SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Discipline of Love ~ Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Discipline of Love ~ Chambers

[b]The Discipline of Love[/b]
[i]1 Corinthians 13[/i]

1 Corinthians 13 is the description of how Christianity works out in a man’s actual experience. Love is the sovereign preference of my person for another; my love for Jesus Christ means that I deliberately identify myself with His interests in other people—and the Lord is interested in some funny folk. Jesus Christ demands, if I am born from above and have inherited His disposition, that I show it, not to fictitious people, but to the people I live beside. Our Heavenly Father has an amazing sense of humor; He will bring across your path the kind of people who manifest to you what you have been to Him. If you have been obstinate, that is why you have got that fellow around you just now, and Jesus says “Show him the attitude I showed you.” That is experimental Christianity with no humbug. It means showing the disposition of Jesus Christ to the man who deliberately wrongs you, and it takes some doing.

[i]Taken from Still Higher For His Highest by Oswald Chambers[/i]

2007/1/18 14:29
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: The Discipline of Love ~ Chambers

I guess John 3v16 comes to mind.

God loves us and we are to show His love to others.

It's easy to love those who love us, and God.
But to love our enemies, that is God's love in us.

As we see the terrible eternity awaiting the lost, let us not close our eyes to their plight, but to seek God for their deliverance.

God bless.

2007/1/18 14:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy