SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just my sense of humour!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Just my sense of humour!

I glanced across at the 'who is online' section and read the statement...

[color=0000ff]DIEDTOSELF 40 seconds ago[/color]

It's nice to have that kind of precise testimony, I suppose! :-D

2007/1/31 14:23Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Just my sense of humour!

Quote:
DIEDTOSELF 40 seconds ago

Paul said "I die daily" don't think think this is getting abit extreme now "every 40 seconds" :-P

2007/1/31 14:30Profile
DIEDTOSELF

Minnesota

Re:

Pretty neat isn't it? Aye!

2007/1/31 16:30Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:

It is!

However I think you must be must be backsliding just a bit (from the time Ron read it first) because when I looked down it said DIEDTOSELF 4 minutes ago... ;-)

2007/1/31 18:36Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Quote:

philologos wrote:
I glanced across at the 'who is online' section and read the statement...

[color=0000ff]DIEDTOSELF 40 seconds ago[/color]

It's nice to have that kind of precise testimony, I suppose! :-D

trust Ron to find that and post it :-P

2007/1/31 22:54Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:

Compton wrote:
Quote:

It is!

However I think you must be must be backsliding just a bit (from the time Ron read it first) because when I looked down it said DIEDTOSELF 4 minutes ago... ;-)

and then bro mike pulled this one :-P too funny

2007/1/31 22:55Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: another chuckle!

Another incident had me chuckling today. I have been reading a book called [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_adv_b/?search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=&author=&select-author=field-author-like&title=&select-title=field-title&subject=&select-subject=field-subject&field-publisher=&field-isbn=0387952896&node=&field-binding=&field-age=&field-language=&field-dateop=before&field-datemod=0&field-dateyear=2009&chooser-sort=rank%21%2Bsalesrank&mysubmitbutton1.x=0&mysubmitbutton1.y=0]Rare Earth[/url] It was a gift from a friend who ‘understands these things’. This is my second reading, my science is stretched to breaking point. The writers are not Christian but they are examining just how likely it is that ‘life’ exists on other planets; the answer is ‘not very’. They explain the ‘big bang’ and how all the atoms in the universe arrived immediately! and then go on to explain how different elements may have arrived. It is when I got to the ‘biogenic elements’ that they had me laughing. I quote… The arrival of the ‘biogenic elements’ on Earth is a matter of considerable speculation, but it is [b]likely[/b] that most of them came from the outer regions. In the coldest outer regions of the nebula, water and nitrogen and carbon compounds [b]could[/b] condense to form solids. Presolar interstellar solids carrying the light elements were also preserved in this region. Although most of these materials stayed in the outer solar system, some would [b]ultimately[/b] have reached Earth by scattering. When they passed near an outer planet, their orbits about the sun [b]could[/b] have been significantly altered, [b]sometimes[/b] sending them toward the sun, where they [b]might[/b] collide with terrestrial planets. Such gravitational effects from encounters with planets [b]can[/b] cause asteroidal and cometary debris, rich in light elements, to assume earth-impacting orbits. This ‘cross-talk’ [u]caused[/u] some degree of mixing between different feeding zones and provided a means of bringing the building blocks of life to what might otherwise have been a lifeless planet lacking in many biogenic elements because it formed too close to the sun.Did you notice how all those “likely”, “could”, "ultimately", “might” and “can” words suddenly morphed into “This ‘cross-talk [u]caused[/u] some degree of mixing…” and from there on there nothing stopping the theory actually working. From the vaguest speculations to a solid foundation in a single paragraph.

It’s going to be difficult to take the rest of the book seriously after this.

BTW this [b]is[/b] an interesting book for any whose science is better than mine.

2007/2/2 12:32Profile

Quote:

LOL... thats great!

Kinda reminds me of a church sign I saw once that said:

[b]4 Day Revival![/b]

I thought to myself "Wonder what happens on the 5th day?? Go back to the bar?"

Krispy

2007/2/2 12:39
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
It’s going to be difficult to take the rest of the book seriously after this.

One question I often pose to those who can come up with these sort of outrageous speculations. Where did the 'life' come from? Say I have a 200lb and 10 ounce man who was just frozen suddenly solid. He is 'dead'. Yet I have all the chemicals and components that serve as the building blocks of life. I have not lost a single ounce in the death process. We thaw the man out and have a perfectly good human being. All except for one thing... [i]life[/i]. How can we put the 'life' in this machine? So no matter if all the components came together at once and made a perfectly good human being- they still have to answer where the 'life' comes from.

2007/2/2 14:32Profile

Re: DIEDTOSELF????

sermonindex wrote:

Quote:

Paul said "I die daily" don't think think this is getting abit extreme now "every 40 seconds" :-P
Quote:

[b]HAHAHA
This could be the start of a good theological discussion thread. But as its a humerous one, just a brief comment perhaps... I suppose "dying to self" should in practice be constant - or as frequent as needs to be.

I think it was Watchman Nee who said, "When God's will crosses mine, and I choose God's" ...that is the operation of the Cross in my life, the same thing, I think, as "death to self" in everyday practical terms.

I take comfort in the thought that even Jesus didn't find that easy. And HE gives us the power to say with Him, "Father, not my will...

I'm glad the Lord has a sense of humour though,as sort of "spoonful of sugar" to make the spiritual "castor oil" more palatable

Jeannette[/b]

2007/2/2 14:57

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy