SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Living Waters And GNN no longer together

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Hydrated

Re:

Wow! This is really heating up. Doesn't look like it's getting any better for GNN. I think if Ray suggested Darrel resign (as Darrel claims), he should just get on with it and resign. Mr Comfort has tremendous respect and recognition from many well respected church leaders and ministers across all denominational bounds, including MacArthur, Ravenhill, Wilkerson, etc... Darrel Rundus only has what was given him by Ray Comfort to begin with. I think it's a losing battle for Darrel. He is displaying extreme arrogance. Imagine, your pastor puts you in charge of a ministry and later removes you due to growing concerns... But you refuse to resign because "God gave me this ministry". Talk about arrogance.

Good work at pressing the matter Josh.

2007/2/7 0:59Profile

Re:

Hydrated-

You are acting like a kid in high school who stands in the crowd as a fight is about to break out and yells provocative things to egg them on.

I feel very sad to read your comments. Have you been praying for all of the people that this effects or just adding rhetorical fuel to the fire? I would be far more concerned with the fruit shown in your comments on this thread then with GNN or Living Waters. I do not say that harshly but in love.

In Christ - Jim

2007/2/7 9:24
Hydrated

Re:

I guess I am a bit child-like, innocent, simplistic, I see things as they are.

Bless you Jim. And Bless Darrel, and everyone else. But let’s call a spade a spade and have the courage to speak honestly and forthright. It would be quite different if all this was based on rumors, but an official statement has been made. It’s wide open. And it’s not time to pray, it’s time to confront the issues. I’m just letting Josh know that I support what he’s doing.

This is how God responded to Joshua when he decided to pray rather than deal with the sin…

7:10 The LORD said to Joshua, "Stand up! What are you doing down on your face? 11 Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep. They have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen, they have lied, they have put them with their own possessions. 12 That is why the Israelites cannot stand against their enemies; they turn their backs and run because they have been made liable to destruction. I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy whatever among you is devoted to destruction.
13 "Go, consecrate the people. Tell them, 'Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow; for this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: That which is devoted is among you, O Israel. You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove it.

2007/2/7 12:54Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Sadly though, such an attitude has never been rare in the church, nor is it rare today. It's a mindset that is birthed from the spirit of this world. Even many so-called "servant-leaders" still embrace this worldly mindset, but think they have shed it simply because they picked up a phrase at some conference or in some book. A true servant-leader is never in the place to demand anything.

I am wondering if also at times we run the risk of having folk who have no sense of any authority at all. One of the great debates of our times deals with authority in the churches. Should there be an authority? Who is in authority? Who makes the decisions? So in a sense I have been hearing both sides and see quite a contrast.

2007/2/7 14:21Profile

Re:

I have no idea what these two organizations are all about, and I thank God that I don't. To me the letter is no different than any of the protestant denominational churches thats out there. They all say the same thing, "You leave this church and your lost". The Catholic Church says the same thing. As far as I am concerned they are all cults, save Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Matthew 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three [Churches]; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

5,While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, [b][color=CC0000]This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.[/color][/b] (emphasis mine)

Matthew 17:8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save[b][color=FF3300]Jesus only[/color][/b]

2007/2/7 15:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy