SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Scrolls?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DREi

Scrolls?

Hello Rahman Reuben. I have not read this book yet but I have a question. Where did you obtain these so called "scrolls" from, such as The Book Of The Secrets Of Enoch?"

2007/1/22 22:20Profile

Re: Scrolls?

I have a copy of the Anglican deuteronical book, The Apocrypha - which is included between the Old and New Testaments of the Catholic and Anglican Bibles. The reason they aren't included is because some of the early church fathers doubted they were "inspired"... but they included them in the Catholic Bibles because of their value as "Wisdom Literature". I've read the deuteronical books a few times - but they won't save my soul.

The "Book of Enoch" is not this kind of apocrypha.

The apocryphal "Book of Enoch" floating around the internet and bookstores today is a "gnostic" work. "Gnosis" means "knowledge" and the gnostics were a sort of mystery school that claimed true wisdom and real spirituality was passed down secretly through initiation rites.

You can spot (and avoid) gnostic "gospels" easily by recognising their "fish-hook" lie; that Jesus, Moses, Thomas, and even Enoch secretly taught "mysteries" to their "initiates" that the uninitiated, unwashed masses couldn't possibly understand. You know you're involved in a gnostic lie when:

(a) you can't make heads or tails of a supposed parable; WHEREAS JESUS EXPLAINED HIS PARABLES. CHRISTIANS DON'T HIDE LANTERNS UNDER BUSHELS AND NEITHER DID JESUS.

(b) spiritual truths are only available to the elite, wherein divine secrets are told in an ascending system of degrees; GOD IS NO RESPECTOR OF PERSONS AND EVERYONE CAN BE SAVED

(c) overabundance of detail given to things of a spiritual nature (time, space, colour, number, smell, taste, feeling, hearing); THE PROPHETS SAY "WAS LIKE UNTO" AND "HE WHO READETH, LET HIM UNDERSTAND" WHEN DESCRIBING HARD-TO-DESCRIBE SPIRITUAL DETAILS

(d) you are coddled into thinking you're the chosen one (they love telling you you're going to be a messiah); THERE IS ONLY ONE SAVIOR AND TAKING ANY OTHER PATH LEADS TO DAMNATION

(e) someone "discovers" a secret tomb or scroll that "gives God, faith, and the Bible new meaning" or "enhances the Bible's meaning and purpose"; THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY GOD, MY SAVIOR, OR MY BIBLE. IT AIN'T BROKE.

Sorry about the all-caps folks >;')

Theosophists, Anthroposophists, and occultists (occult=hidden) of every stripe use this desception to lure the curious into their web. People read gnostic literatiure out of interest, get confused, walk into a "gnostic bookstore" or a "mason hall" to ask for enlightenment, the fellow he asks tells him about a club that meets once or twice a week... at a lodge, maybe... and he digs deeper and deeper into the "mysteries", and joins this "literary society" or that one... the next thing you know, that "curious cat" ends up in a cesspool of evil.

Hope this helps.

2007/1/23 0:40

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy