SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : REVIVAL EXPERIENCES: SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT by brother Greg

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi blinx, think this story about Donald Mcphail that I gave the link for is something different than what happened in the barn. If I recall correctly, this is something that happened during a service in the church.

2007/2/18 18:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I agree Yodi. I don't think we can state for sure that people can only be "slain in the spirit" while under conviction just because there are reports of that happening. That doesn't prove that it can't happen in other situations (like, witnessing "a glimpse of the glory of God", or "by reverence and godly fear"). And if I remember right, the reports of the Lewis revival, state that it began with those who were praying for revival entering into a transe, and if I'm not mistaken, falling down. Now, they were the righteous ones. They were praying for revival, surely it was not conviction.

Why could it not be "conviciton?" Modern day Christianity has been so far removed from the apostolic original that messages that speak of strong truth and of sin are not accepted anymore. When was the last time you heard preaching that convicted you as a Christian so much so that you lost sleep? Willie Mullan preaches about this type of preaching that is needed in our modern day:

[b](Haggai) Pointed Powerful Paralysing Preaching[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=14483

2007/2/18 20:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy