SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what study bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
and he changes the words of verses. Though it is perceived to be KJV. It's not.

I've used my Key Word Study Bible for years and love it. I've only come upon one major typo:

[b]Key Word:[/b]
"For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. The[b]y[/b] answered Peter."

[b]KJV:[/b]
"For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. The[b]n[/b] answered Peter."

That really looks like a typo to me.

The other changes are found on inbetween The Scripture Index and Strongs Hebrew Concordance where there is a list of spelling/vocabulary changes from Archaic to Modern English. They are really are pretty insignificant, like from 'an ambassage' to 'ambassadors'.

My Bible is a special edition put out by the Advanced Training Institute International so the commentary has been changed in a few places by Bill Gothard (with permission of course).

2007/2/3 10:00
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

I use:

John MacArthur Study Bible (NASB)
The Reformtation Study Bible (ESV)
Matthew Henry Study Bible (KJV)

Plus for more indepth study many commentaries :-)

2007/2/4 8:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

hhhmmm,
I did a search on the web for resources to assist you in this type of study. There were many and all I looked at had merit although none were as good as the course I took in 1967. So I suggest you do a search of your own and you should be able to find one that will suit your needs.

Basically it means you Observe, then Interpret, then make application. But when you get to the interpretation you will ask yourself also "what does this tell me about God?"

When you do all this, you will want to be conscience of the law of first mention. When you are ignorant of a 'term' or word or its implication, take your concordance and look up the word and checkout the places where it appears in the Bible and read it, noting the context wherein it is found. For example, take the word "blood" and beginning in Genesis read what the Bible says about it. You will soon develop a real appreciation for the term and what all it entails by the time you get to the New Testament.

Christian, it is a method that will require little financial investment; it is simple, and once you get used to studying this way, you will have a tool that will work for you in many other ways.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/2/4 18:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy