Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Practical and Spiritual

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
What about God?

That little statement brings so much sorrow to my heart it's unbelievable! :-( I can hear the answer, we meet for the glory of God and to enjoy Him (forever) here and now. (Westminister Shorter Cath.)

2007/1/29 20:12Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
That little statement brings so much sorrow to my heart it's unbelievable!

That wasn't intended as any kind of rebuke. Perhaps it is because I am so word-orientated that I think the way I do but I always think of the 'church' (not the meeting) as the God's house. If I was talking about 'Ron's house' and said "what would you think was its main purpose?" I think you would say "it's where Ron lives and feels at home". I will share my home with my 'family' (saints) and am very happy to invite 'others' (seekers) into my home but what is the main purpose of 'Ron's house'?

and, consequently, what is the main purpose of 'God's house'?

2007/1/30 3:46Profile
Provost

Re:

The way I would view God is that if His truths are not being taught and if He is not being worshipped in Spirit...the saints will not be edified.

2007/1/30 10:47Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
That wasn't intended as any kind of rebuke

I didn't recieve your comment as a rebuke. I guess for just a moment I saw what Jesus saw in the church of Laodicea and I was struck with such great sorrow over the churches I've seen who have left God out and don't have anynotion of letting Him back in, that's all. Besides---Faithful are the wounds of a friend, God Bless Bro. Daryl

2007/1/30 19:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy