Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
searchin

u.s.a. /

Prayer

It all comes back to prayer.....

“…Men ought always to pray,
and not to faint.” (Luke 18:1)

Prayer is the most important thing that we will ever do. We never fail to prioritize the things in our life that hold the greatest importance. For instance; we set our alarm clocks every morning to allow time for our shower, breakfast and work schedule. Throughout the day we plan for our mealtime even entertainment and shopping. We need to make prayer our number one priority. If you don’t make time to pray you will not find time to prayer.
When we pray we are communicating with the God of all Creation. A lack of communication is the first sign of a dying relationship. Just as plants cannot survive without the nurturing of water and sunlight. Relationships cannot survive without love, affection, and communication. When a husband and wife no longer openly communicate and take the time to talk to one another that marriage will not survive. Love is nurtured through vibrant communication.
Like all living things, whether its plants, animals, even friendships; if neglected it will die. Your relationship with God is no different without an effective, meaningful prayer life your relationship with God will not grow. It’s impossible to know someone unless you spend quality time with that person. Time spent alone with God in the secret closet of prayer and allowing God to speak to us in Prayer and through his word in those quiet times is how we develop our relationship with God. It’s been said, “There is no greater form of worship than prayer.”

Prayer is the method of conception for what God desires to birth in the life of the believer. Everything God does on the earth starts with prayer.
We find in the book of Acts when God purposed to bring the Gospel to the gentiles, Peter was sent to a man named Cornelius. God brought these two men together, through divine persuasion. Acts chapter 10 gives us the entire account of how Cornelius saw in a vision an angel of God. The angel instructed him to send men to a certain City and find a man named Simon Peter. At the same time Peter was given a vision, by God, concerning Cornelius. These two men came together and the Bible says, “as Peter entered into the house of Cornelius, he began to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.” Acts 10:44 says, “while Peter yet spoke these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.”
The Lord moved mightily in the life of Cornelius and the men there were all astonished because on the gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. The power of God not only touched the lives of Cornelius, Peter, and others in this story, but this event helped pave the way for all gentiles from that time until now to take part in the promises of God. Later in Scripture we read of how God called the Apostle Paul to preach the Gospel to the gentiles (Acts 22:21). But notice, before all of this took place we find both Peter and Cornelius in the same place; the place of Prayer.

At the onset of this great move of God
we find two men in Prayer.
Look at Acts 10:2, Cornelius is described in this verse as, “a devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always.” Also in Acts 10:30-31, Cornelius said, “four days ago I was fasting until this hour, and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, and said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.” Peter was in prayer as well. Acts 10:9 says, “on the marrow…. Peter went upon the housetop to pray…”
God could use these men because they knew the importance of a consistent prayer life. Peter certainly knew this as well as anyone could. He was, of course, one of the twelve disciples of Jesus. The disciples followed Christ and walked with him, they heard his teachings, saw his miracles and witnessed first hand the compassion that the Son of God had on everyone he met. Luke 11:1 says, “And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray…” They didn’t say, “Lord teach us to preach, or teach us to heal the sick.” They knew that the ministry Jesus had on earth was a direct result of the relationship he had with his father in heaven, and that relationship was sustained through prayer.
They saw the many times Jesus would go to a quite place to prayer …Mark 1:35-36 says, “And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. And Simon and they that were with him followed after him.”
The correlation between the ascent that Christ gave to prayer and the authority and effectiveness displayed in his life was infallible.
To be more like Christ we must spend time with him in prayer and in the pages of the Bible. Our passion should be to enter into his presence daily; not to change how we feel but to change who we are.

In Conclusion lets look at some of what the Bible says on the subject of prayer:

Philippians 4:6 says, “Be careful (or anxious) for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God.”
Ephesians 6:18 says, “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the spirit, and watching there unto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.”
In Matthew 7:7-11 Jesus said, “Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for everyone that asketh, recieveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh is shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?” If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your father, which is in heaven, give good things to them that ask him?
1-Thessalonians 5:17, “Pray without ceasing.”
Roy Belt 2007

2007/1/29 8:49Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Pyayer

Good article, must be read twice.

Whilst we know that we should pray, many, will on a daily basis, skip prayer, or leave it until last thing at night, as a side issue.

I find if I don't pray first thing in the morning the opportunity seems to be gone during the day.

Pray without ceasing. For most of us, that is easier said than done. But it is not impossible when we understand what the scripture is saying.

We have more time to pray than we would honestly admit.

How is it in a day and age when we have microwaves, fast food, mod cons, everything we need to do the work for us, we don't have the time to pray?

Or is it the entertainment that consumes our time?

Whatever it is, it is not a good enough excuse to sideline God for more 'important' matters.

Fear God, keep His commandments, for this is man's all.

God bless.

2007/1/29 9:56Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

thanx for the insight...you are right it is too easy to be destroyed by distractions!!!!

2007/1/29 11:58Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This sounds to me like our thoughts are even known to Jesus, the Father and certainly the Holy Spirit that is ours forever and all three are in us. What more do we need to pray without ceasing. He know our every thought all we need to do is know we are with every thought praying to God. We know have the Mind of Christ and His Oneness with the Father was always in everything He did. There were special times when He wanted more intimate Oneness with the Father and went on special trips by Himself just to talk with His Father, but never lost communication with His Father, is not our union with Christ the same and are we not the same with The Mind of Christ in us an it being renewed to His Mind by the Holy Spirit?

2Cr 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Job 42:2 I know that thou canst do every [thing], and [that] no thought can be withholden from thee.

Job 21:27 Behold, I know your thoughts, and the devices [which] ye wrongfully imagine against me.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Mat 9:4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

Luk 5:22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts?

Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

ASK: Jhn 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

We are one with Christ and the Father and the Holy Spirit. Praying without ceasing.

Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/1/30 2:16Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Prayer

Concerning distractions, one that I have been battling with recently is illness.

For the past two weeks, I've had the 'flu, and it has taken it toll both spiritually and physically.

I still get up to pray in the morning, but feel as though I'm talking to myself.

I know that is not true, the word of God says draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Still, you don't plan for an illness, and it won't last.

Just can't wait to get better.

God bless.

2007/1/30 6:17Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

While we do have constant unbroken fellowship with God as believers and we have the mind of Christ, He is our supreme example:

----------------------------------------------

Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

------------------------------------------------

Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mat 14:23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luk 6:12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.

Luk 9:28 And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.

-------------------------------------------------

Luk 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them [to this end], that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Act 10:9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

------------------------------------------------

[color=6600CC]Finally, I want to share a bit of my personal experience. I have been involved in prayer for over 31 years. At the times I have slacked off setting aside time to be with Him I have been ineffectual to impact the world around me for Him. I also lacked zeal compared to the times I dilligently sought intimacy with God. We desparatedly need the secret place to function in this world and we need it to know Him. This is the most important time we will ever spend. Nothing of true value will ever take place outside of being bathed in prayer.[/color]

2007/1/30 8:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy