Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : THE STREET MEETINGS OF GOD, VOLUME 2

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

THE STREET MEETINGS OF GOD, VOLUME 2

We would very much like to continue sharing some of the many witness encounters that we have experienced over recent years, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because an estimated 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7,000 an hour!

VOLUME 2

With a very cold chill and damp weather for January, although nothing like as bad as what the persecuted church have to suffer around the world daily, in places like China and North Korea, we ventured into town today.

We’ve been at the same spot for nearly three years now and are well known (and avoided) in the town. I spotted two groups of Mormons (one group I spoke and wrote about before) but neither stopped or acknowledged us.

It wasn’t long before a stranger came over and smiled. This brother was a former Catholic and was smiling about our ministry (E.C.F.C) and wanted to uplift us in prayer. He took my testimony, shaked my hand and off he went. He told me he was saved and after using a bit of the Law I could tell he was.

We moved on to our second location and spent a little time there, before breaking for a brief coffee break. After this we ventured over to see our Calvinistic friends, who have been faithfully present every Saturday since October. They are a nice bunch of people and most sincere and genuine. However, it wasn’t long before we got onto the TULIP. To abridge a 25 min chat with them, in which got a little heated, although in brotherly love, I told them that their whole system collapses when 2 Pet. 2:1 is exegeted. How so, they said. Well, the text in hand, tells you that Jesus bought those that rejected Him, therefore ruling the 2nd and 3rd part void. And as any honest Calvinist knows, if one point is proven wrong, all must be abandoned. I could see that they hadn’t be challenged with this verse before, nor would they accept my telling them how Calvin had said in his commentary on 1 John 2, how Jesus died for sins of the whole world. One of them stood there and admitted it didn’t look too good for their hypotheses, which is TULIP (please see my article for more background on what I consider to be a heretical system.

I have been praying for their deacon and now for their pastor, in hope for them to one day to come away from this exclusive system, which teaches how God chooses many for Hell before even the world began and some for Heaven.

Just before we packed up, some 4 hours later, I was able to witness to 3 Islamic scholars, who over heard me speaking to the town atheist (see video of him online.) We covered Israel and other things, but I was able to quote the Koran, where it mentions the land of Israel belonging to the Jews (and this is also echoed by Muslim Professor Khaleel Mohammad, who lectures at the San Diego State University in America, when he addressed the second Jerusalem Summit, which is held at the King David Hotel, in the city. He told his audience: "The Holy Land belongs to the Jews and not to the Moslems", his text from the Koran to prove this - (Sura 5:21. Please see our article on Islam for more info.)

I also used the Law to demonstrate how sinful we are and argued strongly for the preservation of the Bible. I told them that if the Bible has been corrupted (as they claimed) than God is no longer God, for He promised to protect His word forever.

One of them said how the Pope wasn’t a sinner and we must all respect our elders. Odd thing to say for a Muslim, I said. Anyhow, this friendly group took our tract and then gave our atheist friend, Bertie, £20 for his troubles.

A good day and God willing many seeds planted.

Please would you pray for all parties mentioned.

2007/1/27 13:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy