Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : youth question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rich13

Bonaire

youth question

Maybe it is a strange question but a lot of our youth are strugglin with mastrubation is this really a sin ?? (they ask)

2007/1/22 10:48Profile
grace_2008

Georgia

Re: youth question

Yes; I believe it is. It is still fornication any way you look at it. God made sex and the pleasure that is with it to be inside the boundaries of marriage. If you are addicted to this, it can get very serious.
If teens ask this, then they usually feel bad about it, or convicted. Think about it; satan doesn't convict people. The Holy Spirit does. If a person has to ask if it's a sin because they feel guilty about it, it pretty much is. Satan isn't gonna make you feel bad for doing something for your own pleasure. Only God will because He knows it will hurt you. Seek God in this matter.
It hurts God that people do this. However, like anything else, you can be set free from this sin by Jesus. I know. I've been there. God convicted me time and time again, but I kept on doing it. However, I got tired of being depressed and feeling guilty all the time. Then I got into His Word and asked Him to forgive me and set me free. Don't get me wrong, satan still tries to tempt me from time to time, but as long as I keep my mind on good things,and things of God, and in God's Word, I'll be okay. As long as I depend on God, I'll be okay. Just go to God about it. He loves you and wants to help you. However, He can't help those who don't help themselves. You have to put forth the effort.

Phi 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

2Cor 12:21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

1Cor 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1Th 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

2007/1/22 11:44Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

2007/1/22 11:46Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Lust of the flesh

Matthew 9: 13 KJV
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Make sure to take note on whom Our Father has mercy on;
I once was self-righteous and very religious.
Now I realize I am a sinner and am trapped in a sinful male tabernacle like Paul's because it will not do what my willing spirit wills it to do. I see myself now as God sees me, a sinner and then I am willingly to completely rely on God and I have no pinnacle from which to judge others.
The war Christians fight is against the demons of the flesh we allowed to return after Jesus cast them out on that day the gospel and the kingdom came to us. Like Paul we can pray to the Father to remove the thorns in our side. God tries me in the fire of afflictions, I fail and am tried again and again, I am tempered until I overcome. Peace can only come to those that have overcome the demons of the flesh that start kicking you the moment you awoke today wanting their addictions satisfied.
Through Christ we have the victory over death but as God’s children it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
I have the earnest/down payment of the Spirit of Jesus and that is why I live in Hope by faith that I the purchased possession will be redeemed. The spirit of Jesus living in me is the only Hope I have for eternal life because in Him praise be to God I have all three.
Titus: 2 11-15
11. For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13. Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14. Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
15. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.[i]Matthew 9: 13 KJV[/i]

2007/1/22 13:36Profile
ilive4only1

Texas

I am reminded of something that I once read about what Jews believe concerning this very subject.

Genesis 38:9 "And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled [it] on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother."

For this reason Jews say that to spill seed is a wicked thing to do. This includes masterbation!

Why would a person want to masterbate? What would they be thinking? What thoughts are filling their minds at this time. Lust?, probably.

If a boy, girl, man or woman does this, they must come to a point that brings them to physical excitement (I speak as one who is married), to have this rush.

It is better to renew their minds and keep their thoughts pure through study in the scripture, prayer and fasting.

Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Just my two cent worth.
;-)
D

2007/1/22 14:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy