SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : I'm new too

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I'm new too

Hi everyone. Came across this site when following a sermon link sent by a friend.

Not too used to forum navigating but ready to have a try.

Perhaps a good description of life so far is "X". An ex believer in Evolution, ex Biology teacher, ex Presbyterian minister (of all things!) Involved in various Christian activities over the years, some of which the Lord brought me out of, and some of those He showed I shouldn't have gone there in the first place!

Currently learning (slowly!)to listen to Him and not do things on impulse that seem to be a good idea at the time. As someone said, "A good idea isn't always a God idea!"

I've been on the Christian road some time (since 1967); but the Lord has only recently dealt with some deep hang-ups.

I think we are often unable or unwilling to "let go" and open certain parts of our lives to Him, which is probably one reason it sometimes takes so long.

So whatever the problem, don't give up, God is on your side and is working on your case :-)

2007/1/25 17:35

Re: I'm new too

Quote:
I think we are often unable or unwilling to "let go" and open certain parts of our lives to Him, which is probably one reason it sometimes takes so long.

Surrender...sometimes God has to take us through a lot to get us there...and keep us there!

Welcome, sister Jeannette! There are a wealth of things to discover on this website. There are so many good and edifying sermons. I highly recommend Keith Daniel (BTW, he has several really good sermons on surrender), Leonard Ravenhill, Paul Washer, Paris Reidhead, David Wilkerson, Gerhard DuToit...and the list goes on. :-)
Also check out [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=429]The Old Paths newsletter.[/url] It is an excellent publication.

Lord bless you!

2007/1/25 17:57
Meriwether

Hi,

I found this site through a sermon link as well. I was like a kid in a candy shop! I was so thrilled to have found a stash of Tozer sermons. It became my regular routine in the evening to listen to a great sermon. It was a long time before I even realized there was a forum at the bottom of the home page!

I've really been blessed and edified by some of the frequent contributers. (Of course, there are a few kooks too.) I hope you are as blessed as I have been by this ministry.

In Him,
C.M.

2007/1/25 21:31Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

So good to hear from you. You can find a rich storehouse of treasure here. Also the encouragement of brothers and sister and the rasping of iron sharpening iron is great too.

God bless and peace unto your house.

2007/1/25 23:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy