SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : To all the "Prophets"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 )
PosterThread

Re: To all the Prophets

I started to read the verses below, and felt I should post them here. The words that struck me were 'spare not'.

The [i]ability[/i] to 'spare not' as well as the [i]gumption[/i] to 'spare not' are not given to everyone. I believe this is [i]part[/i] of what it means to have received this particular gift - a gift being an [i]enabling[/i]; all the necessary parts are included in the package, so that the whole thing works properly when put together.

Isaiah 58
1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

{aloud: Heb. with the throat}

2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook [u]not[/u] the ordinance of their God:

they ask of me the ordinances of justice;

they take delight in approaching to God.

3 Wherefore have we fasted, [i]say they[/i], and thou seest not?

[i]Wherefore[/i] have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge?

[color=0000FF][God replies]

[i]Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.[/i][/color]

{labours: or, things wherewith ye grieve others:

Heb. griefs}

2008/2/8 16:13
Spitfire

Re:

Annie, I'm not sure what you meant by all that, but it felt really important. When the words come, will you please share them with me/us? Thanks, Dian.

2008/2/9 13:52Profile

Re:

Hi Sis, I will try but can't too much now, am late for nursing home visitation - but there are some things I can recommend.

Leonard Ravenhill and Watchman's Nee's book [url=http://www.voidspace.org.uk/spiritual/watchman_nee.shtml]"The Body of Christ: A Reality"[/url]

And this that has come to mind -

[i]'They came first for the Communists...
but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews...
but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Unionists...
but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics...
but I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me...and by that time...
there was no-one left to speak up for me.[/i]

- Rev. Martin Niemoller, commenting on events in Germany 1933-1939

And -

[b]"GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD ~ LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU WHICH WAS ALSO IN CHRIST JESUS."[/B]

Sis, I eat one child portion meal a day. Just one meal a day for 5 years, as unto the Lord, for the 'world' and I haven't lost weight - I stay my normal weight. I spend every waking minute WITH Him. Doing nothing other than what HE leads and 'HE' IS FAITHFUL. We can buffet these bodies and have as much of HIM as we choose - or we can entertain ourselves with the things of this world.
Only one life will 'soon' be past - only what's done For Christ will last.
Am I perfect? No - but I cling to Phil 3:7-15 for dear life and Romans 8:28 & 29.

I personally need tons of quiet time - I recommend that to be the only way and fasting and LOVE, FAITH and HOPE.
Putting much more confidence in prayer than what I say to anyone. HE works, not us. Our faith is increased as we stay believing that "He Knows those which are His" and in the end - faith in that will keep you sane.
All we owe anyone is to love them - and no better way than by commiting each other to Him, our Loving Savior, in prayer. Love one another fervently.
I love the Beatitudes. They also keep you sane.
LORD BLESS and maybe can TTYL here!

2008/2/9 14:36
Spitfire

Re: Love, that's it!

Oh Dear Annie! and Dorcas! You guys just said something so loaded! So...IT! It's a mystery. Oh Dear Lord, for the words to tell it! But I'm not sure it can be told. Maybe it has to be intuited.

Ok, I'm gonna ramble right here. Mike where are you, Brother, cause you sometimes understand my ramblings. I'm just gonna cut loose and let my heart run, people, so be patient.

I awoke this morning thinking about that scripture in Ephesians 5:32, [i]"This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church."[/i]

You see, it all started for me about 13 year ago when I left my husband for another man. I had lived in a tumultuous marriage where there was violence and discord for 19 years and I had just come to the end of being able to go on. I met someone I liked better (at the time) and so I went with him (it's much more complicated than that, but my testimony is on SI somewhere). But, let me tell you folks, I went from the frying pan into the fire. That's an old saying, but in my case it translates like this, if I thought it was bad before...I ain't seen nothing yet. I ended up marrying the man I had left my husband for (we had a child together out of wedlock). Oh yeah, folks, this is a hideous tale.

Well, about 6 years into this marriage, I got serious with God, because I was desperate. It happened one bright August afternoon when my alcoholic husband came home drunk and tore the kitchen cabinets off the wall with his bare hands and picked me up by the neck and threatened to kill me. I knew right then that I wasn't going back to church. I knew right then that I didn't know something...something really important about the "mystery of Christ and the church" that I needed to know. I knew I had been in church my whole life and nothing I had learned in church had prepared me for that moment. I knew I needed to know God. That's all I knew. And so...I set out on a quest. The next day, I called my sweet pastor and told him what happened and I told him I was dropping out of church. I had been up all night praying to God...or should I say wailing to God? Me and my children had spent the night at my sister's house and I had just laid in this tiny bed in the attic and sobbed unto the Lord, begging Him to teach me how to do this...this life. I knew it was easy for God. I believe His way is right. So...I knew there was something really important that [i]I[/i] didn't know.

Hey folks, don't leave me now, please, I have something to say, please.

That was in August '04. That's when I found Sermonindex and began listening to sermons by Leonard Ravenhill and A.W. Tozer and Art Katz and Paris Reidhead. God took me apart piece by piece like an old car in his garage. He dismantled my so-called Christianity and when he got all those rusty parts spread out on the floor, there was so much sh-- in there I didn't recognize. I was saying to God, "What's that?" And he would say to me, "I don't know, you tell me?" And I would try to figure out where it came from and whether or not it even belonged in the new thing that God was going to assemble called, "Dian-The Disciple of Jesus Christ".

Oh, Dear Lord, there isn't enough time or space to tell this. Ya'll ain't gonna read all this. I wish I could just stand on a car hood and talk to everyone here at SI today, cause my heart is so full...

God help me! I want to tell you guys what God has been doing in me! So...I realized that yes, my marriages were a disaster, but more than that, I realized that I didn't know God enough to make a difference in that disaster. So...I turned my attention to knowing God. I knew Jesus would not be confounded by my situation. I knew Jesus had the answer, so all I had to do was really know Him.

In Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, he says on the last day of the year, December 31st, "...God is the God of our yesterdays, and He allows the memory of them in order to turn the past into a ministry of spiritual culture for the future..Our yesterdays present irrepairable things to us; it is true that we have lost opportunities which will never return, but God can transform this destructive anxiety into a constructive thoughtfulness for the future. Let the past sleep, but let it sleep on the bosom of Christ. Leave the Irrepairable Past in His hands, and step out into the irresistable Future with Him." And again on May 8th, OC says, "God wants us to venture our all in abandoned confidence in Him...Faith is not a pathetic sentiment, but robust vigorous confidence built on the fact that God is holy love...The real meaning of eternal life is a life that can face anything it has to face without wavering. If we take this view, life becomes one great romance, a glorious opportunity for seeing marvelous things all the time."

Oh! I love that! "The real meaning of eternal life is a life that can face anything it has to face without wavering." That is so good! So I set out to stay in this marrige and make it work, by the grace of God.

I'll try to shorten this in hopes that you will finish reading it. God has been teaching me how to trust him, how to "hold my nerve" in the face of a bloody battle. He has been teaching me how to live by faith, but it all started right after I quit church and started meeting with two other desperate ladies in my home for Bible study. One day, we were reading and we came to this verse, Matthew 16:35, "For whoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." As I meditated on this verse and determined to "lose my life", I realized that this is the crux of the gospel. And over time, I've identified the key tap root in my life that was going to have to be cut and how God was going to cut it. I've realized that everything hinges on me loving my husband, accepting his humanity and failings and loving him in spite of them. So much of my life (I've been married since I was 18) I have felt just...trapped. I have been in these marriages...married to men whose faults stick out like a sore thumb (not that mine don't, mind you), and constantly feeling like I've got to disassociate myself with this person. It must happen several times a day that I think to myself, 'this guy's an idiot', but just last night, as I lay in bed talking to God, I realized that this desire or urge that I have to disassocaite myself from my husband is so ungodly. I realize that I must draw myself unto him in spite of his faults and failings...like Christ does the church. He came to us while we were yet sinners and asked us to marry him. He loves us with a love that has forgiven our...every failure and frailty. What love! Jesus never wishes he could get away from us and disassociate himself from us! What an amazing love! Jesus doesn't sit in our living room (spiritually speaking)thinking how he wishes he were somewhere else. Can you imagine that? Jesus is commited to His church. He totally believes in His church an He totally plans to spend eternity with Her. Oh, My God!

It's the love. The Love. The world will know that we are His disciples when they see how deeply we love one another. How quickly we judge one another and think to ourselves we would better off if this one would just leave. Oh, Lord. Help us!

What does all this have to do with prophets? Prophets have to love. They have to love God and God's people and righteousness and be jealous for the glory of God and if they haven't laid down their lives, lost their life for Christ's sake, they can't be prophets at all because they speak as an expression of the heart of God...and that is such a mystery.

2008/2/10 7:53Profile

Re:

Yeah! :-D

Prophets or not - it's ALL about His Love.

But that why Ravenhill is the BALANCE.

He obviously got angry - but you could feel the love in him Beyond Question and nothing of himself in that anger.

He's more like Paul. Not the "Mush God" as Ravenhill would say - but he knew what "righteous anger" was and he was "right-on" when it boiled up in him.

Then to temper reading him, there's Chip Brogden and Nee and O.C. and whoever else we need in this school of Christ - prophets or not. We're all in the same school and Christ requires the same out of all of us. Super Saints for the Love of JESUS. It's our Love for Him that is feirce as a mother lion, yet so gentle with her cubs. That mix - the balance. Though I've seen momma lions get pretty rough on her cubs too - yet she'd lay her life down for them.

Head for Super Saints [u]for the Love of Jesus[/u] and we won't even need to look at what gift or calling we have been used or are used in - we'll just be "like Him" in this world and nothing shall be impossible to Him [i]through[/i] those who've got their eyes off of themselves and are madly in Love with HIM.

"Desiring the gifts" thread. ;-)

GLAD you got that all out. We need to sometimes - humbling, yet what a blessed 'movement' when it happens.

Bless you DIAN. ALLLLLL His Very Very Best to you.

JESUS LOVES HIS CHILDREN !
:-D

2008/2/10 9:33

Re:

Is this the whole article?

2010/7/8 20:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy