SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Stirring . . .? ( UPDATE )

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

A Stirring . . .? ( UPDATE )

Greetings brothers and sisters in Jesus' name.
I wrote you about a week ago, posting a testimony of the incredible move of God's Spirit that occured in our Wednesday night youth service two weeks ago. I thought I would write and give you an update as to what has happened since.
As the one dear brother asked, "What are we doing the day after", powerful moments such as the one I mentioned. I must admit, I too had this same concern. I was fearful that we would simply say "Wow! That was awesome." And then the return to school the next day would have smashed them right back into the worlds mold. However, I found something quite contrary had happened.
As I asked for the testimonies last friday night as to what had happpened, I was absolutely blown away by the testimony of three young ladies and what God had done in their lives, BLOWN AWAY! They are completely changed. Last night in our Friday night service, I just stepped back and let them testify as to what God is doing in their lives, and they did so for the better part of 45 minutes. One young lady who had been up to that point, rather shy, introverted, and bashful at school (when it came to the things of God). Is now walking the school with other students praying for Revival. They are now witnessing to teachers, students and whoever will listen. Another young man was genuinely touched this past Wednesday night. Up until this point he was, I'd say, on the fence. There was really not even any preaching, except a brief exhortation towards the end, we just worshipped and prayed. This young man was broken before God then entire time. Last night he testified to a powerful work that God has done in his life. Even the others who go to school with him say he is completely changed. He is now bringing and reading his Bible to school and witnessing. (Which is not the norm for him) There is beginning a change even in the school. I can't explain it, I had nothing to do with it. But there is a genuine brooding of the Holy Spirit. There has been a core in our group that have been crying out for revival to the point of pain for months now. I've watched them shed more tears than I ever have. I've heard them moan and groan and travail for souls. I believe that God is beginning to answer. Last night there were more people at our Friday night service than we've had in a long time. Including one mother who brought her young son, just feeling an urge to come. There is just something building.
And also since the last post, I've heard a testimony of another individual, a teacher in one of our young boys classes. He testified to hearing the angelic singing that two of our young women heard that night. My wife also heard a piano playing (which was turned off). The 2 other girls heard this as well! Friends God is moving! Let us cry out to Him that it deepens. Yesterday is over and I need Him now!
Burning,
Jeff

2004/2/28 14:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: A Stirring . . .? ( UPDATE )

Quote:
can't explain it, I had nothing to do with it. But there is a genuine brooding of the Holy Spirit. There has been a core in our group that have been crying out for revival to the point of pain for months now. I've watched them shed more tears than I ever have. I've heard them moan and groan and travail for souls. I believe that God is beginning to answer.

Thats awesome brother that you are being able to be entrusted with a burden for the lost. What a wonderful blessing from God, the burden to travail and pray for souls. It reminds me of what Leonard Ravenhill said about the people that visited him near the end of his life: "They all ask for my mantle and blessing.. but no one ever asked for my burden, they don't want it." I just wrote this in another post but think its applicable here also: "Lord give us even a small portion of the burden that Jeremiah had for the lost. These are desperate times and require desperate measures. Help us to see the world that is burning alive before our eyes O, Lord as we apathetically sit back in our pews not alarmed over the urgency of the matter. Give us eyes to see, awake us from our slumber."

Quote:
Friends God is moving! Let us cry out to Him that it deepens. Yesterday is over and I need Him now!

Yes Lord move in all of our lifes, bring us deeper into your purposes and plans for our lifes. Lord seperate us apart for your work. O Lord show us your glory one more time!

2004/2/29 0:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy