SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Height of Selfishness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

The Height of Selfishness

I was going through a rough time in my family life for a while and was growing a bit weary of the journey. My defenses were down and I found myself grumbling about the way people were driving, having to deal with flaky employees, I became less than compassionate, etc, etc, etc.

During all this I began to see that I didn't have the anointing (power) to pray for people, or to encourage them, sometimes to not even smile at them. In fact I felt ineffectual.

I believe the Lord showed me this was the height of selfishess. With me and my whiny ways on the throne I had nothing to offer to anyone. I began to see that the authority to lay hands on the sick and see them recover is strengthened when we are connected to the source correctly. However if I allow my focus to be on me and my problems a steady procession of needy folks walk right past me unnoticed because I am self absorbed. That is selfishness.

How many of us realize that our connection to our Savior isn't just for us, but that we might impact the world around us. How many of us don't keep ourselves abiding in Him and therefore we have no ability to share our witness because we can't see past our own need.

Sin separates us from God. He doesn't move, we do. But having entered into a pact with sin we no longer care about out relatives heading to hell, or the physical or emotional needs of those we are sent to set free.

That is the height of selfishness.

[color=6600CC]Sorry folks I should have posted this in the lounge. oops![/color]

2007/1/18 11:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy