Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : THE STREET MEETINGS OF GOD, VOLUME 3

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

THE STREET MEETINGS OF GOD, VOLUME 3

We would very much like to continue sharing some of the many witness encounters that we have experienced over recent years, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because an estimated 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7,000 an hour!

VOLUME 3

Gave one of the coastal town's high street and back streets another visit and did 'door drops,' i.e. tracts through letter boxes and one to one witness where possible. Lizzie my terrier came with me.

In the backstreets I found two young workmen in their mid to late 30s, very interested in the tracts, but could not stop to talk as they were painting windows. I gave them two different tracts (one with good person test) and walked on, but then walked back to give them one of my 'Did You Know' sheets. (This fact sheet is not the same Did You Know as our homepage, which has an abundance of additional information.) I designed a list of around 15 'one liner' typed fascinating facts such as "Did you know that life was the purpose of the universe?" and "Did you know that men have been found dead and alive inside cachalot whales and yet we laugh at Jonah's story?" Another is "Did you know that Jesus preached more on Hell than Heaven?" I try to put them in an orderly fashion, to include prophecies, archaeological evidence and so on - just right for this type of witness - when someone has little time to stop.

My last encounter was with an elderly gentlemen of 82 yrs who queried the tract. His name was Dennis and he was a practising Catholic. Briefly, he said he had never read the Bible and prayed to the Saints and Mary. He said Mary was God's mother. I said Mary was Jesus' mother, nowhere in the Bible does Jesus call Mary mother (He called her woman) and I gave him some scriptural examples. Dennis listened patiently and I said to him lovingly that the Saints and Mary cannot save him. Mary herself said she needed a Saviour and also there's no such place as limbo or purgatory in the Bible. None of it was biblical at all I told him. "If you died tonight Dennis you won't get to Heaven," I said. He gave a tiny chuckle, but I said: "Dennis, this is really serious, the Bible does not say Mary or the Saints can save you or to put your trust in a priest to save you." I gave him two tracts-one on 'good person' and another for a free King James Bible and said: "Ring or write off for a Bible Dennis and get into God's Word for yourself. Start in the NT. Jesus said: 'I am the Way the Truth and the Life and no-one comes to the Father but by Me.'“ I emphasised the last three words. Later, I realised once again, I made the awful mistake of not doing the good person test first….or clearly, not remembering to go to the conscience. I got caught out on his being a Catholic.

To finish off with Dennis, the smile left his face and he said: "Let me read the tracts first before I send for a Bible.”

Let us pray that the scales are taken from Dennis eyes so he can read God's Word, the Truth, before it's too late.

Vivien.

2007/1/30 11:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy