SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Saving Life of Christ - Major Ian Thomas

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Saving Life of Christ - Major Ian Thomas

Saving Life of Christ

. . . . "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." As the "good, acceptable, and perfect will of God" was implemented by the Son through dependence on the Father, so that "good, acceptable, and perfect will of God" may be implemented by you through dependence on the Son.

This divine vocation into which you have been redeemed, as "His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God has before ordained that you should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10) can only be fulfilled in the energy and power of the One who indwells you now by His Spirit, as He walked once only in the energy and power of the Father who indwelt Him through the Spirit. Of Himself He said, "I can of mine own self do nothing" (John 5:19), and of you He says, in John 15:5, "Without me you can do nothing."

How much can you do without Him? Nothing! So what is everything you do without Him? Nothing!

It is amazing how busy you can be doing nothing! . . . "The flesh"--everything that you do apart from Him--"profiteth nothing" (John 6:63), and there is always the awful possibility, if you do not discover this principle, that you may spend a lifetime in the service of Jesus Christ doing nothing!

. . . The life which you possess as a born-again Christian is of Him, and it is to Him, and every moment that you are here on earth it must be through Him--of Him, through Him, to Him, all things! "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice" (Romans 12:1).

The Lord Jesus Christ claims the use of your body, your whole being, your complete personality, so that as you give yourself to Him through the eternal Spirit, He may give Himself to you through the eternal Spirit, that all your activity as a human being on earth may be His activity in and through you; that every step you take, every word you speak, everything you do, everything you are, may be an expression of the Son of God, in you as man.

If it is of Him and through Him and to Him, where do you come in? You do not! That is just where you go out! That is what Paul meant when he said, "For me to live is Christ" (Philippians 1:21). The only Person whom God credits with the right to live in you is Jesus Christ; so reckon yourself to be dead to all that you are apart from what He is, and alive unto God only in all that you are because of what He is (Romans 6:11).

When the world looked at Jesus Christ, they saw God! They heard Him speak and they saw Him act. And Jesus said, "As my Father has sent Me, even so send I you" (John 20:21). The world again will hear God speak and see God act!

Is is for you to BE--it is for Him to DO! Restfully available to the Saving Life of Christ, enjoying "the richest measure of the divine Presence, a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself," instantly obedient to the heavenly impulse--this is your vocation, and this is your victory! (The Saving Life of Christ, pp. 150-52).

2007/1/18 1:11Profile
Stan53

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Saving Life of Christ - Major Ian Thomas

And there an awful lot of believers who spend an awful lot of time doing just that: nothing. And they think they are doing something! And they are. That's the problem. They are. Christ isn't. And when your doing something and Christ isn't, then you are doing..... nothing. For it is only what is of Him that is something.
By the way, your quote is on the last page of that book. I know, I have the book. You obviously have the original. Mine has The Saving Life of Christ and The Mystery of Godliness.
Can you imagine the revolution that occurs in a believers life that he actually doen't have to do anything? That Christ will do everything. All we have to do is make ourselves available to Him.

2007/1/21 5:31Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Saving Life of Christ - Major Ian Thomas

I don't know of a any pulpit in the whole city of Kamloops, BC, Canada where this message is preached.
One of my favorite verses is Galatians 2:20: "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Thanks for the post Christian... Thanks to God's labourers here at SI.... and another special thanks to God Himself for the internet, that without it, my soul would probably be withering from the lack of hearing the testimonies of the old saints who sacrificed their time to write these beautiful truths whereas my soul can prosper.
Praise the LORD :-D
The Lord Christ Jesus bless you all with Himself,
richie

2007/1/21 7:35Profile
Stan53

Re:

Many are those who can get us to John 3:16. What is need is Romans 7 and 8. They will get us to Galatians 2:20. Major Ian Thomas is still proclaiming these truths. Another you might like to listen to is Norman Grubb. He has gone to his reward now but his messages are still available on line right here.
I love our brother Len Ravenhill, but alas he also only takes us to John 3:16 although he encourages more. I am looking forward to chatting with him when he has done chatting with Moses and Paul.

2007/1/21 19:15Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Stan53 wrote:
Another you might like to listen to is Norman Grubb.

I believe I have his book "Intercessor" somewhere in my collection... if this is the same man you are referring to.

richie

2007/1/21 19:20Profile
Stan53

Re:

Quote:
if this is the same man you are referring to.

One and the same. I haven't read the book but he is the one. There are one or two of his sermons on Sermonindex. I think if there is a danger in his thinking it might be that we become to "familiar" with Christ. We really really need to get hold of God's Holiness.
Enjoy!

2007/1/21 23:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy