SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Sinn Fein Accept North of Ireland Policing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Do you honestly not believe in praying for those in authority?

No, I honestly [i]do[/i] believe in praying for those in authority, but not for a particular [i]party[/i] to gain political clout. Here in the United States, I don't pray for the Republican party. I am not so naive to think that God will bring peace through the Republicans or Democrats (and if peace [i]did[/i] come, I would know massive affliction and persecution is on the horizon). Taco, I pray that men may be broken and come to repentance. I don't believe in praying certain political parties into existence as a means through which God can bring people to "preach" to the Roman Catholics (as you alluded to). I believe, rather, in focuing on individuals. I pray for G.W. Bush, and other [i]idividuals[/i] in leadership positions. This is what, I believe, Paul was saying.

Quote:
I'll take it at face value-it means his kingdom is not OF this world. It doesn't originate here, it operates on different principles than the worldly kingdoms operate.

The verse means more than this, Taco, and you know it. It also means our Kingdom is of another world and we are not to meddle or become passionately involved in political, carnal, temporal issues which have no eternal signifigance in [i]this[/i] world. No soldier who enlists for war gets involved with the charms of the civilian life.

In anycase, may the Lord's will be done in Ireland. You said you didn't know who Jesus taught His disciples to pray for. I propose that if we seek the will of God, we will know this answer in the Holy Spirit.

[i]"Thy will be done."[/i]

Many people would have opted to pray against Hitler, but I believe Hitler was God's instrument of chastisement for the Jews, and so to pray against the Third Reich, would, in essence, be tantamount to controverting the will of God. I love the Jews, my best friend is Jewish, and I hate to even admit this - but we can't repudiate history. Can not the same be said for your political/militia factions in Ireland? We need to discover the mind of God, and pray His will.

What do you think?

Brother Paul

p.s. I pray this post be prayerfully considered, especially the statement I made concerning Hitler. It was not posted without caution. If anyone want to express repugnance toward this, I would ask you first to consider listening to some Art Katz (whose both parents are Jewish) sermons that deal with the topic of the holocaust.

2007/1/29 17:25Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
No, I honestly do believe in praying for those in authority, but not for a particular party to gain political clout.

Kindly Read.

I never suggested praying for a particualr party to gain power. I have no great liking for any of them in the North. I am talking about praying for those in power.

Quote:
No, I honestly do believe in praying for those in authority

But you have a problem with me talking about praying for those in authority?

2007/1/29 18:16Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
In anycase, may the Lord's will be done in Ireland.

Is that a prayer. :-o

2007/1/29 18:18Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
But you have a problem with me talking about praying for those in authority?

No, no, no. From reading your [i]fisrt[/i] post, I was under the assumption you were rallying for a certain party to take control. I now see that I was wrong, and take full blame. I read your post wrong. I am sorry, Taco.

It's all good. We are of one mind now.

With love, Brother Paul :-)

2007/1/29 18:22Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Is that a prayer.

Yah, I have been known to pray every once and a awhile. Even for the Lord's will to be done! Imagine that!

:-)

Brother Paul

2007/1/29 18:25Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
It's all good. We are of one mind now.

Good stuff. Fair play to you for taking the time to get to the root of it.

Sorry if I got a bit snipey twoards the end. I was feeling quite frustrated because I really believed you were getting the wrong end of the stick all together.

No hard feelings

Pete.

2007/1/29 18:27Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Sorry if I got a bit snipey twoards the end.

It's okay, brother. We're all in the process of growing. Very tough sometimes to get a lucid point across on this thing and not be misunderstood. And it's easy to get frustrated - I should know! And having a verbose bozo like me read your stuff wrong and issue the challenge doesn't help matters.

Brother Paul

2007/1/29 18:34Profile

Brother Paul

you asked:

re: Hitler and his "chasrisement" of the Jews:

Quote:
What do you think?

I think that Hitler was the unwitting architect of the modern state of Israel, because there was no way WITHOUT 6 million of our people have died at the hands of the demonically driven hitlerite hordes, would the world body the UN even consent to a Jewish state, and even then, the British occupiers had to be slapped about a bit.

2007/1/31 9:43

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy