SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : This is a bunch of BLASPHEMY!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: This is a bunch of BLASPHEMY!

Does not the fact that there is a quote from Enoch in the bible give the Book of Enoch some credibility?

Jud 1:14 And to these also Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his holy ones,
Jud 1:15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their works of ungodliness which they have ungodly wrought, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Blessings Greg

2007/1/24 0:33Profile
roadsign

Re: to DREi

Before this thread drifts away into the faroff lands, I would like to squeak in with a word.

Quote:
I apologize for opening this topic with that nasty heading about the blasphemy regarding Rahman. I apologize to Rahman Reuben and to every precious saint on this board as well as the moderators on this board. I apologize. I over-reacted. … So I was wrong in that regard. We can now close this argument.

DREi, To me your heartfelt remorse is like a beam of light in the dark. While reading it I thought about Joseph whose brothers sold him into slavery. True, Joseph acted prematurely in revealing his dreams to his brother. He needed some humbling. But that didn’t absolve the brother’s reaction. But, look how God used that very incident to bring about good – on behalf of those very brothers who caused him harm!!! Is that not the nature of God’s grace?

Your story is not finished yet, although the thread may be: I pray that God will give you an opportunity to be blessed by our brother, Rahman, and to see what God is doing in his life in these days. May good now come to you through him.

Isn't it exciting - that when God works in his children, he doesn’t leave them in the past? He moves them on!

Diane

2007/1/24 8:21Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
why is it then that in the Ethiopian Church and Eastern Churches that these books on which the called is based are canon scripture there? i know God was/is not ignorant of this so is it us who are missing out on something or is it that our brothers in the east are misled?

The Book of Enoch has nothing at all to do with the Genesis character of that name. It dates from the 2nd century before Christ, from the period sometimes known as the Maccabees.

The OT canon of scripture was closed with Malachi some 200 years before the writing of the Book of Enoch. The Jews of Christ's day recognised the same 39 books of the OT as we do. Christ did the same.

the wikipedia article on [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch]The Book of Enoch[/url] will give more details on this piece of fiction. If you start with a fictitious foundation you may be sure that what is built upon it is equally fictitious.

You can also find out more about [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Orthodox_Church]Ethiopian Orthodox Church[/url] on wikipedia.

2007/1/24 15:34Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Ron
thanks for the response bro, i appreciate the links and will investigate them further as our Lord leads

2007/1/24 17:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
suggest you read the warnings in Revelation (22:18 - 19) to people that wish to add or take away from Holy Scripture

Corey I suggest you read that verse yourself, for it's talking about the PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK, the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: Rev22:18

However, it does go without saying that we should not add or take away from any of the other books. But when John was writing these things down, the Angel spoke concerning the prophecy of the book of Revelation.

But regarding your warning, you and like all those who seem to jump at the chance of being critical, I NEVER said anywhere that we should tack more books to the bible, but rather that our experinces and those who are holy today should have their journeys written in a book, and thankfully some of them have.

And Peter Paul and Mary would tell us today if they could speak to us, "Don't look on us as some icon or some super saints, look to Jesus for we are all one in Christ Jesus our LORD".

2007/1/24 23:53

Re: fictitious, eh?

Quote:
the wikipedia article on The Book of Enoch will give more details on this piece of fiction. If you start with a fictitious foundation you may be sure that what is built upon it is equally fictitious.

If this so called book of Enoch is fictitious, why did Jude quote from it as fact?

For this verse of scripture that he quotes is no where in the canon of scriptures.

2007/1/24 23:56

Re:

Quote:
Read whatever you want... you ain't no Paul or David...go your own way, that's O.K., no big deal...Yes, Peter, Paul, and Mary were much more separated to the Lord than we are, does that mean that they were more valuable to our Lord?, I don't know, you decide after you have read again Paul 1cor. 3.

Do you not know who you are in Christ Jesus?

We are all ONE, one with Peter & Paul. You who want to be great, let him become the servant of all.Mark10:44

We say that these men were great, yet they were the lowest of the low. They served the purpose the LORD of what He wanted them to be. Peter fell from grace by respecting the law as his righteousness to which Paul had to come and correct him and set him straight again. Nay, these men are no different than you and I.

Paul had problems in his flesh, the things that he hated he found himself doing. Hey, Paul is no different than me, I have the same problem.

Anyone who has died for the cause of Christ in our day has paid the ultimate sacrifice they are no different than Peter or Paul.

I refuse to make these men of the bible as Icons or some super saint, that they are better than you and I today.

We are all of ONE in Christ Jesus our LORD. The finger does not say, "I don't need the thumb". We all have a function. Paul had his function, Peter his. We are where we are at today because God has made us to be so.

We should all be focused on Jesus Christ and Him crucified and our faith should be exclusively in what He has done on the cross. NOT in our own ability for we are dead and our lives are hid in Christ. When we are living in this manner by faith or rather "By His Faith", we are no different than all the saints of old.

Thats just the way it is.

2007/1/25 0:23

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy