SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Scripture on how to speak and talk as a Christian

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Scripture on how to speak and talk as a Christian

i need some help dear saints, yesterday i visited a friends house for some bible study and prayer, there was many people there, since my friends wife have a ministry for people whit mental "problems" or decides, the discussion can get out of hand sometimes, but there was an elder there to and he said because we got into the subject Of spiritual warfare, and then into demons and evil spirits, and this elder said to me we should not speak of this subject in that matter we did, i can agree i felt some thing in my spirit since all we did was complain and speak about the "bad" things, in not so many words Christ wasn't to "exalted" but what my real question is how should we speak about such things according to scripture? i don't know exactly what is the right way , but I'm quite sure how it happened yesterday wasn't quite right.

2007/1/31 17:01Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Scripture on how to speak and talk as a Christian

i could use some guidance dear saints... What does the bible say about Christians talking about evil forces, are we called to "fight" against them? should we talk about them? what is a correct way to handle this matter in? what does scripture say....

2007/2/2 3:48Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

I can only assume that the elder was concerned for the people who were there that have mental problems. Maybe their minds could not take the conversation.

However, as Christians, there is no reason not to talk about spiritual warfare, demons and evil spirits.

Eph 6 tells us that we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

Also, 2 Cor 10 says the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, and so on.

The word of God speaks about these things, so we can, we need to.

Still, we are to be careful to whom we speak with on the matter.

Some do not have the prayer life, the love for the word of God, and the habit of fasting to be of any real effect for the kingdom of God.

So speaking with them about demons etc would be of no value.

They need to be edified through God's word, especially the Psalms.

It's not so much the subject, it's who you speak with that matters.

Hope someone else can offer more help.

God bless.

2007/2/2 5:32Profile
Tears_of_joy

Brother, check this message, it deals with the questions you have mentioned:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=9367&commentView=itemComments]Protection from the power of Satan[/url] by Keith Daniel

2007/2/2 6:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy