SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : is the government run by satan or god

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jesusperez

is the government run by satan or god

it seems alot of our politicians let us think they are christians and doing gods work, however i find it dificult to believe some of thier practices

2007/1/23 18:01Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: is the government run by satan or god

Very possibly yes... and they wouldn't have authority if God hadn't given it to them... except in the case of democracy; which it very likely shows that the whole of America is satanic because we pick such horrible leadership without fail!

2007/1/23 18:19Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Quote:
they wouldn't have authority if God hadn't given it to them... except in the case of democracy

Which verse of Romans 13 is that?

2007/1/23 18:26Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Quote:
they wouldn't have authority if God hadn't given it to them... except in the case of democracy

Which verse of Romans 13 is that?

Edit: didn't mean to post that twice

2007/1/23 18:27Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Jesus said where he put the authority at: the Father.

Quote:
"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. [b]No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.[/b] This command I received from my Father." John 10:14-18

In the conversation with Pilot, Jesus said where all worldly authority came from: the Father.

Quote:
When Pilate heard this, he was even more afraid, and he went back inside the palace. "Where do you come from?" he asked Jesus, but Jesus gave him no answer. "Do you refuse to speak to me?" Pilate said. [b]"Don't you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?" [/b]

Jesus answered, [b]"You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above.[/b] Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

From then on, Pilate tried to set Jesus free, but the Jews kept shouting, "If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar. Anyone who claims to be a king opposes Caesar." John 19:8-12

This in the past would have been called 'the divine right of kings.' Since all authority is established according to God, that means that we're supposed to respect authority.

But besides being authorized by God, that doesn't mean it isn't under the control of Satan. No one would debate that the actions of Judas or the Pharisees were encouraged by the evil one. Why were these people allowed to act as they did if God was in authority?

Discuss!

2007/1/23 19:10Profile

Make no mistake about who our governing principalities and powers serve:

"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kindoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me Satan: for it is written, THOU SHALT WORSHIP THE LORD THY GOD, AND HIM ONLY SHALT THOU SERVE." (LUKE 4:5-8)

2007/1/23 20:04

Jesus Christ is the LORD over the Earth, Satan is nothing but a pawn.

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Psalms 103:19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Daniel 2:37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

2007/1/23 20:22
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Job 34:24 He shall break in pieces mighty men without number, and set others in their stead.

Job 34:25 Therefore he knoweth their works, and he overturneth [them] in the night, so that they are destroyed.

Job 34:26 He striketh them as wicked men in the open sight of others;

Job 34:27 Because they turned back from him, and would not consider any of his ways:

Job 34:28 So that they cause the cry of the poor to come unto him, and he heareth the cry of the afflicted.

Job 34:29 When he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth [his] face, who then can behold him? whether [it be done] against a nation, or against a man only:

Job 34:30 That the hypocrite reign not, lest the people be ensnared.

The Lord reigns and establishes the rule of men...and most men turn away from Him...so He sets others in their place...

Those who turn away turn to Satan...

In Christ
Jeff

2007/1/24 1:08Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
it seems alot of our politicians let us think they are christians and doing gods work, however i find it dificult to believe some of thier practices

Romans 13:1-7

"1Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience."

Also,

1 Peter 2:13-17

13Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, 14or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. 15For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. 16Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. 17Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor."

Regardless of who our leaders are we are to submit to them even if they are evil. Paul and Peter wrote these words during the reign of evil Roman Emperors.

2007/1/24 9:23Profile
hisremnant

North Central Indiana

Re:

Praise Jesus!!

Quote:
Regardless of who our leaders are we are to submit to them even if they are evil. Paul and Peter wrote these words during the reign of evil Roman Emperors.

Does this include taking the mark?

Hisservant rich

2007/1/24 9:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy