad we have such worthless gods.

2007/2/2 21:11Profile
Peacecraft

USA

Re:

is that this sunday?

2007/2/2 21:19Profile
fromtheold

South Africa

Re:

Its just sad. very sad. It reminds me of rugby season in south africa. Churches are empty while a bunch of men with short pants grabbing each other chasing after a piece of leather fight and toil as if it was something wonderful.

I am sorry if that sounds rude or anything. Just the way i see it.

2007/2/3 1:45Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

football

you are right it is very sad. When people love this world more then God. My heart is very sad too. There was two us today and we prayed, it was a good time.

2007/2/4 22:20Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy