Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Cain Update

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Paul Cain Update

I thought in light of recent threads some would be interested to hear this recent Special Bulletin update put out my MorningStar Ministies:

Here it is:

Special Bulletin #1 - 2007 January 24, 2007
An Update on Paul Cain

by Mike Bickle, Rick Joyner and Jack Deere

In light of Paul Cain's recent announcement of restoration to ministry, we have been repeatedly asked for input. First, we rejoice in God's mercy that provides anyone with total forgiveness for any sin that is repented of. However, forgiveness of our sin is not the same as being restored to public ministry. We care much about Paul's life before God and his future ministry. We believe that his future ministry could far surpass his former ministry, if he allows the full restoration process to take place. Paul originally agreed to submit to Larry Alberts and his team in his restoration process. These men are well known and respected by many of Paul's friends in ministry. We strongly urged him not to leave Larry's care and oversight. However, he left Larry's oversight just over a year ago and moved to California to relate to a group of men that we do not know much about. Neither do we know the process that they say that Paul went through. Therefore, we cannot say with confidence that this is a genuine restoration that is according to the principles of God's Word. It will be harmful to Paul and others if he is released prematurely and then relapses into his past failures. As shepherds in the Body of Christ, we would bear great responsibility if another person was hurt by Paul's sin. We ask you to join with us as we continue to ask for the fullness of God's grace in his life and for his future restoration to public ministry.

2007/1/25 11:59Profile

Re: Paul Cain Update

Quote:
we rejoice in God's mercy that provides anyone with total forgiveness for any sin that is repented of.

Yes, absolutely. Amen. This is something that I actually agree with Bickle, Joyner and Deere on. (Imagine that!)

But, according to scripture, Mr. Cain is no longer qualified to be an elder or pastor a church. And I personally believe the same qualification relating to personal character & reputation also apply to evangelists and prophets... if prohpecy still exists today in the manner of which Cain claims to be one.

One would have to ask... why did Cain remove himself from the original process of restoration?

Krispy

2007/1/25 12:14
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
One would have to ask... why did Cain remove himself from the original process of restoration?

I wondered the same thing.

2007/1/25 12:18Profile

Re:

cause it came out that he was a practicing homosexual, and the news that is below is most distressing.

2007/1/25 12:32
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: paul cain update

I'm sure they already knew his sin that is what he was there for.

2007/1/25 12:38Profile

Re:

I trust Mr. Cain has sought the Lord's forgiveness and has repented. If he has, praise the Lord.

But as I said, the attempt to restore him to ministry is futile because he no longer is qualified according to Titus and Timothy (meaning Paul). He can certainly be an effective tool for God in many areas, but not as a "minister".

What is this burning need in some defrocked ministers to get back in the pulpit ASAP? There is no scriptural precidence for that, and if it were me I wouldnt want to show my face in public again. It's strikes me as being an issue of pride more than anything else.

God does not call ministers to sinless perfection, but the infalable inerrant Word of God says that an elder (or pastor) is to be:

- Blameless
- the husband of one wife
- have faithful children who are not accused of riot or unruly
- not selfwilled
- not soon angry
- not given to wine
- no striker
- not given to filthy lucre (greed)
- sober
- just
- holy
- temperate;
- Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
- of good behaviour
- given to hospitality
- apt to teach;
- patient
- not a brawler
- not covetous;
- One that ruleth well his own house
- has his children in subjection with all gravity;
- Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
- [b]must have a good report of them which are without[/b]; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
- be grave
- not doubletongued
- not given to much wine
- Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
- Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

Krispy

2007/1/25 13:19

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy