SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The End of England

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
JGB321

The End of England

With new laws now being introduced to allow homosexual and lesbian couples, the right to adopt children and then yesterday, with the Government now permitting Manchester to be the first major UK city to enjoy unlimited gaming rights, the End of England is fast upon us.

When a nation deviates from the will and purpose of God, all out apostasy and wickedness will only increase and increase.

The following article, although written some months ago, nonetheless is right up to date, when concerning just how bad the voice of Christianity is in the UK!

http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com/articles.php?PageURL=The%20End%20of%20England.htm

2007/1/31 3:46Profile

Re: The End of England

ask yourself this question: what western english speaking nation has opposed the State of Israel more vociferously than the UK?

and there your answer lays.

neil

2007/1/31 8:43
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
ask yourself this question: what western english speaking nation has opposed the State of Israel more vociferously than the UK?

and there your answer lays.

I am not sure what the question was but I strongly disagree with the answer. I am an Englishman but totally unpatriotic, so I write as a reader of history and of the Bible when I say this is a foolish and unscriptural attitude.

I have great sympathy for the Israelis although I don't identify that nation state with the people of the ancient promises. I admire their industry, tenacity and commitment to the citizens. I have walked through Auschwitz and Madenik and I ache for what has happened to this group of people, but to interpret history along the single line of 'how we treated the Jews' is foolish.

All nations and empires will come and go, except the one. Their coming and going is not determined by their foreign policy towards a middle eastern nation state.

2007/1/31 9:16Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: The End of England

Read the article and also Great Britain has fallen.

It brought tears to my eyes, it really did.

You said you feel pessimistic about the future of Britian. With good reason, I might add.

I expect to see God's judgment on this nation before I see revival.

I pray for revival, I know God can do it, I don't know if He will.

Why should He spare us when we have spat in His face? Metaphorically speaking, but in a sense we have.

I do hope God can forgive us.

The book of Daniel tells us about Daniel's prayers for himself and the nation of Israel when the 70 years of exile were almost over.

We've been exiled from God by our own doing, by deliberately palming off His word and writing our own laws.

Well, what you sow you reap, and when man sets up his own laws in defiance of God's laws, expect hell on earth.

I can see it.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic, but all I can say is pray.

God bless.

2007/1/31 9:32Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
I have great sympathy for the Israelis although I don't identify that nation state with the people of the ancient promises.

I agree.

If I understand correctly, the promises made to Abraham were to him and his Seed. Seed being singular not plural (not to Seeds). The Seed is Christ.

Since Christians are in Christ, we are sons of God and Abraham's offspring and heirs according to the promise. (Gal. 3)

I get an uneasy feeling when I hear someone quote Genesis 12:3 speaking of the modern Jewish state:
"I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

This was spoken to Abraham and his Seed (Christ).

2007/1/31 9:39Profile

Ron Bailey

Quote:
I am not sure what the question was but I strongly disagree with the answer.

I knew you would, and I also knew that you would resort to such statements as this:

Quote:
I am an Englishman but totally unpatriotic, so I write as a reader of history and of the Bible when I say this is a foolish and unscriptural attitude.

It's what I expect from a pendantic Englishman. I'm reader of history also, and I seem to recall that Great britain expelled the Jews in the dim past, and in the recent past has had a decidely pro-arabist lobby.

Unscriptural?

okay, how about this:

"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you, I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you".

Genesis 12:3

and if you think I'm quoting out of context, go on either side of this passage.

Now my country America might be sliding towards apostasy,with our wealth and arrogance of empire but you guys over there are in deep trouble, empty neglected churches, deep dark covens of witches,wiccans, satanic worship, and I love the UK, deeply, but one can feel the evil in a place like the areas around Dartmoor, etc.

just say it Ron, you've said it before, "I'm not anti-Jewish, I'm not anti-semitic, I'm anti-Zionist".

How do you think this, as you so unwisely term it, tiny "middle eastern nation state" has survived for almost 60 years in the midst of enemies thristing for their blood, survived?

thru their "tenacity and industry"?, thru American largese?

no.

Yahweh.

and He doesnt care one whit whether you identify "that nation state with the people of ancient promises".

These self-termed "ancient promises" that you reference underline to me, that underneath it all, that all your great knowledge and all your great learning, is of the letter, and not the Spirit.

His Covenenant is irrevocable......and pray God one day He reveal that to you.

2007/1/31 10:29

JaySaved

I smell "replacement theology", and if you think that the Church has replaced Israel, then I suggest that give the Epistle to the Romans, specifically chapters 9-11 a hard long read on your knees.

that is all this Israelite who is a follower of Jesus is going to say to both you and Ron Bailey about Israel.

2007/1/31 10:36
taco

Re:

Quote:
I am an Englishman but totally unpatriotic

hey, So would I be if I were English 8-)

Seriously though, I give a hearty amen to your post. righteousness will exalt any nation and sin be a reproach to the same. But the only one to stand eternaly is the the one of which it is said:

Quote:
the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never by destroyed, and his kingdom shall not be delivered up to another people: and it shall break in pieces, and shall consume all these kingdoms: and itself shall stand for ever.

2007/1/31 12:40Profile
Rahman

WE FALL DOWN, BUT WE CAN GET UP ...

i read history too ... love it ... and i have to say i find Europe's the scariest after their supposed conversion to Christianity ... It's seems almost unfathomable to me how, alledgedly in the name/faith of Jesus Christ, whether Catholic and Protestant, so many horrible things were done, particularly by the ruling class, and social and business elite ... i mean how in the world, by the Book, could the Crusades ever have been justified, and then later particularly from Henry VIII's less than sanctified reasoning for converting to Protestantism, things seem to have went from bad to worse ... That's why i posted this thread ...

[b]CHRISTIANITY: Abused for Power, Personal Purpose & Prosperity ...[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14398&forum=35#111139

As a descendant of Ham i can share in bro Neil's obvious pain to what English (European & American) history may cause him ... Not saying this of bro Neil post, but i can tell you that before Christ i disdained ALL white people, the English in particular, the slave holding American founding fathers that came out of them, and all the subsequent European immigrants that came after, for black folks scarred legacy of slavery and societal ostracism ... But after Christ i eventually learned to put all that behind me, and dwell in and on a peace/freedom that surpasses all earthly understanding ... Our battle, tho still played out amongst visible men, is not one of flesh and blood, but of far more sinister powers behind the scenes, and i try to keep in mind that all the evil transpired is abled because of what Adam did in ceeding his authority to satan, and what God allows and/or institutes toward the culmination of His divine plan ...

i know for this Christian, one once blindly captive and highly reactive to a painful racial past, that scripture which says "Whom the Son has set free - is free indeed", sums it all up to where He's brought me now ... Now when the devil comes at me with one of his own, to bait me to past reactions of a painful past, Holy Ghost gives me the interlude of peace i need, so that He can reply thru me in a way pleasing to Christ ... i'm not saying i'm perfect everytime, but it's been a long time since i've had to repent for open expletives (tho i've sometimes had to for the ones i've thought) ...

i agree with bro Neil's assessment of "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you, I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you" as still being in tact ... Won't debate about it with anyone else who does'nt, or with anyone who believes in "Replacement Theology" ... Been there, done that, and it always seem to end where it started, no one convinced otherwise ... But i do want to comment on this statement by bro Neil ...

"Now my country America might be sliding towards apostasy,with our wealth and arrogance of empire but you guys over there are in deep trouble, empty neglected churches, deep dark covens of witches,wiccans, satanic worship, and I love the UK, deeply, but one can feel the evil in a place like the areas around Dartmoor, etc."

In listening to the history of REVIVAL, i believe it was bro Orr who said that if a nation misses two consecutive periods of REVIVAL it spins out into serious spiritual oblivion, implying what has happened to Britain ... i know in my praying to God i ask Him if that's what's wrong there, if He'd please not let this happen to America ... i know we're in serious trouble spiritually already, as well i know any saint excusing the obvious is definitely a part of the problem, but i refuse to believe that He'll not hear and answer those praying against the gourds ...

i've not been to Britain, but i know saints who have been there and they report the same thing, that there's something of a spiritual gloom hanging over it ... i've read statistics about its spiritual decline, and had the unpleasant (tho educational) experience of my company being acquired and ruled over by young British management for five years ... Some of the things, aside from their thinking we Yanks were the dumbest dolts on the planet, that stood out was their total disdain for American religiosity, my blatant beliefs in Christ being spoken in the workplace, and that we Yanks wouldn't be as blatantly dishonest in business practice as they required ...

Bro Ron's statement made me think of this ... Tho unsaved, they too were extremly unpatriotic, not casually as so many American youthful, but aggressively so ... They hated Blair, the Royals and anything old, especially people, but they were full of themselves as if they were the crown princes of Japheth - Englishmen - especially when it came to Football ... We got Football fanatics/drunks here too, but not like these dude ... i don't think i've ever met a group of guys so snide, pompous and proud in their ethnicity, and it really got them fighting mad when the guys blew them off as ridiculous ...

Now were owned by a Canadian company ...

i found this article from the same site to be equally as telling ...

[b]GREAT BRITAIN HAS FALLEN! [/b]
http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com/index.php?PageURL=decline.htm

[b]Pray for your country saints, where ever it is that God's placed you! ... We all know that just because we've fallen, don't mean that we can't get back up ... 1 John 1: 9 works for an individual, or a nation of individuals, repenting before Him ...[/b]

Blessings in Christ Jesus ... :-D

2007/1/31 17:11Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Bartle? Neil? neilgin?

Quote:
These self-termed "ancient promises" that you reference underline to me, that underneath it all, that all your great knowledge and all your great learning, is of the letter, and not the Spirit.

Neil,
Are you the Neil Giuntoli (neilgin) who was removed from the site for your intemperate posts?

2007/1/31 19:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy