SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : best KJV bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

best KJV bible?

whitch KJV bible is the best? or witch one do you recomend and why? i want one whit good references...i dont want so many notes and commentarys, i just want a good reference bible,
is there a difference from for example nelson reference and thompson and the others? or is it the same?

i got the stong and vine concordence so i thought id get a good KJV, there are so many preachers now saying that the word "really" translates like this or that , so best thing to chech it out for one self,

2007/1/24 13:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: best KJV bible?

[b]Concord Reference Edition[/b]
http://www.cambridge.org/uk/bibles/kjv/conref.htm

This is the bible that I have used for over 3 years now. They are simply the most durable and well built bibles and will last the longest.

2007/1/24 13:35Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Here is the Bible I use.

http://www.amgpublishers.com/www/docs/129/keyword-kjv/

2007/1/24 13:35Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

It does have some commentary. There is some that I don't agree with. The main reason I like this Bible is that is has a complete strongs dictionary in the back. It also has lexical aids. Only certain "keywords" are included. Also, is shows the tenses of "key" verbs.

Here is what the website says:

System of Study

Key Words in the English Text Identified by James Strong's Numbering System

Codes in the New Testament Text Identify Grammatical Structure of Key Greek Words

Notations Explain the Significance of the Grammatical Codes

Hebrew and Greek Word Studies

Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries

Center-column Reference System
Concordance

2007/1/24 13:38Profile

Re:

I also use the Hebrew/Greek study Bible and love being able to look up the words in Hebrew or Greek right on the spot. Mr. Zodhiates has made a few changes from Archaic English to Modern English; there is a complete listing of changes in the back of the Bible.

For a good reference Bible I think Thompson is pretty good. My dad, brother, and sister have a Thompson Chain Reference and like it.

2007/1/24 13:52
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: best KJV bible?

Hi hmmmhmmm...

I use several varieties of the KJV. My favorites include:

[b]Thompson Chain Reference[/b] - Many good references and study helps are included.

[b]Dake Annotated Reference Bible[/b] - Although I don't agree with EVERYTHING that Finis Dake includes, there is a plethora of information and links available.

[b]Concord Reference Bible[/b] - A simple but well-made Bible.

I also have a nice hardcover version of the Gideon KJV Bible. I purchased it at a garage sale. It is old, but it is remarkably well made. I like the way that it sits on my desk while studying.

I also own a [url=http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Bible-King-James-Version/dp/1565631609/ref=cm_lm_fullview_prod_9/102-3566272-8723367]1611 Edition of the KJV[/url]. The current KJV was finished around 1850, and went through several revisions. This one includes original spelling (along with the mistakes made by the translators). It also includes the original Preface that contains the translators' explanation to the reader. It sits well on the desk, and it is a fascimile version of the original. It is nice to read, even if the words are sometimes spelled differently than today's KJV.

:-)

2007/1/24 14:23Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

My companion over 25 years has been the Cambridge Turquoise 8vo refs, India paper. The [url=http://www.cambridge.org/uk/bibles/kjv/presref.htm]current equivalent[/url] is the same size but apparently with a different font. I LOVE this Bible. Get one that is has a good clear text. Even though young eyes will read tiny script the larger versions are more conducive to contemplation.

For study the Newberry Reference Bible. KJV with marginal notes on significant original languages and with unique method of identifying verb tenses and grammar cases. There are several versions available but if possible go for the version with a single central column text with margins on each side, published by Penfold. The Kregel version is not so comprehensive. There is a picture already on the site [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=175&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]here.[/url] Find the third posting in the thread and click to expand the image.

2007/1/24 14:42Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
For study the Newberry Reference Bible. KJV with marginal notes on significant original languages and with unique method of identifying verb tenses and grammar cases. There are several versions available but if possible go for the version with a single central column text with margins on each side, published by Penfold. The Kregel version is not so comprehensive. There is a picture already on the site here. Find the third posting in the thread and click to expand the image.

That looks interesting to me. Thanks for the suggestion.

2007/1/24 15:16Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well i decided on the Concord reference bible, :)

i dont know is it just me or do anyone else get this feeling of excitement when they are looking for a new bible ? lol

2007/1/24 15:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Which KJV

Quote:
i don't know is it just me or do anyone else get this feeling of excitement when they are looking for a new bible ?

I wasn't really in the market for a new bible but coming across this is causing a bit of excitement ... For you brother!

Beyond that just for a refreshing KJV post on it's own ... You all got me thinking though.

2007/1/24 15:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy