SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Classic Comfort

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Classic Comfort

I just recieved my cd of Classic Comfort from Ray Comfort. I am listening to an mp3 entitled Favorites. There are 2 audio bits on here that are very interesting. One is a preacher (cant remember his name) and his voice sounds very rough and in the middle of the sermon,all of a sudden,I guess, a miracle happens and his voice returns.Does anyone know who this person is?
Also, another sermon where, I believe,John MacArthur talks to a lady who has a demon in her and you can hear the demon speaking. Its very scary. Does anyone know if this is John Macarthur and when this took place?

GOD Bless
John

2007/1/29 16:20Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Classic Comfort

Quote:
I believe,John MacArthur talks to a lady who has a demon in her and you can hear the demon speaking. Its very scary. Does anyone know if this is John Macarthur and when this took place?

I would be very surprised if it was "john macarthur" but truly it was sobering to hear of how demons can have such control on people in society. I enjoyed listening to these recordings.

2007/1/29 17:11Profile
jordanamo

I don't know if that is MacArthur or not.. I do know though that MacArthur believes Christians don't have the authority to cast out demons.

"We do not have the power to command the demons--that is a power that belonged to Jesus Christ. There is no one in the Old Testament who ever exhibited that power, not a prophet, not a priest, not anybody. That is not something that is germane to belonging to God--to have command over the kingdom of darkness."

"Chasing demons is pointless--it's pointless. We're not called to evangelize demons. We're not called to bind demons. We're not called to talk to demons. We are told to preach the truth to every one, to give the gospel to men. The real spiritual war is fought when we bring the truth against the ideologies that have been raised up against the knowledge of God, and the truth shatters those ideologies and the walls come down, and we bring those people out and bring them captive to Christ.

So these people who spend all their time fussing around with demons--it's like Shakespeare said, "It's much ado about nothing." OK, that's kind of a short answer, but that book will help you."

Jordan

2007/1/29 17:11Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Quote:
John Macarthur

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That has got be the funniest identification error ever! That is not John MacArthur on that audio, the preachers name is Bob Larson!!

You would probably first see John MacArthur speaking in tongues before you saw him casting out a demon!

2007/1/29 17:24Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

Actually, I did find it funny afterwards because I do have a book from Macarthur om spiritual warfare where he totally goes against all attempts to denounce spirits. I should have known better but to me,the voices sound similar.
GOD Bless
John

2007/1/29 20:54Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

I found this on Wikipedia regarding Bob Larson.

"By the late 1980s, in what would come to define his later ministry, Larson was often heard performing exorcisms of callers on the air, including Glen Benton of the death metal band Deicide, who became a regular caller. The subjects of Satanism and Satanic ritual abuse were frequent topics of discussion. "Talk Back" was also one of the most prank called shows on radio. Groups of telephone pranksters such as the 'Inner Circle' took delight in getting past Larson's call screeners. Some of the telephone pranksters, such as "Ron in Seattle" and "Brother Russell" (who would later release CDs of his calls to Larson), also became regular callers and were occasionally put on the air without using deception"

It seems as if maybe that call that I referred to included in Classic Comfort may be,perhaps, a prank call? I am not saying it is for sure, but after reading this, it makes me think.

2007/1/30 10:33Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Yeah Bob Larson was a fake evangelist, but Ray said that he has dealy alot with demons and it really sounds genuine since he had dealt with them very often. So I don't know...leave it to your discernment.

2007/1/30 11:08Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Quote from a book:

'I will never forget a battle with a demon-possessed girl one night at church. She was in a room kicking, screaming, and throwing furniture
around. When I walked into the room, she said,
"Don't let him in!" But the voice that spoke wasn't her own. My first response was, "Fine, I'm leaving!" But I began to realise that if the demons didn't like me, it was because I was on God's team. In the power of God, several of us spent hours there until she confessed her sin. God, in His grace, purified her. Since that encounter I've never doubted that man's battle is against demons.

Page:45
Book: The Master's Plan for the Church
Author: John MacArthur

2007/2/1 6:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy