SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Aliens

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Aliens

With all the talk about aliens just about any place you go, I thought you all might be interested in a great book. It's called Alien Intrusion by Gary Bates. I just finished it a couple of weeks ago and it was a great help to me.

He basically thinks that it is demonic activity and deception.

Jordan

2007/1/21 18:31Profile

Re: Aliens

"Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures with his four faces. The appearance os the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the midst of a wheel. When they went, they went on their four sides: and they turned not when they went. As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their eyes were full of eyes round about them four. And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up and over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels...." (EZEK 1:15-21)

2007/1/21 23:09
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Corey

What are you trying to say by posting that Scripture? That they were aliens?

Ezekiel 1:1 says specifically:
[color=00CC99]Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the River Chebar, that the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.[/color]

The rest of the chapter describes what he saw.

I was thinking about this passage just yesterday. I watched a movie when I was younger and the person in it said that passage is where the Bible talks about aliens...I always thought that person was way off.

I could be wrong. :-?

I read a book called 'Aliens in the Bible' I found online. Although I didn't agree with everything the author said, he did have some interesting ideas.

2007/1/23 14:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
What are you trying to say by posting that Scripture? That they were aliens?

Well, each of the creatures had four "faces" that happen to correspond to the cross in the Egyptian, Babylonian zoidiac: leo (lion-fire), man (Aquarius-air), ox (taurus-earth), and eagle (same as scorpio-water). I have no clue what the symbols mean, but I'm sure the Cherubim and Seraphim weren't handing out 7/11 astrological scrolls.

The "living creatures" went when the "wheels" went. Inside the wheels was a "fermament" like "the terrible crystal" - like a canopy. And one "like the Son of Man" sitting on what seems like a sapphire throne, with fire and lightning all around him. On angel of fire that does nothing but go up and down, up and down... like a piston... eyes all around it, like windows...

It's a big universe, God didn't tell us everything, and Occam's Razor states the simplist explaination is usually the right one. But, I don't know for sure - I only see a resemblance, and I'm new to the faith, so don't take my word for it.

Some more quotes that make me wonder whether we aren't the only people Jesus saved...

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also must I bring, and they shall hear my voice, and there shall be one fold, and one shepard." (JOHN 10:16)

"And then shall appear the sign of the of the Son of man in heaven... coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of HEAVEN to the other." (MATT 24:30 emphasis mine)

2007/1/23 19:50
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro CoreyH

Quote:
Well, each of the creatures had four "faces" that happen to correspond to the cross in the Egyptian, Babylonian zoidiac: leo (lion-fire), man (Aquarius-air), ox (taurus-earth), and eagle (same as scorpio-water). I have no clue what the symbols mean, but I'm sure the Cherubim and Seraphim weren't handing out 7/11 astrological scrolls.

the meaning of the faces of on the cherubs is this

the lion-God's royalty
the man-God's mercy
the ox- God's strength
the eagle-God's swift judgments

these also correspond to the 4 winds of prophecy and also the 7 Spirits of God mentioned in the Revelation and also in Isaiah. that's a whole other thing though.

the Cherub is the only one with 4 faces, Seraphs don't have 4 faces nor do they have 24 wings as do the cherubs, they have 6.

Quote:
The "living creatures" went when the "wheels" went. Inside the wheels was a "fermament" like "the terrible crystal" - like a canopy. And one "like the Son of Man" sitting on what seems like a sapphire throne, with fire and lightning all around him. On angel of fire that does nothing but go up and down, up and down... like a piston... eyes all around it, like windows...

these particular cherubs are the ones which carry God's throne about wherever He goes and being covered in eyes represents intelligence. they don't just go up and down but also back and forth so this isn't like a piston. if you can visualize it, the 4 are on the 4 corners of the throne of God and because they have 4 faces they don't have to turn to go wherever they need to God hence they travel in straight lines. this isn't something mechanical as we think of it.

Quote:
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also must I bring, and they shall hear my voice, and there shall be one fold, and one shepard." (JOHN 10:16)

i think this is more a reference to the gospel going forth to the gentile rather than any other life outside of our own.

Quote:
"And then shall appear the sign of the of the Son of man in heaven... coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of HEAVEN to the other." (MATT 24:30 emphasis mine)

perhaps this has to do with the gathering together of the elect in heaven, those on the earth which get caught up to meet Him in the clouds?

2007/1/23 23:51Profile

Re:

IRONMAN, thanks for the interpretations!!!

I know I don't know what it all means for sure... Ezekiel's vision is a mystery to the Jews and Christians alike.

One of the things I love best about God and wrestling His Word are finding new passages and parables I don't recall reading before (almost always happens), the "aha" moment when the Spirit interprets a parable, the trying to imagine strange visions as spoken of by the prophets, and the "what if's" that come through musing on the Word.

The more absorbed I get in the Word, and God's promises, the more I realize how futile so much of modern science is today! I mean, why bother making crude rocketships to explore the Moon and Mars when, when I get to the Kingdom, perhaps if I ask nicely, God might lend a small angel to take me on a guided tour of His Creation... to see all the wonders of the Universe... and if the Universe is this complex and wonderful, imagine what Heaven must be like...

GLORY BE TO THEE , OH GOD!!!

2007/1/24 1:47
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2 Cor. 11:14

2007/1/24 9:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy