SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Playing God?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Playing God?

I’m looking for information about the medical world and Christian ethics, the “have we gone to far?” kind of stuff. Until recently I worked as an EMT (emergency medical technician) and have seen a lot of situations that have left me wondering about the advances in the medical world and God. Some families embrace hospice, while others want ever medical advantage taken when it comes time to die. What about surgeries? Some procedures are questionable and/or risky.

What used to be a miracle can now be done with medicine.

We can keep people alive.

I have talked with a few doctors that believe we are on the brink of huge discoveries and that some boundaries are about to be shattered.

Engineering new body parts is right around the corner.

People born blind will be given sight.

Are we playing God? Have we gone too far in some areas?

I know there are thousands of different circumstances and they often dictate what we do, but I would like to hear your experiences and thoughts.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

Peace be with you

TJ

2007/1/17 21:06Profile

Re: Playing God?

Compare the way the world heals...

Quote:
CANADA'S Falun Gong community has enlisted two well-known human rights activists to try to get to the bottom of new allegations that authorities in China are murdering Falun Gong members in order to extract their organs for transplants.

Last year, China finally admitted that it routinely harvests the organs of executed prisoners for transplant purposes both at home and for sale abroad without prior consent. But Matas said what the Falun Gong are claiming is far worse.

"They're not executed and then their organs harvested," he said. "The nature of the allegations is they're actually killed in the process of the operation of organ removal."

[url=http://www.canadianchristianity.com/cgi-bin/na.cgi?nationalupdates/060518claims]Canadians probe Chinese organ harvesting claims[/url]

... with the way our Lord Jesus heals...

"And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour." (MATT 9:20-22)

The kidnapping of people, and theft of their organs, is just one of the evils that could come out of a worldwide database containing all the blood types and medical data... particularily if each person had an electronic tag, or "mark" by which they could all be identified... just like cattle.

[url=http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/tech/200408/kt2004081219261211810.htm]Invisible Bar Code for Livestock[/url]

[url=http://www.destronfearing.com/]Destron Fearing - Livestock Microchip Implants[/url]

[url=http://www.digitalangelcorp.com/]Digital Angel - Human Microchip Implant[/url]

[url=http://www.greaterthings.com/News/Chip_Implants/index.html]Interesting Links to Surveillence Technology[/url]

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they should decieve the very elect." (MATT 24:24)

"And the beast... I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast... And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live." (REV 13:3-14)

"But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces (science?): and a god whom his fathers knew not..." (DAN 11:38)

"Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hands take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down." (AMOS 9:2)

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (JOHN 6:63)

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." (COR I 15:50)

"For whether we live, we live unto the LORD; and whether we die, we die unto the LORD: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the LORD's." (ROM 14:8)

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (COR I2:14)

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, HE TAKETH THE WISE IN THEIR OWN CRAFTINESS. And again, THE LORD KNOWETH THE THOUGHTS OF THE WISE, THAT THEY ARE VAIN." (COR I 3:16-20)

"Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanliness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscnence, and covetousness, which is idolotry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience." (COL II 3:5-6)

2007/1/18 0:51
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Thanks for the info Corey. Anyone else?

2007/1/18 10:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy