SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What Has God Been Teaching You?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

What Has God Been Teaching You?

How about sharing what the Lord has been teaching us from His Word lately or from other godly sources? This is a good way to sharpen each other. (Pro. 27:17)

Recently He has been teaching me throught the Psalms and Isaiah that I need to trust Him in everything. Isaiah eight really spoke to me it said that we shouldn't fear what others fear, but to fear the Lord. This was a great challenge to me, but also an encouragement.

Praise God for His Word!

In Christ, Jordan

2007/1/23 12:06Profile
fromtheold

South Africa

Re: What Has God Been Teaching You?

What I have been thinking about today:
Jesus said that he who comes to Jesus, He will in no wise cast out.

2007/1/23 13:29Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I have been learning how beautiful and amazing God is, and how pitiful and rotten I am... and that He is mindful of men?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh how darkened my understanding of Him. I hope I will always be learning of Him for all of eternity lest I fall away... Oh how much I need Him; this is obvious.
But I want the desire to desire Him more.... a zealous desire of God being everything to me and in me. Oh how I fall short of this... how foolish I am.
Thankyou for your post brother,
richie

2007/1/23 14:06Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

I have been reading through Joshua, and a few times i've come across occasions where the Israelites failed to completely drive out the inhabitants of the land. It made me wonder, had they completely driven all the inhabitants out as God commanded them, would they have turned their backs on Him as many times as they did? It caused me to realize the importance of forsaking everything that would keep me from Christ. It is a difficult work, but God has promised to go before us and "drive out the inhabitants of the land." The Israelites failed because they were content to dwell with them. May we never be content.

2007/1/23 14:21Profile
ProveAllThin

What a wonderful thread!
The previous posts have been of much encouragement to me, we are not alone!

The Lord has really laid on my heart the sin of unbelief. And according to Hebrews 3:12, this makes my heart an evil heart:

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God."

Along with this the Lord has really been teaching me about true repentance. In the past when I saw a place of sin I would confess it and [u]on my own strength[/u] I would fix it, or atleast try to. I wouldn't truly wait on the Lord and cry out to Him. Rather I would fix myself, living by my faith, not "by the faith of the Son of God" (Galatians 2:20), this lead to a great deal of spiritual pride in my own life. And I just thank the Lord for allowing me to fall.

So now here I am, broken, aware of my utter sinfullness, and inability to fix it. Crying out to our Father. The Lord, in His mercy gave me this verse the other day:
James 5:11
"Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy."

Zac poonen gives a very good teaching on the sin of unbelief, it is only like 12 minutes long.
Check it out:

[url=http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID8173.mp3]Zac Poonen - Unbelief[/url]

Yours in the Lord,
-Trevor

2007/1/23 14:41Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

I stand in awe that God would quicken His Word to our hearts. Thank You Jesus!

Jordan

2007/1/23 16:49Profile
lovegrace

Re:

I think something recent is managing conflict the godly way.

When fights arise what to do. It's great to learn that you don't manage each situation the same because people aren't the same.

2007/1/23 19:15Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy