SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Why so many healings?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
roadsign

Why so many healings?

Here is an exiting report, found here: [url=http://www.gfa.org/newsupdate112106?motiv=WA71-G1LP]Gospel for Asia - Special Report: Why Healings[/url]

* Chantamma was a disgraced widow who sunk even lower in society when she was diagnosed with AIDS.
* Sindhubai had heard the Gospel many times and rejected it-until she had an extreme allergy problem.
* Sudhakar suffered from epilepsy, and when it worsened, he came to the verge of committing suicide.
* And Shanti's mental problems threw her parents into such depression that they, too, considered suicide.

Yet each of these people found miraculous healing when they heard about and trusted in Jesus Christ. Here's how it happened:

Chantamma's life was transformed when a Gospel for Asia missionary shared Jesus, and after a few days she was healed completely. Chantamma gave her life to Christ and is growing in Him day by day.

Sindhubai visited a prayer meeting in her brother's house and allowed the pastor to pray for her agonizing allergy. Days later, it disappeared and she received salvation.

A GFA missionary came to Sudhakar's home with the Gospel and, full of hope, Sudhakar believed, and the Lord healed him from epilepsy. Sudhakar and his wife decided to follow Jesus, and he is now in a GFA Bible college.

Shanti's family first rejected the message of GFA missionary Kumar, but slowly they started listening as he kept visiting. When Kumar and several believers prayed for 40 days, Shanti was healed and the family turned to the Lord.

The stories could—and do—go on and on. It is becoming apparent that the individual stories of miraculous healings happening in Asia today are part of a much larger move of God. But what is the reason for all these miracles, and why do they happen so much in Asia?

In Asian culture, devotion to spirits and gods leads people to seek spiritual solutions. Often witch doctors' services are sought or sacrifices are made to gods of healing or good fortune. But when they are unable to cure an illness, these deities' lack of power becomes apparent. Then, when the people see the healing power of Jesus and hear of His sacrifice for them, they see that their Creator is the only one who can overcome their physical problems.

In these spiritually-focused cultures, people are quicker to realize who deserves the credit for miracles. Healings in these places draw people to salvation as they realize Jesus is more powerful than all their gods. The glory doesn't go to the missionary who prayed, or to the believers who fasted and sought the Lord. The glory goes to God, who touched them with love.

The flood of healing stories coming from Asia shows again the Lord's love and desire for souls to be saved. And through His mercy, thousands of people are being saved and giving glory to God.

2007/1/16 19:17Profile

Re: Why so many healings?

Doesn't surprise me. The LORD just made me quit my job bartending, is moving me to a new city, and has me crying and praying for perfect strangers on my knees every night. He's sent the voices of dead pastors to quicken my spirit (Tozer, Ravenhill, Sparks, etc)...

Doesn't surprise me at all that He heals the broken bodies of poor souls as well as their spirits.

-Corey

2007/1/16 20:07
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Dear Dianne, am glad you posted this. Can you imagine what all is happening in these lands? And to think that each one of those stories represent a whole group of people involved such as friends, neighbors, and loved ones.

Something you highlighted stood out to me also...

[b]It is becoming apparent that the individual stories of miraculous healings happening in Asia today are [u]part of a much larger move of God[/u]. [/b]

I was thinking about this over dinner and remembered something a man who was homeless had told me once. I had been out in the neighborhood walking around between Church services and as I approached to cross a certain intersection I remember asking God to shine His light and make His truth known. Just then as I was crossing the street a man sitting on a bench motioned and called for me to come over to him.

We began talking about the things of God and during our talk he made a comment which struck me and I've not forgotten it. He said something like

Quote:
you're a part of something bigger than yourself

And that was true. Much bigger. Perhaps he did not know exactly how much bigger it all is; do we either? Have we a conception of how great a thing it is that we are a part of? And the privilege of it all? The privilege to pray, to go, to preach, to give...

"The flood of healing stories coming from Asia shows again the Lord's love and desire for souls to be saved. And through His mercy, thousands of people are being saved and giving glory to God."

2007/1/16 21:10Profile
K_DAY

Ann Arbor, MI

Re:

This is indeed really encouraging. I know I am continually encouraged by what God is doing in Asia. I have read numerous testimonies of these divine miracles and manifestations of the Spirit in this part of the world. I had a few experiences of this as well when I was ministering in Kenya. The testimony of Brother Yun recorded in the book Heavenly Man has been another source of great encouragement and hope to me. I hope that I too can be as sold out as he was (and hopefully still is since leaving China...).

A friend of mine spent a year as a missionary in China. He wasn't able to have much interaction with the underground church, because of security issues, but he made a very important observation about many of the Christians there. When something wasn't going right with their movement, they tested themselves and repented in whatever way was necessary. We hold conferences, or have meetings...

Do you think that if revival comes to America, or isolated places in America, it will come with the same manifestations as in Asia?

2007/1/16 22:06Profile
rookie

Sis wrote:

Quote:
Healings in these places draw people to salvation as they realize Jesus is more powerful than all their gods.

Americans in general, have their gods also: The god of technology and medical science, the god of money, the god of insurance. For the most part, the people of GFA reach out to those who have not yet been polluted by these gods.

It has been along time since I have visited the GFA website. We have been sponsoring GFA students for some time. Yet, I have backsliden into complacency....

Thankyou sis.
Jeff

2007/1/17 2:41Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

I have no doubt that God is laying the foundation of revival in other nations; In Asia, Africa, South America and the Middle East.

Why aren't we experiencing revival here? We're too comfortable!

I have been praying and preparing for a move in my life towards world missions, it is such an exciting time for me! When I hear about how Jesus is appearing to people around the world I want to goto those places!

I don't think there is anything I can do with my own strength to bring revival anywhere, but where it is I want to reach out and be part of it!

I highly recommend supporting Gospel For Asia, along with other mission minded organizations like YWAM, Operation Mobilization, Open Doors, and many others.

You can find out more about these ministries by reading the books written by Gospel For Asia founder K.P. Yohannan, Open Door's founder Brother Andrew, Operation Mobilization founder George Verwer etc. Or you can also read about our spiritual forefathers in missions like Hudson Taylor and Amy Carmichael!

2007/1/17 3:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy