SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Treasure in Heaven

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Treasure in Heaven

[b][color=660033]Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.[/color][/b]

[i]For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also[/i]

What are some of the hindernaces to having our treasure in Heaven? Having such a great promise and hope as that of Heaven and God Himself, you would think that we would all easily and eagerly embrace the hope of treasures above and forsake all that would cling to us and keep us grounded and minded below. But that is not our case.

So, how can we overcome this? How can the eyes of our heart be single and set on Heaven and God alone?

May God continue to perfect that which concerns each one of us His children and give us grace to behold His glory above.

2007/1/20 11:19Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Treasure in Heaven

In my own life, I think I have found that, in the words of a Puritan writer "I am not yet weaned from all created glory".

I can see where the glory of talents and abilities or accomplishments, the minding of these things, or the desire for them, either past or future, has been a hinderance in wholly embracing the glory of God from above. I have still held out...reserved a place... for taking glory of my own.

I do not believe that God is willing for us to have both His glory and our own. Either He will be glorified in us, Alone, or we will take unto ourselves some of it and make it our own. I do not believe He is willing to share it however. He has said before

[i]I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.[/i]

When I have glory, it is a cheap imitation of His glory from above. It is a counterfiet, a fraud, a lie, and high, high robbery.

2007/1/20 11:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy