SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : This is a bunch of BLASPHEMY!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
DREi

This is a bunch of BLASPHEMY!

Sorry Rahman Reuben but my spirit which coexists with the Holy Spirit is telling me that you have written a bunch of blasphemy! Jesus even said himself that false prophets like you would arise that TRY TO ADD AND DEDUCT FROM HIS WORD(Bible). You're trying to tell me that some secret books of Enoch were given to you and that God hid those books, give me a break. I have one word for you. REPENT!

2007/1/22 23:23Profile

Re: This is a bunch of BLASPHEMY!

I have a copy of the Anglican deuteronical book, The Apocrypha - which is included between the Old and New Testaments of the Catholic and Anglican Bibles. The reason they aren't included is because some of the early church fathers doubted they were "inspired"... but they included them in the Catholic Bibles because of their value as "Wisdom Literature". I've read the deuteronical books a few times - but they won't save my soul.

The "Book of Enoch" is not this kind of apocrypha.

The apocryphal "Book of Enoch" floating around the internet and bookstores today is a "gnostic" work. "Gnosis" means "knowledge" and the gnostics were a sort of mystery school that claimed true wisdom and real spirituality was passed down secretly through initiation rites.

You can spot (and avoid) gnostic "gospels" easily by recognising their "fish-hook" lie; that Jesus, Moses, Thomas, and even Enoch secretly taught "mysteries" to their "initiates" that the uninitiated, unwashed masses couldn't possibly understand. You know you're involved in a gnostic lie when:

(a) you can't make heads or tails of a supposed parable; WHEREAS JESUS EXPLAINED HIS PARABLES. CHRISTIANS DON'T HIDE LANTERNS UNDER BUSHELS AND NEITHER DID JESUS.

(b) spiritual truths are only available to the elite, wherein divine secrets are told in an ascending system of degrees; GOD IS NO RESPECTOR OF PERSONS AND EVERYONE CAN BE SAVED

(c) overabundance of detail given to things of a spiritual nature (time, space, colour, number, smell, taste, feeling, hearing); THE PROPHETS SAY "WAS LIKE UNTO" AND "HE WHO READETH, LET HIM UNDERSTAND" WHEN DESCRIBING HARD-TO-DESCRIBE SPIRITUAL DETAILS

(d) you are coddled into thinking you're the chosen one (they love telling you you're going to be a messiah); THERE IS ONLY ONE SAVIOR AND TAKING ANY OTHER PATH LEADS TO DAMNATION

(e) someone "discovers" a secret tomb or scroll that "gives God, faith, and the Bible new meaning" or "enhances the Bible's meaning and purpose"; THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY GOD, MY SAVIOR, OR MY BIBLE. IT AIN'T BROKE.

Sorry about the all-caps folks >;')

Theosophists, Anthroposophists, and occultists (occult=hidden) of every stripe use this desception to lure the curious into their web. People read gnostic literatiure out of interest, get confused, walk into a "gnostic bookstore" or a "mason hall" to ask for enlightenment, the fellow he asks tells him about a club that meets once or twice a week... at a lodge, maybe... and he digs deeper and deeper into the "mysteries", and joins this "literary society" or that one... the next thing you know, that "curious cat" ends up in a cesspool of evil.

Hope this helps.

2007/1/23 0:41

Re: Drei...just a suggestion

next time you want to read someone the Holy Ghost riot act, do it as a PM, a private message, I suggest that in meekness and love, neil

(later edit: Drei, I see what you were referencing vis-a-vis your rebuke....sigh...I love my brother Rahman, and I love the creative act of writing, but two words come to mind:

"thin ice"......nuff said)

2007/1/23 9:08

Re:

Yea... I was a little taken aback by this myself. Not even sure what the issue was, but the tone of this response was not necessary.

Krispy

2007/1/23 9:45
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I think explainations on both sides of the issue could allow the situation to be judged righteously.
If someone is spreading heresy and false doctrine maybe the issue should be discussed. Or maybe when someone is spreading heresy and false doctrine it should never be rebuked because someone might get their feelings hurt.
Bottom line for me, where does God lead and what does Scripture say?... but again, what are the forum-discussion policies pertaining to this one?
Everyone has an opinion; although, some should learn to mind their own business.... carrying a cross is too painful for some.
richie

2007/1/23 10:01Profile

Re:

I dont disagree, surely. Heresies need to be pointed out and rebuked. But I think before we use a scatter gun on someone who has a pretty strong reputation on this forum, we should perhaps use a more surgical form of rebuke.

If the Book of Enoch was inspired scripture, and something that God wanted us to have and use as scripture, then He would have made sure that we would have it in our hands... just as He has preserved the rest of His Word to us.

I know some here do not see eye to eye with me on the Doctrine of Preservation, but I believe God preserved His Word entirely.

Thats not to say that the Book of Enoch is a bad writing, or there isnt any truth contained in it... I'm sure there is. But it is not God's Word. If it were, He would have preserved down thru the ages , and it wouldn’t be some “secret” book locked away from God’s people.

God does not keep Himself from those who seek Him.

Anyone who claims the Book of Enoch is the inspired Word of God is wrong. But I don’t think that public flogging is the way to correct a brother who is in error.

Krispy

2007/1/23 10:33
fromtheold

South Africa

Re:

Oh dear

2007/1/23 10:51Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: This is a bunch of BLASPHEMY!

Quote:
Anyone who claims the Book of Enoch is the inspired Word of God is wrong.

and how about someone who claims his own writings are God inspired and that he "...assembled The Called exactly as i heard it, saw it, was led to, and really didn't question much"?

If a person holds this view privately they are entitled to believe what they will, but if a person brings such a belief into the public forum he must be prepared to be challenged, for the public's sake.

2007/1/23 10:55Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I dont disagree, surely. Heresies need to be pointed out and rebuked. But I think before we use a scatter gun on someone who has a pretty strong reputation on this forum, we should perhaps use a more surgical form of rebuke.
But I don’t think that public flogging is the way to correct a brother who is in error.

And I agree with your comment as stated above.
It is God's will that we carry the cross He so desires that we carry. Some may be to turn another cheek, blessing those that curse us, etc. But, again, if any is promoting false doctrine on this website, the recipient of it should contact the moderators asap, as far as I'm concerned. I apologize for not saying this initially.
I am curious, however, of the motives of the initial post and the person discussed therein.
I believe the situation will be judged righteously once the moderators have all the facts.
I should have been more descriptive in the beginning... a problem within I encounter from time to time.
richie

2007/1/23 11:08Profile
grace_2008

Georgia

Re:

The Word of God that we have today is complete. God knows what His real Word is. He's preserved His Word for all these years. No one should add or take away from His Word.

22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Revelation 22:18-19

You see, God knows what He's doing. He finished His Word in the last few scriptures of the last book of the Bible, Revelation. Let the Word answer your questions.
Also, when I first started on this site, a really nice person {enid} helped me out. My first post contained, I think, no scripture. It was simply my opinion. I made a big mistake by doing that. Only post what you can back with God's Word. No one can argue with the Word of Almighty God. It stands true forever.

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Love ya'll in Jesus!

2007/1/23 11:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy