SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 3 and one half years ago!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: you are missing the point

PJ...

Excluding my limited amount of advice that I offered, all that you can say from the good advice everyone else gave was that you made an error in typing of one word ('of' the same faith rather than 'up' the same faith)... oh dear.

In your whole message, one word would not have made any difference. The problem is not in grammar, it is in the content. Although, I am not a good English teacher and even a worse grammar teacher, I have been teaching my Korean students one basic principle...

When you are learning a language, do not worry about being perfect, do not worry about memorizing a million words, do not worry about grammar, punctuation, pronounciation, or spelling for that matter. The ONLY thing we as humans should be aware of when we are trying to communicate with others is our HEART (do not get me wrong, everything else is important, but sincerity and a smile can go a long way).

I have been in this country for almost two years, but I cannot speak the language. However, because I try to communicate with my limited ability and with my heart, there has never been a problem understanding each other. We as humans understand one basic need, love.

Thank God that He loved us so much that he created us and that he loved us so much that he gave us Jesus. This love He gave us, we are to share with one another, even when they do not return it.

When you wrote your message, most that read it understood what you were saying and were not concerned about typing mistakes. I am sure most of us do not know you, but by what you wrote, we got a good understanding of where your heart is. You may have a good heart and it is in the right place, but like someone mentioned, the mind is a tricky thing. Do not be tricked, halloween is for pagans. Last year, I was allowing my emotions to run my life and that ran me nowhere very fast, so be careful.

I am sorry that I did not back up my point with scripture as you requested, but I am a new Christian, trying to be the best that I can be. But I also know context plays a major role in understanding anything, which I lack. Although, from my heart to yours, I pray that you will make more corrections than 'up' to 'of', because if it was 'up' to me, we would be all 'of' the same mind, body, and soul. Since, we are not, except in Christ Jesus, we must work together so that we end 'up' on the right side 'of' the coin, tracks, or gate, when all is said and done.

Thank you for your time PJ. I am young, but I know at least what I ought not to do and that is avoid and isolate myself from those that I can either help or that can help me.

God Bless You and Your Wife,
BrianMira

2007/1/30 19:34
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: PJ

Wise councel BrianMira, I second that.

2007/1/30 21:20Profile
PJ

Re: correction made

The correction that was made was a very important correction. It was a large error that could have effected someone's understanding of what I was trying to say.

If I were to have left the error, some might have assumed that I was saying that God did not want me to continue fellowship with those who were not "up to my faith".
Instead of assuming that I meant to say "of" in stead of "up", I felt it was quite possible that some would have thought that I failed to write the word "to" after the miswrote "up". Therefor they would have assumed that I meant to say that God did not want me to continue fellowship with those who were not "up to my faith". If that is what I would have said, then it most certainly would have been haughty and out of line with scripture. I would never break fellowship with those I considered to be of my faith simply because they were not at the same place in their growth as my self, nor does God ask anyone to break fellowship with such a person. But regardless, that is in no way what I meant.

What I meant was that God did not want me to continue in fellowship with those who were not "of" the same faith as myself. This statement is neither haughty, nor is it in anyway out of line with God's word. While God in no way forbids his children from having casual day to day contact with sinners, he does forbid them to contiue deep relationships with those who have clearly rejected him. Our families are not poor ignorant sinners who have never seen God's light. They have had much light, and yet the continue to love the lies that are promoted by the false church. They continue to use the name of God for their own vain, selfish purposes. It was clear that they had every intention of remaining in their blindness, and therefor God made it clear to us that we had to break off this relationship. Though this action draws criticism from popular "Christianity", it does not in any way go against God's word, but in fact it is completely supported and endorsed by it.

2nd Corinthians 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

2nd John 9-11 9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

In addition to this, Matthew 10:34-37 illustrates Christ forknowledge that many relationships would be severed because of him.

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I have come to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
(35) for I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter inlaw against her mother inlaw.
(36)And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
(37)He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

As a family, we still have contact with the outside world (though it is now greatly minimized by the fact that we are new in our town). Our neighbors already know that they can call on us for help, and they have already done so. Neighbor kid's come over to our house and play with my children. We bake them cookies, and show them kindness. God desires his children to show such kindness. But he does not want them yoked in deep relationship's with other who have blanantly rejected him. This idea is completely founden upon popular opinion and has no roots in scripture.

Brian, in you earlier post you ask me to respond and give you any advise that I might have for you. The only advice I can give you at this point is to state once again what I said in my first post.

If you are going to judge, make sure that it is based upon scripure as opposed to your own human logic or popular opinion. You speak with confidence that I am in error, and yet I can find complete support for my actions in the word of God. Can you find such support for your judgements about me? If you can find such support in God's word, then great. But if you can not find support for your judgements in God's word, I hope that you will be able to be honest with yourself and admit that you ideas are shaped by human logic and popular opinion. If your honesty brings you to a place in which you have to admit that your ideas are founded upon popular opinion, they you will have some serious sole searching to do. If Christ is truly your Lord, you will let his every word guide your steps and forsake human logic. If you are unwilling to hold to his every word,and continue to obey man's logic, then for your sake, please be honest with yourself and admit he is not your Lord. I personally believe that it is going to be alot more toreable on judgement day for those who blatantly rejected Jesus, than for those who called him Lord and yet did not obey him.

Brian, may you be wise. May you be honest. There is no point lying to ourselves. Nothing is hid from God, so let's not hide things from ourselves.

Sincerely,

PJ

PS. The only reason I publicly pointed out my typing correction was to make sure that other's understood the discrepancy between Mike's quote and my originaly post. While I realized that it was highly unlikely, I did not want to leave the possibility of someone thinking that Mike somehow intentionally misquoted me. If his quote did not exist, I would have made my correction in silence.

2007/1/30 22:50Profile

Re: I am not wise

PJ...

I cannot debate with you, nor do I want to. I was trying to give advice and although it was without scripture, it was from my heart. I am like a child with my understandings and I believe that is why my advice was said to be wise. Even though I do not believe that I am wise, people do say that, however, I know that I know very little. I have put my childish ways behind me, but continue to be a child in the Word, because I know that my knowledge will never be sufficent enough to proclaim my self as a 'know-it-all'.

You replied with some more words and more scriptures, but to me you sound like you are defending meaningless points to your point. I tried to read your original post again, but it started to make me sad, so I stopped. From the first few sentences, I read,"spiritual hunger...desperate for sermons and companionship...out of place nobody...wanting a tight circle of friends...and can't any longer hope for the 'church'". I had to stop around there, because I was beginning to feel depressed.

There is no doubt that you have more knowledge than me, but that does not necessarily make you any more right.

I have one thing that you request, other than that I hope you are happy where you are and that someone will help those that you believe that are lost, because you seem to have given up on them.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE.

PJ, to me you original post sounded like you were making a statement, but were truly not convinced of your position. Hopefully, you understand what I am trying to say. As a Christian, you are my brother and I love you. I would not want your talents and abilities to be wasted. Take the time to listen to the others advice and do not waste your time refuting me, because that is too easy. I am not wise.

God Bless You and Your Wife,
BrianMira

2007/1/31 0:18

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy