SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HOW TO BE FREE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

HOW TO BE FREE

HOW TO BE FREE

The way suggested is to pray, "Lord Jesus, I believe that You are able and willing to deliver me from all the care and unrest and sin of my Christian life. You died to set me free, not only in the future, but here and now. I believe that You are stronger than sin and can keep me from yielding to it. Lord, I am going to trust You to keep me. I have tried keeping myself and have failed grievously. I am also helpless. So now I will trust You. I give myself to You. I keep nothing back. ... And now …I AM YOURS.

"I believe that YOU will accept this poor, weak, foolish heart; and that it has been taken possession of by You; and that You have at this moment begun to work in me to will and to do of Your good pleasure. I trust You utterly, I trust You now."

But be careful to remember that surrender is not simply making a promise to God to forsake sin and always to do His will. That would be living under the Law. Surrender is just turning over to God all that we are and have, FOR HIM TO DO WITH US whatever He wishes. Surrendered Christians are often defeated, because they think they can carry out their good resolutions by God's help. No! Just hand yourself over to God, and then trust Christ to do His part. "He is able to keep."

It is not our surrender that gives us the victory. It is not even our faith! It is CHRIST HIMSELF - the Faithful One.

Surrender and trust, and Christ will never fail you.

2007/1/28 17:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy